PG Music Home
Posted By: nomoss Problem using mixer in RB 2013 - 08/27/14 05:31 PM
I hope someone help me use the mixer in RB. I set the audio track volume where I want it and it starts playing correctly but then jumps back to the orig position. Seems the mixer is does not really work at all.

I'm trying to reduce the volume of just a portion of the track. I found a work around ... cut a section of the track, pasted it into a new track and then used the trim dial on the fx.

But what is the purpose of the mixer, how do I get it to fix a volume on an audio track.. Thanks.

RB 2013
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Problem using mixer in RB 2013 - 08/27/14 06:58 PM
Are these midi tracks or audio tracks. If they're midi, open up the "Event List"...top of RB to the right of center. Check to see if you have CC (continuous controller) 7 or 11 events in the song. These will over-ride your mixer settings.
Posted By: nomoss Re: Problem using mixer in RB 2013 - 08/27/14 07:13 PM
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, but I'm working with realtracks, audio format.
Posted By: solidrock Re: Problem using mixer in RB 2013 - 08/27/14 10:16 PM
Expand the track vertically and you will see the volume Nodes under the track.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Problem using mixer in RB 2013 - 08/27/14 10:32 PM
Those volume nodes are the "automation envelopes" on the tracks. These are kinda new and there has been a little discussion of late on how well these are actually working. However, if they do not actually automate the volume sliders in the mixer they will override the mixer.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Problem using mixer in RB 2013 - 08/27/14 10:33 PM
Oh, by the way, welcome to the forum.
Posted By: rharv Re: Problem using mixer in RB 2013 - 08/27/14 11:56 PM
Easiest fix:
Rewind song
Go to Mixer, Hover over the Delete button at the bottom and read the tooltip that pops up.

Select desired track, note the slider position you want .. click Delete, and set slider back to desired position.
Play to verify results
Click 'Save As' smile
Posted By: nomoss Re: Problem using mixer in RB 2013 - 08/28/14 12:30 PM
Thanks guys. rharv's suggestion worked great except you've got to click the del button to see the tip. Clicking the del button in the mixer overrides 'embedded events' in the realtracks.

Unfortunately the node level control is a 2014 feature. I may need to upgrade.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Problem using mixer in RB 2013 - 08/28/14 12:54 PM
Rharv is the man! Have you read this?

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=258738#Post258738

The node based automation is getting a little bad press at the moment.
© PG Music Forums