PG Music Home
Posted By: Mark Hayes Doubleclicking BIAB document doesn't work - 04/30/23 09:39 AM
If I start out with BIAB not running, doubleclicking a BIAB document file (SGU, MGU etc.) does not open that file, it only launches BIAB with a blank chord sheet. I have to doubleclick the file again, with BIAB running, to get it to appear.

What's up with that??

BIAB Mac 2023 Build 704
MacOS Ventura 13.3.1
Posted By: TRYUK Re: Doubleclicking BIAB document doesn't work - 04/30/23 11:43 AM
The same thing happens when I do that, but it's not something I tend to do anyway.
Yeah i always open the program first and let it load. Still it does not work.
I get the same result. Funny, b/c that used to work well. But then it just stopped working.
Yes, I can still click a file in Finder & open a file once BIAB's open; but no, it no longer opens BIAB if closed.
Would be really nice if we could open BIAB by clicking on a file in Finder once again.
I haven't yet been able to duplicate this yet. Perhaps it only happens with certain types of song files. Could you choose a song file in the "Style Demos" folder and see if it loads correctly? What about if you right-click on the file, choose "Open with" and select Band-in-a-Box there - does it then load the song file as you would expect?
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
I haven't yet been able to duplicate this yet. Perhaps it only happens with certain types of song files. Could you choose a song file in the "Style Demos" folder and see if it loads correctly? What about if you right-click on the file, choose "Open with" and select Band-in-a-Box there - does it then load the song file as you would expect?

Thanks for the reply, Andrew. Both doubleclicking a demo file and right-click-open-with produce the same results.
Posted By: JayO Re: Doubleclicking BIAB document doesn't work - 05/06/23 09:43 PM
Hey Mark,
Just curious, if you right-click a song file and choose "Get Info", does it show BIAB as the default under "Open With..." ?

- Jay

Attached picture Screen Shot 2023-05-06 at 8.40.34 PM.png
Originally Posted By: JayO
Just curious, if you right-click a song file and choose "Get Info", does it show BIAB as the default under "Open With..." ?

Yes.
© PG Music Forums