PG Music Home
I just purchased this product. It is a VST Plug in. Had to jump through several hoops just to install it. Once installed I want to use it with or instead of the PG plug ins. When the track is playing I can select from several very good presets. ---

Problem 1. they don't stick to the track. Example, I go to another track or I save the file, or close the file that preset is gone form that track. This is quite different from the PG plug ins.

Problem 2. If I try to merge the audio and DXI into sterio wave file, it also doesn't stick.

Does anybody know of a fix? If so please either call (414) 525-2300 or email me at mikejazzguitarman@hotmail.com

Thanks
Hi Mike,

As you say - they don't stick.

Workaround is as follows:

Select track that you wish EZMix to be in. Select EXMix preset that you like (this step is not really necessary it just lets you hear the preset you like)
Once happy that the sound is as you require - Right Click on the track and select Audio Effects - Choose DirectX Audio Plugins and from the list select EZMix Plugin
Set preset as you wish (if you have tweaked, then re-tweak)
Listen to track with preview - if happy click on Process.
It will now change the Audio and it will Stick. Just remember to save a copy before you process as it is destructive.

Best regards
Michee

P.S Perhaps PG Music staff will be interested as to why it doesn't stick unless you do the above.
Thanks Michee,

FYI Im using RB 2008 and right clicking track didn't bring up the DirectX. I went into Edit, Audio then selected Direct X and then I reselected it again, and it worked.

I understand that it is very important to save the data in the raw track prior invoking this method, because this method changes that track forever unlike the PG Plugins. The EZmix are VST. Do all VST plugs work the same way? I will contact PG and discuss this with them. EZmix is a real nice tool and I'm wondering about some of the other products produced by Toontrack.

Sincerely
MikeTM
I would think that a program like EZ Mix would be like Ozone or any of the other mastering programs. These type things are best used on the master buss output , and not on a track by track basis.

Get the tracks panned and volume adjusted, add any individual effects you want and place EZM on the final buss output and set to taste and export that signal to a mixed down wave file.
Since EZmix has separate user selectable templates for things like, "Voice Track" or "Snare Drum" or "Kick" or "Bass" -- I don't think you want to place it on the Master Aux bus at all.

--Mac
Cool i see, i would have thought it had templates for final mixes like ozone. So then just a drop in the FX bin of a track and let 'er rip!
© PG Music Forums