PG Music Home
Posted By: renevandenberg drum notation - 08/16/09 11:27 AM
Hi
This weekend I have seen the baib program at a friend. It looks great.
As I do drumming since two years, I am interested in a specific omission / functionality??
I want to import mp3s in order to see the exact drumming part.
For that reason I am more than willing to purchase baib.

However, looking at the proposed drumming, I noticed that I have learned / used to play with completely differently drumming notation.
For example: hihat on highest line, crash one line above the hihat, base below the lowest line, etc.

Before purchasing baib, I want to be sure about:
1) where can I see in baib, which drum instrument (hihat, crash, base, snare etc etc) is depicted in the drumnotation?
2) Can the drumnotation be adapted to the drumnotation as I have learned / am used to play with?
So I can determine where the haiht, crash, etc is depicted in the drumnotation.

Regards
Posted By: Mac Re: drum notation - 08/16/09 03:21 PM
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, I don't think that BIAB can do either of those two things for you.

The mp3 part does not extrapolate or print the drum parts, it is the "Auto Chord Wizard" and as such, tries to find just the chords of a particular song, not the drum part.

And the Drum Notation that BIAB uses is indeed nonstandard IMO also, but I don't think that can be changed easily at this point in time either.

--Mac
Posted By: HappyTrails Re: drum notation - 10/21/09 07:50 PM
Drummers always seem to get left out. Maybe it's their deodorant?
Posted By: WienSam Re: drum notation - 10/21/09 07:57 PM
Quote:

Drummers always seem to get left out. Maybe it's their deodorant?

NOI - you must have heard just about every musician joke about drummers by now?

Listen - try it. You have absolutely nothing to lose. PG Music are totally genuine when they offer the '30 Day Money Back Gurantee'
Posted By: HappyTrails Re: drum notation - 10/22/09 12:32 PM
Always the same jokes, I know. In classical circles, the jokes are on viola players.

Indeed - you can work around the drum notation thing. In PT the first thing I do is transpose up an octave or two when messing with MIDI drums.

BTW - you know what engineers use for birth control?

Their personalities!
© PG Music Forums