PG Music Home
In Real Band 2016, I could transpose a SEQ file by going to Edit\Key Signature. After picking the option I wanted (usually: Transpose All) and hitting OK, the file would be converted to the new key.

In Real Band 2017, after hitting OK, the program just sits with the hour glass showing, but nothing happens. I then have to close and reopen to get going again.

I’d appreciate someone confirming this behavior, or suggesting something I may have missed.

Thanks,

Don
Something I just tried:

I opened a SEQ file in Power Tracks (2012) and it converted (Key Change) okay there. I then opened in Real Band 2017 and I have the converted file working. Seems to be a Real Band problem.

Don
Hi Don,
I can confirm similar behavior. In RealBand 2017 tried to transpose a SEQ file consisting of 6 audio tracks down 2 semitones. Shortly afterwards I got the message "RealBand has stopped working and needs to close."

I then opened the same file in Powertracks 2016 and it carried out the task with no problems.

Regards,
I meant to add that I had installed the latest update patch before trying this.

I realized too that I only got the "stopped working" message after I clicked <Cancel> on the dialog box in the middle of the screen "Converting Sample Rate..." after nothing had happend for quite a while.

I opened the the same file again, this time in RealBand 2016, and it transposed properly and quite quickly as it had done in Powertracks. I agree it must be a RealBand 2017 problem.
Hi Richard,

Thanks for taking the time to confirm the problem.

Don
This will be fixed in a Build 3 update.

Thanks,
Thanks for the quick Build 3 update Jeff. It works fine now.

Regards,
Same here, thank you Jeff.

Don
© PG Music Forums