PG Music Home
I can choose this driver, but I get an error that ít takes too much memory.
I have then tried to lower sample rates etc but it does not help.
Its not MIDI but Wave sound from the MPK software program, and that I´ll have to keep open.

Does anyone have a workaround ?
TIA
Hi Stratos! What is the exact wording of the error, or can you post a screenshot of it?
Are you using the 32 bit or the 64 bit version of RealBand?
Posted By: rharv Re: Akai, MPK driver will not load in RealBand - 10/08/21 06:07 PM
FL seems to think it's when the driver is already in use by another App ..
https://support.image-line.com/action/knowledgebase?ans=601

Make sure some other app isn't already using it (like Chrome, as mentioned in the article).
FWIW simply closing Chrome may not solve it once it has grabbed the driver; it doesn't let go in some people's experience.
Reboot the system, then launch RB before launching any other programs (including Chrome).
Does the error occur then?
The above was learned from a search on the error.
The error itself gives a good clue;
there is not enough menory for this task. Close other applications to expand memory and try again

Apparently, though, it's not about memory so much as the driver has been reserved, so sometimes closing other applications may release it, but for some, closing Chrome didn't release it, they had to reboot.
@ Chantelle :
Im using 64 bit
"Error open input driver MKP minio 2: there is not enough menory for this task. Close other applications to expand memory and try again"

Its when I try to use the audio driver.
The midi is responding as it should.

Thanks for taking your time
Is the MPK software being used by the keyboard to generate sound? It may be running in an "exclusive" mode, which doesn't allow other apps to use the driver at the same time.

Try closing ALL other audio software on your computer and see if the keyboard will work in RealBand then.
The problem was to get the sound recorded, and now I solved it !
I suddenly got the idea to choose MIDI and scan for the MPK software as VSTi.
Now I can use all the great free sounds that comes with MPK.
I choose WAS as driver to get a good latency.
Thanks for all the answers.
Glad you're up and running stratos! Let us know if you have any more trouble.
Thanks for being around, Simon !
Anytime stratos, glad to help!
© PG Music Forums