PG Music Home
Posted By: Jesus Garcia Alvarez band in a box 2010 for mac - 02/17/10 05:51 PM
I need the 2010 version among other things because need the plugin format.
I would buy inmediatly the 2010 version for Mac.
Please somebody can tell me when it is predicted its appearance?.
Can the moderator or somebody of PG music tell me about?
Another question: I throw in lack styles and realTracks about contemporanian musics like fusion, advanced an vanguardist jazz and funk etc., and other contemporanian and actual styles in advanced and actual music ( new age, electronic music etc, etc, . I ask you pay attention to new creative musics. The traditional and conventional styles is very much place settings...
If you open to the newest and more actual musics open also a new market and a new users and help to the creative musicians...
Many thanks for the amazing band in a box
Await a response. Sorry my bad english
Best wishes
Jemuso
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: band in a box 2010 for mac - 02/22/10 10:25 PM
Hello Jemuso

We are working on a new version for Macintosh, however we don't announce release dates and feature lists ahead of time. We do appreciate style suggestions. It is usually best to post these in the Style Wishlist forum and mention song examples in the style of interest.
Posted By: whxband Re: band in a box 2010 for mac - 02/24/10 11:52 AM
Hello Andrew,

I think the way PG states developement steps is not a big favor for your custumors.

If we buy a 2009 and next month apperars a 2010, we need to spend additional 69 or 149 $.
Maybe good to give customers a update discount inside a timeframe.
(as like Apple does often)

I think, It would be a good thing to tell costomers a bit more of timeframes, at least a hint, for know not to trash money.

Sorry, but I think most of the customers are not very pleased this way.

thanks whxde
Posted By: Cemil Re: band in a box 2010 for mac - 03/07/10 12:29 PM
One way to get around this is to give a free upgrade for people who have bought in the last x months. Apple did this with Snow Leopard, NI did it with Guitar Kontrol RIg 4 and there must be countless others too.
Posted By: tenic Re: band in a box 2010 for mac - 03/07/10 02:34 PM
Quote:

One way to get around this is to give a free upgrade for people who have bought in the last x months. Apple did this with Snow Leopard, NI did it with Guitar Kontrol RIg 4 and there must be countless others too.

All you do it move the deadline. Then someone a x months plus a few days feels left out. It's a difficult thing to address. There needs to be some upgrade policy for recent buyers. If you announce a release date on a new version, then business comes to a standstill for new customers, because everyone is waiting to get the new version. One way to keep business moving is to offer one free upgrade to customers who purchase and register the current version.
Posted By: JPSoper Re: band in a box 2010 for mac - 03/08/10 03:48 AM
Quote:

Quote:

If you announce a release date on a new version, then business comes to a standstill for new customers, because everyone is waiting to get the new version. One way to keep business moving is to offer one free upgrade to customers who purchase and register the current version.

I totally agree, as I'm ready to buy but I know that the new version is forthcoming. I don't want to pay for an upgrade, so I'll wait to buy. If I was guaranteed a free upgrade, I'd buy now.
© PG Music Forums