PG Music Home
Posted By: debitspread Can barely hear recorded audio - 04/18/24 03:04 AM
I just installed RB 2021, after having used BiaB for many years.

In BiaB, I created a tune, then tried a test recording of me playing clarinet. Everything sounded fine.

Then I opened the BiaB file in RB (with no Audio track) and tried to record again.

I heard the clarinet track, but just barely because the volume was so low. After trying a few times, I noticed that level bars on the RB track looked fine... until I accepted the track. That's when I saw that the saving of the track squashed everything down to a thin green line.

Is this the result of my driver settings? Any guidance that you have would be much appreciated.

Steve
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: Can barely hear recorded audio - 04/18/24 12:06 PM
please post pics of rb tracks view showing your settings and waveforms....and the mixer view....so people can give you accurate advice.

when you have time see some of my tips in the tips tricks forum as well as posted pg faq,'s and pg rb videos.

happiness.

om
Posted By: rharv Re: Can barely hear recorded audio - 04/19/24 01:48 AM
Have you done the available updates for that version, or is it still the release version?
Look for 2021 version updates here - https://www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm

Also, trying the Edit- Audio Plugins- Gain Change plugin may help to get the track level back to where it is expected to be as a quick workaround, but I do not recall this issue happening even back in 2021
Posted By: debitspread Re: Can barely hear recorded audio - 04/20/24 02:39 AM
Thank you. Updating to the latest build fixed my problem.

I appreciate your guidance.
Posted By: debitspread Re: Can barely hear recorded audio - 04/20/24 02:40 AM
Updating to the latest build fixed the problem. Many thanks.
Posted By: rharv Re: Can barely hear recorded audio - 04/20/24 02:49 AM
Glad it helped.
If you come back to this thread, you can Edit your original post and mark it as Resolved, which sometimes helps other people searching for a similar issue.
© PG Music Forums