PG Music Home
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music PowerTracks 2011 is available - 02/18/11 07:37 PM
PowerTracks Pro Audio 2011 is available

Upgrade from any version for as little as $29!

We’ve made big improvements to the sound of the audio tracks with a new élastique Pro V2 time stretching and pitch transposition engine so that they sound more natural over a much (3x) wider range of tempos.

There are new MIDI and audio transpose options for key signature changes, replacing the previous Yes/No dialog for MIDI transpose.

Plus there are lots of helpful improvements like updated fly-by hints including volume and pan settings in the fly-by Track window hints, a new "Mini-View" mode for the Track window, support for long track names and more....

Version 2011 new features and more info.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: PowerTracks 2011 is available - 02/19/11 10:35 PM
Andrew,

What a pleasant surprise. Just upgraded, downloaded, and am playing with it now.

Thanks!

Larry

PS - PG's upgrade's on PTPA is, and has always been, a steal and one of the best bargains out there, period.
Posted By: Paj Re: PowerTracks 2011 is available - 02/20/11 03:13 PM
Downloaded and installed. Just soooo freakin' reasonable for an upgrade! Thanks!

It seems so so far, but can I safely assume that the the key-change function checkbox option (Exclude tracks with "drums" in the name) also leaves alone everything on MIDI channel 10 wnen checked?

Paj
8^?
Posted By: MarioD Re: PowerTracks 2011 is available - 02/21/11 10:26 PM
Andrew, am I to assume that I can load a wav file at say 100 BPM and then increase the temp to say 110 BPM with minimal audio problems?

Thanx for you time - Mario
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: PowerTracks 2011 is available - 02/21/11 11:47 PM
Hello Mario,

Yes you should be able to.

To do this, you would double-click on the tempo box, and enter the new tempo.
Posted By: refreshingly Re: PowerTracks 2011 is available - 02/22/11 03:28 PM
Andrew,
I am assuming that if I am using RealBand 2011, any power tracks features are available to me and there would not be any advantage to using power tracks?

Is that correct?
Thanks,
Jonathan Wright
Posted By: Felipin Re: PowerTracks 2011 is available - 02/23/11 04:37 AM
I have used PT version 9 in my old XP and I was always able to record whatever music was playing on my computer: CDs, files or Internet.

I have a new Windows 7 computer and I would like to know if version 2011 will allow me to record music from any source, what ever is playing on my computer like the Internet.

I have lots of MP3 songs I want to boost the volume.
Posted By: Mac Re: PowerTracks 2011 is available - 02/23/11 12:28 PM
Quote:

I have used PT version 9 in my old XP and I was always able to record whatever music was playing on my computer: CDs, files or Internet.

I have a new Windows 7 computer and I would like to know if version 2011 will allow me to record music from any source, what ever is playing on my computer like the Internet.

I have lots of MP3 songs I want to boost the volume.

The ability to record like that, "What U Hear" or "Stereo Mix" or some other possibly cryptic wording, is a function of your Soundcard or Sound Device and the OS and not the host recording program.

So if you can find the right setting in Record Properties - and if your sound card's drivers and OS allow it, you should be able to get that going again.

--Mac
Posted By: jeffgee Re: PowerTracks 2011 is available - 02/27/11 06:04 PM
Sweet...I'll have to check it out...Thanks for the news!
Posted By: mal12345 Re: PowerTracks 2011 is available - 03/02/11 07:32 PM
Quote:

Andrew,
I am assuming that if I am using RealBand 2011, any power tracks features are available to me and there would not be any advantage to using power tracks?

Is that correct?
Thanks,
Jonathan Wright

Yes, I've been wondering about the same thing...
Posted By: rubberball103 Re: PowerTracks 2011 is available - 05/20/11 05:53 PM
I'll probably upgrade soon.

I really, really, really hope the "fly-by" hints can be turned off. They are extremely annoyning and obscure your view of what you're doing. This is especailly aggravating in the lead sheet mode. I'll be trying to enter a note but the little yellow window pops up on the note I'm over so I can see where to put the next one.

Turning off "tool-tips" is the first thing I do. I hope that can be done in the lead sheet window.
Posted By: jford Re: PowerTracks 2011 is available - 05/20/11 07:08 PM
Options, Preferences, uncheck "Enable Flyby Hints".
Posted By: rubberball103 Re: PowerTracks 2011 is available - 05/20/11 07:46 PM
Ah, good. I don't that it's in Ver 12 which I have. At least I never found it.

I snoop around sometimes for other programs but nothing comes even close for the price. So many lack any kind of notation window. I guess they figure not many people know how to use one. I don't use a keyboard input so mousing in notes is great for me.
Posted By: rubberball103 Re: PowerTracks 2011 is available - 05/20/11 10:10 PM
Version 12 does have that but unclicking "enable fly-bys" does not stop the big yellow boxes from obscuring the other notes in the notation page. Rats.
Posted By: joden Re: PowerTracks 2011 is available - 11/29/11 03:41 AM
So PT 2011, is a later version than PT 12? Sorry I am getting a bit confused with the numbering...

Thanks
Posted By: rharv Re: PowerTracks 2011 is available - 11/29/11 11:38 PM
Yes
© PG Music Forums