PG Music Home
Posted By: murf100 delay on monitor - 05/25/09 07:12 PM
I'm a fairly new user. So far BIAB/Real Band has been great. Did a gig last night with 2 hour long sets with BIAB/Real Band backup. Sounded great.

Now I'm attempting to add some audio to songs I've done. When I playback the audio portion is about 1 sec behind the other tracks. I'm sure I'm screwing up something with the latency, but can't figure it out. What should I do?

Brian
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: delay on monitor - 05/25/09 07:22 PM
In Band-in-a-Box or RealBand, go to Opt - Preferences, then click on the Audio tab. In this window, there's a field marked "Offset in MS". Entering positive or negative values in this field will move the audio track playback forward or backward in relation to the MIDI.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: Blake - PG Music Re: delay on monitor - 06/01/09 05:23 PM
It is best to have your latency adjusted before you record anything, so that you do not have to make corrections afterwards. 1 second is a long time for latency. What MIDI driver are you using? Click on Options | Preferencs | 6-MIDI | MIDI Devices to find out.

If you don't have the same problem in Band-in-a-Box, you should check your MIDI setup there (click on Opt. | MIDI/Audio Driver Setup...). Ideally, you should have the same MIDI setup in both programs. If there is no latency problem in Band-in-a-Box, then you are probably using a DXi synth (Use VST/DXi DXi Synth will be checked).
© PG Music Forums