PG Music Home
just as the heading says. a fiddle part plays fine as part of the mix but when i try to solo it, it goes silent although the mixer shows a signal. unsoloing produces the whole mix with the fiddle

funnily enough another RT generated in RB plays fine when soloed
tried to share with dropbox and failed but try this
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zc1tsuzskqo9ix9a866gb/mingulay-right-style.SEQ?rlkey=aboxpub5g7swu9nhsfm18rhby&dl=0

all tracks play soloed except fiddle
Bob,

I downloaded the SEQ file and opened with 2024 RealBand. I soloed each active track and every track including the Fiddle track soloed fine for me. I even soloed all the way through the tracks to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

Description: Bob's SEQ with Fiddle Solo
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
still doesn't work for me - any ideas?
seems to have been some setting on my soundblaster - changed the surround to stereo and everything works fine. my standalone halion sonic midi player also now works which it wasn't. curious that one track wouldn't solo and the others would. oh - and the wave file now opens in audacity. now the hard work starts - the fiddle RT i've used before and needs edting to sound good.

i'm baffled but happy
Bob, Glad you figured it out. I use to use Soundblasters all the time but it's hard to fit one into a laptop! smile
© PG Music Forums