PG Music Home
Posted By: JoanneCooper It’s Here! - 12/05/23 03:29 PM
Shameless self promo. Very chuffed that PG Music has included an integration with LyricLab in BIAB for windows 2024. Can’t wait to put this to use.
Posted By: DrDan Re: It’s Here! - 12/05/23 03:31 PM
Joanne, can you give us a brief video preview of this working in BIAB?
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: It’s Here! - 12/05/23 03:34 PM
thanks Dan. I will do so tomorrow. Just about to go out to dinner 😀
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: It’s Here! - 12/05/23 03:38 PM
DrDan:
I thought you were going to ask Joanne for a brief explanation of "chuffed"! lol
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: It’s Here! - 12/05/23 04:40 PM
I prefer to refer to him as LT. Dan!!!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: It’s Here! - 12/05/23 04:45 PM
Yes, I would like to see this in action. Thank you, Joanne, and congratulations.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: It’s Here! - 12/05/23 04:57 PM
Congratulations Joanne on being included in the 2024 BIAB release version.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: It’s Here! - 12/05/23 05:10 PM
I actually really like that feature and expect to use it a lot.
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: It’s Here! - 12/06/23 04:31 AM
Honestly we're pretty chuffed too Joanne!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: It’s Here! - 12/06/23 07:31 AM
Excellent news, Joanne. I too am keen to see this in action. Good one.
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: It’s Here! - 12/06/23 02:30 PM
Here we go. Very quick demo. Let me know if there are any questions.

Posted By: DrDan Re: It’s Here! - 12/06/23 04:25 PM
OK, I am duely impressed! grin
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: It’s Here! - 12/06/23 04:44 PM
This isn't something I need but I can see that is should be a great help to many. The product says it's free, no catch, and the video is clear with no ads or wasted time. Great job.

It appears that you can type in your own lyrics and chords (in other words, without using ChatGTP) and create the file format that will import into BIAB.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: It’s Here! - 12/06/23 05:03 PM
Quite impressive. It certainly makes it particularly easy for anyone to create songs.

Thanks for the demo.
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: It’s Here! - 12/06/23 05:12 PM
Hi Matt. There is a free version (LyricLabLite) that is free for life. There is also a premium version with additional functionality (including the ability to interface with Band-in-a-box)
Edited to add. Yes you can use your own chords and lyrics and format them correctly for import into Band-in-a-box.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: It’s Here! - 12/06/23 05:18 PM
Joanne this is crazy cool. I am very happy that you were able to work with PG to get this done.
Posted By: musiclover Re: It’s Here! - 12/07/23 06:59 PM
many Congrats on your achievements Joanne.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: It’s Here! - 12/08/23 02:32 AM
Joanne, thank you for the video demonstration. LyricLab is very impressive. That is a great way to use artificial intelligence.

I have some observations before ending with a question if I may.

You mentioned in the video you wanted the song to be in the chord of "G" and selected "G" from a drop down menu. The chords printed in the LyricLab text file appear to be based on the "G" key signature.
However Band-in-a-Box defaults to the "C" key signature and "C" can be seen in the Band-in-a-Box key signature box. The "G" based chords were entered into the Band-in-a-Box chord sheet. Won't they change if the user changes the Band-in-a-Box key signature to "G"?
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: It’s Here! - 12/08/23 05:33 AM
Hi Jim

Setting the key signature (and other elements such as style, tempo, feel and time signature) are “on the list” for future development. For now, the file opens in BIAB with “default” settings and you will need to pull down the “key selection “ and choose “G” without transposing.

I hope this helps.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: It’s Here! - 12/08/23 11:58 AM
Good morning Joanne. I've enjoyed giving LyricLab a tryout this morning and everything works as you demonstrated in your video except the convert to BIAB is locked. I opened LyricLab Lite free version. Is there a step I'm missing or maybe I'm in the wrong version?

I can manually convert the LyricLab song and save it as a text file and import that into BIAB and it appears to load properly but does not perform correctly. It needs to go through the BIAB conversion apparently.

Thanks,

Charlie

Attached picture Screenshot 2023-12-08 065232.jpg
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: It’s Here! - 12/08/23 12:03 PM
Hi Charlie
You are not missing anything. For now, The functionality to format for import to Band-in-a-box is available in the premium version.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: It’s Here! - 12/08/23 01:55 PM
Thanks Joanne. That makes sense and certainly the premium price is reasonable.
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: It’s Here! - 12/09/23 10:03 AM
Thanks Charlie. I am looking forward to hearing what people create with it.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: It’s Here! - 12/09/23 10:23 AM
Joanne, I too had a family 21st birthday celebration for a granddaughter. That was first song and it was better than I thought. My second was came out as more of a parody, "My dog don't bite" and was pretty funny. From a creativity perspective, I'd likely never attempted a song about a biting dog without some outside source prompting. So, it expanded my thinking from the start.
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: It’s Here! - 12/09/23 12:17 PM
Ah Charlie that is a great story. My daughter turned 21 at the beginning of the year and asked me to make a speech. I said I would rather sing her a song. I gave LyricLab a few prompts, pulled up a suitable Band-in-a-box style, and wrote the below song in a few minutes flat. I performed it at her 21st party.

Interestingly, the ability to create a personalised song very quickly is one of the main attractions I have found when demonstrating LyricLab. I did an AI expo a couple of weeks ago and when people came up to get a demo of LyricLab I usually asked their name and then asked LyricLab to write a song about "Peter the Brave" (if it was a man and obviously substituting "Peter" for their own name) or "Melanie the Beautiful" (if it was a woman). They absolutely loved the results, nodding their heads and saying "yeah, that's me"!

Posted By: Joseph Land Re: It’s Here! - 12/09/23 01:45 PM
Joanne: I am interested in getting the premium version of LyricLab but that won't be possible until around the middle to the end of January. Will the premium price be the same around that time?
Posted By: DrDan Re: It’s Here! - 12/09/23 02:53 PM
On that topic, how about a killer Black Friday/Holiday sale now! Can't hurt to ask. grin
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: It’s Here! - 12/09/23 03:16 PM
Joseph and Dan

I do run specials from time to time. Just put your name on my mailing list and you will be mailed. https://www.joannecooper.co.za/newsletter
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: It’s Here! - 12/11/23 01:49 PM
Congratulations! We are happy to hear that your focus on and dedication to marketing your songs, the app development and now joining with BiaB has proven successful.

Janice and Bud
Posted By: rsdean Re: It’s Here! - 12/11/23 05:29 PM
That's awesome Joanne - congratulations!

Bob
Posted By: Stephan327 Re: It’s Here! - 12/22/23 01:24 AM
I just got the One-Off Membership!!
© PG Music Forums