PG Music Home
Posted By: jbkintl Windows vs Mac version - 05/07/17 05:11 PM
I have both platforms and was just wondering if one version contained more features or more style options than the other (everythingpak on both).
Posted By: babarton Re: Windows vs Mac version - 05/08/17 08:07 AM
The styles are all the same. The Windows version has always come out several months before the Mac version is released, and has generally been considered to be more "full featured", though this gap has narrowed markedly over time with the various versions. I'm honestly not sure what differences in features may still exist between the two versions. Unless there is some very specific feature you're looking for, you probably can't go wrong with either version! cool
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: Windows vs Mac version - 05/08/17 12:19 PM
I'd go for the Windows version.

It comes out sooner, and does have more features.

It's not enough for a Mac person to by a Windows computer for, but if you have a Windows computer, the PC version is your best bet.

Insights and incites by Notes
Posted By: jford Re: Windows vs Mac version - 05/08/17 12:42 PM
And until they figure out something for the Mac, the Windows version also comes with RealBand, which gives you a 48-track DAW that natively supports a lot of BIAB features (that no other DAW does), to include styles, RealTracks, RealDrums, track generation/regeneration, etc.
Posted By: Guitartist Re: Windows vs Mac version - 05/08/17 02:22 PM
There are a couple of features still missing in the Mac version, e.g. Conductor and the TC Helicon audio harmony, but I think John nailed the major difference: the addition of RealBand to the pc version.

Sure, we Mac users can download GarageBand for free now, which is nice, but it doesn't have the BIAB integration that RealBand does. However, with the past couple of releases I'm happy to say that the Mac version of BIAB has gotten so much closer to parity with the Windows version that the differences are rather negligible.

© PG Music Forums