PG Music Home
Posted By: Patrick Cox How to Increase Render Volume - 05/06/17 11:24 AM
Hello,
I am rendering some songs to be imported into my band in a box iPhone app and the volume is not loud enough. I have my iPad connected to my Roland piano and I have the iPad volume turned up to max and the backing track is still not loud enough. Any suggestions for rendering at a higher volume level?

Thanks!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: How to Increase Render Volume - 05/06/17 10:28 PM
Hi Patrick,

Welcome to the forums.

I drive the Windows version of BIAB. With this version there's an option under the 'Render' window to 'Normalize' the rendered audio. It sounds like you need to activate this.

I'm not sure if the Mac version of the program parallels the Windows version. The image below shows where I find 'Normalize'. It might help you to locate it.

If you cannot find this function, try looking under the "Help" menu.

Hope this is useful,
Noel

Attached picture normalize render.JPG
Posted By: Froi Re: How to Increase Render Volume - 05/08/17 11:38 AM
Will that setting be also carried over when you choose the menu File -> Save Special -> Save Song As...?

Thanks.
Posted By: catcrazy Re: How to Increase Render Volume - 05/10/17 09:30 PM
hi patrick,

don't know if you got your volume thing worked out yet but i saw your post and thought i'd chime in.
i use a mac and this is what i did to get a file louder.
raise your volume of the whole track in the mixer window on the bottom right..i usually choose to raise "all songs"
THEN
regenerate and play...
let the song play a bit then render the file.
it will save the volume you set it at....which might be loud enough. if not, raise it more.
this should work for you as it really raises the volume alot.

john
© PG Music Forums