PG Music Home
Posted By: Sam_Moore Automatically transposing each chorus? - 04/19/11 02:17 PM
First, let me say BiaB has helped me in my practice immensely, so thank you all for that. Great product.

When I'm practicing, I like to move through all 12 keys as much as I can.

My friends who have BiaB for Windows tell me it's possible to enter a chord progression, then have the program automatically transpose it, say, up a fourth each time it loops through a chorus. So, the first chorus might be in F, the second in Bb, etc.

I've been through the manual and can't figure out whether this is possible in the Mac version (2011 build 26).

Any guidance appreciated.
Hi Sam,
Thanks for the message. In regards to that feature, it isn't available in the Mac version. Not sure why it isn't, and I've added it to the list of features to add, I guess it got missed.
Posted By: Nome Re: Automatically transposing each chorus? - 04/20/11 01:14 PM
OK well here's a work around I just tried:
If you select the chords you have, then copy them, you can now transpose the song on screen down a 4th in the usual way, then paste the copied version on the end & you have a chart in 2 keys. Now copy all again but transpose the screen up a tone then paste the other at the end. Doesn't take long to cover the cycle of all 12 keys, remember there's a bit of length/arrangement setting adjustment too. A bit awkward but doable.
regards,
Pietro
Posted By: aksguitar Re: Automatically transposing each chorus? - 06/05/12 04:25 PM
I'd like to add to this request...just updated to to 2012 and it's still not there as far as I can see.
Posted By: aksguitar Re: Automatically transposing each chorus? - 09/19/12 02:30 AM
Is automatic transposing after each chorus on 2012.5 for Mac?
© PG Music Forums