PG Music Home
Posted By: Bernard L'ermite Every song has 255 bars? - 12/22/09 04:31 AM
Hi there,

I have a 13" MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard. I recently purchased the 2009.5 MegaPak for Mac (crossgrade from winxp). I have the latest updates for my mac.

I don't even know where to begin. I tried upgrading to 2009.5 (build 8) but that just made it worst so I reverted back to 2009.5 (build 6).

For starters, every song loaded (including the style demos) has 255 bars!? That doesn't seem right. I am unable to delete bars. I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that the first time I played with it. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Then I cannot use the mouse's scrolling function (i.e. 2 fingers on the pad) to scroll to that bar 255. I have to drag the scroll bar. I can't highlight bars by 'holding down shift + arrows'. I can't highlight a few bars and have them looping. My OS is in French but I'd prefer to have BiaB in English; I cannot find where to change biab's language. There are windows for preferences where the text doesn't fit completely. I could go on.

Am I having a nightmare?
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Every song has 255 bars? - 12/22/09 04:57 AM
You should:

1. switch to build 8. That's what everyone is using.
2. If you want English, Command-I (Get info) on the app, and disable French.
3. if you want to change range of bars, use the page controls 1-2-3-4

>> For starters, every song loaded (including the style demos) has 255 bars!?
They don't have 255 bars. The length is displayed on the screen beside the title 1-32 *3 would mean 32 bars, and you click on that to set the length.
Posted By: Bernard L'ermite Re: Every song has 255 bars? - 12/22/09 05:19 AM
Wow! Thanks for the quick reply.

1.done
2.I don't see anything language related in the info pane (I only had my (first) mac for a few months)
3. I see.

Sorry for the panic, it wasn't that bad after all.

That was helpful, thanks a lot!

David
© PG Music Forums