PG Music Home
Posted By: redmoss Changing Key Signature - 05/30/13 12:46 PM
Hi,
does anybody know how to change key signature half-way through a song? When I try, it just changes the whole song ... right from the start. http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/images/icons/default/eek.gif

Regards, Redmoss
Posted By: pghboemike Re: Changing Key Signature - 05/30/13 02:29 PM
from the manual

You can have multiple keys in a song by changing the key signature in the Edit Settings for bar
dialog (F5 function key). The new key signature is shown on notation.
Posted By: redmoss Re: Changing Key Signature - 05/30/13 02:55 PM
Thanks Mike, I found the "edit bar settings", but when I change the Key and then press "Enter", nothing seems to change. Nothing appears on the score to indicate a change. Any ideas?

Redmoss
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Changing Key Signature - 05/30/13 03:41 PM
Not certain on the Mac version, but F5 should allow you to change keys at that bar and continue to the end or until changed again.

Actually, it can be accomplished in several ways so, if this does not work, post back and we will delve.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Changing Key Signature - 05/30/13 04:01 PM
When the cursor is in the bar, right-click to open a drop-down menu. Near the upper left quadrant you will see "Change key to:" and another drop down will appear. Select the desired key to be changed to.

Your selection is not implemented until you click "OK".
Posted By: redmoss Re: Changing Key Signature - 05/30/13 04:36 PM
Hi Guys,
yep, it did work, just as I was first instructed, but I was expecting to see some indication of the change in the main Chord Sheet Window but it doesn't appear there. Where you do get an indication of the chord change is in the bar between the Status Bar and the Synth Window.

Thanks for your help and perseverance.

Regards, Redmoss.
© PG Music Forums