PG Music Home
Posted By: Jim Fogle Andrew - Forum Change Request - 11/08/23 08:44 PM
The top of open threads has a banner with "Previous Thread", "Index" and "Next Thread" buttons. The bottom of open threads has a banner with "Previous Thread", "Next Thread" and "Go To" buttons.

Is it possible to duplicate the "Index" button in the bottom banner of an open thread so the bottom banner has four buttons instead of three? The "Go To" button is helpful so I don't want it to go away but the "Index" button is also helpful. I'm trying to avoid returning to the top of an open thread just to use the "Index" button.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Attached picture Clipboard02.jpg
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Andrew - Forum Change Request - 11/08/23 11:01 PM
I often have to scroll to the other end of the page. This would be a good addition.

+1
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Andrew - Forum Change Request - 12/30/23 05:09 PM
Is there an option currently to mark all as read? I would use that. I don't know if anybody else would though.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Andrew - Forum Change Request - 12/30/23 06:53 PM
"Go To" button has the Index selection
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Andrew - Forum Change Request - 01/01/24 02:15 AM
Originally Posted by Charlie Fogle
True, but they navigate to different places within the forum. "Go To" navigates between different forum sections. "Index" navigates to the root of whichever forum section your in.

When I use the "Go To" button drop down menu I need to remember I'm presently in the Off Topic forum section. When I use the "Index" button it knows I'm in the "Off Topic" forum section or whatever forum section I'm in.

Also if you accidentally leave a forum section using the "Go To" button the forum section is marked as read even though you may not have read all the threads in the forum section.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Andrew - Forum Change Request - 01/01/24 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by Jim Fogle
Originally Posted by Charlie Fogle
True, but they navigate to different places within the forum. "Go To" navigates between different forum sections. "Index" navigates to the root of whichever forum section your in.

When I use the "Go To" button drop down menu I need to remember I'm presently in the Off Topic forum section. When I use the "Index" button it knows I'm in the "Off Topic" forum section or whatever forum section I'm in.

Also if you accidentally leave a forum section using the "Go To" button the forum section is marked as read even though you may not have read all the threads in the forum section.

No. If you click Go To | Parent Forum (Index) which is the second button from the top, this returns to the Index of the current thread you're in and is exactly the same as the Index button at the top of the screen. Yes, you can also short cut to other forums using the Go To Button, but index is the same between the two options - top of screen or bottom of screen.

If I use Go To from the "Off Topic" forum, Go To (Index) goes to the "Off Topic" Index. From "User Showcase" Go To (Index) goes to the "User Showcase" Index and so on.

Attached picture Index.jpg
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Andrew - Forum Change Request - 01/02/24 02:12 AM
Checked it out, and ... Charlie is right, darn it. Parent Forum (Index) in the Go To drop down menu works exactly the same as the Index button at the top of the thread.

Never mind Andrew.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: Andrew - Forum Change Request - 01/02/24 07:18 PM
It probably wouldn't hurt to add the index button anyways...
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Andrew - Forum Change Request - 01/02/24 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Andrew - PG Music
It probably wouldn't hurt to add the index button anyways...
Lol, at our age, I get the irony of adding it anyway. I was going to the top of the page like everyone else until this request came up and I looked into it.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Andrew - Forum Change Request - 01/03/24 07:09 PM
Andrew, I made a request in a comment that you may have not seen.

Can we have a "Mark All Read" button to avoid having to go into every forum when I want to just mark read and start fresh on the next visit.
© PG Music Forums