PG Music Home
Posted By: princeplanet Can't find amplitude... - 10/22/16 12:54 PM
When I select "plugins" I don't get a list of VST plugins, instead I'm directed to a PG website. I'm hoping to be able to plug my live elec gtr into my audio interface and playalong or record along with BIAB,

Any ideas?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can't find amplitude... - 10/22/16 06:51 PM
Please be a little more specific.

1. Are you referring to BIAB 2016? Mac or Windows? (You seem to have posts in both forums and I'm unclear as to what computer architecture I'm dealing with (Mac and Windows versions of the program are not exactly the same).)

2. When you say "select plugins", where are you selecting it? Is it a first level menu item or is it a latter menu item after having gone through a couple of levels. (Please let us know exactly where/what you select so that we can attempt to re-create the issue.)

3. Are you trying to run effects through BIAB and on to your guitar or are you trying to assign Amplitube to a BIAB track?

4. BIAB will certainly let you record your guitar playing (although Realband would be the better way to do it - much easier and much more control.)

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: princeplanet Re: Can't find amplitude... - 10/22/16 09:44 PM
BIAB 2014 on mac 2014. Selecting "plugins" icon (there are 2, but i mean the one on the right). The tutorial says Amplitude should appear. I'm wondering if I didn't download it originally...?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can't find amplitude... - 10/22/16 09:47 PM
Thanks for the added information. I run BIAB (Windows) and know very little about the Mac software.

If people in the Mac forum are unable to help, it would pay to contact BIAB Support directly. Contact information is found under the "Support" button at the top of this web page.

I do know that to install Amplitube it's necessary to set-up and account at IK Multimedia and get the serial numbers, etc., from the User Area of that site.

If you haven't done this, it would mean that you probably need to re-install Ampitube.
Posted By: jford Re: Can't find amplitude... - 10/24/16 05:34 PM
It's a minor point and won't help with the problem, but the product name is Amplitube, not Amplitude.
Posted By: Guitartist Re: Can't find amplitude... - 10/24/16 06:12 PM
Have you checked HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins to confirm that you've installed Amplitube? If you don't see it then you will need to run the installer from your DVD or BIAB external hard drive or download it if necessary.
© PG Music Forums