PG Music Home
Posted By: Steve Mac Another Access Violation - 12/22/13 01:06 PM
Finished my first ever go at a creation in Realband and used the Audio menu command Merge Audio and Vsti and DXi tracks to compressed file and I got a warning pop up that said

Access Violation at address 09421A2 in module reaaband.exe Read of address 57640000 at 009411A2

The application then hung forcing me to use task master to get out.
I tried again but this time the Audio command to merge to a wav with the same results.

I am using windows 7 on a powerful desktop

All of the tracks were Realtracks except one vocal.

Any help please
Cheers Steve
Posted By: rharv Re: Another Access Violation - 12/22/13 01:45 PM
Steve, sending that message to support will get a quicker answer. Those who work with the code may recognize the error.

Also are you using the latest update for BiaB and RB .. RB relies on BiaB updates sometimes too.
Posted By: Steve Mac Re: Another Access Violation - 12/22/13 01:54 PM
Hi,
I have sent an email off for help but with it being the weekend I was hoping for any advice befor the day was out as it's my day off.
I am using all of the latest updates.
Cheers Steve
Posted By: rharv Re: Another Access Violation - 12/22/13 03:01 PM
One thing to try, highlight all tracks and use Track - Consolidate Audio .. this turns 'chunks' of wave tracks into one continuous piece
Sometimes certain plugins behave better when this is applied; be sure to highlight the whole song.
Posted By: MotleyFool Re: Another Access Violation - 12/23/13 04:42 PM
I see that type of error message when I don't open BB and RB as administrator (Right Click on icon, click on "Run as Administrator").
Posted By: Steve Mac Re: Another Access Violation - 12/23/13 08:47 PM
I got this as a reply to my query

Merging to compressed file requires that you have the MP3 codec installed on your machine, something we do not provide with the program.
If you want to make an MP3 I would suggest that you merge to Stereo Wavefile and lets see if that works.

Cheers Steve
Posted By: rharv Re: Another Access Violation - 12/24/13 04:34 AM
Ahh, I missed the 'compressed file' part. Their reply makes perfect sense.

There are many threads on here about mp3 codecs. Use the search in upper left to narrow down your options. For some, using Audacity is the solution. For others it is worth the extra effort to make it work in PGMusic products by installing a system codec. For yet another group, using the 'Merge to WMA' option works just as well.

Tell us about the need for a compressed file. If the MP3 format is not required you may have other easier options.
Posted By: Steve Mac Re: Another Access Violation - 12/24/13 09:16 AM
Thanks agin for your input Rhav, I wanted to have a quick way of moving a work in progress to my ipad for collaboration purposes. I am a bit surprised that a required codex isn't included as to be fair the kitchen sink is.
Now I know the problem, I will simply transfer it into Reaper and convert it there.
Cheers Steve
Posted By: DrDan Re: Another Access Violation - 12/24/13 01:08 PM
Same mp3 codec has to be installed for reaper to covert. It is a license thing.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Another Access Violation - 12/24/13 02:47 PM
There are a ton of MP3 codex out there, and easy to install. I installed one on my system years ago and it works in most of my programs. The reason for not including it is that standards change, and codex evolve.

Here is the one i always used http://lame.sourceforge.net/
Posted By: Steve Mac Re: Another Access Violation - 12/24/13 04:28 PM
Thanks guys, I m on it
Cheers steve
© PG Music Forums