PG Music Home
Posted By: shlind EZKeys2 loading time? - 01/03/24 12:41 PM
I just want to check if any of the forum users have any issues with the loading time of EZKeys2.
I have extremely long loading time, in avarage 9.581 sec for each track with EZKeys2. So if I have 2 tracks with EZKeys2 loading time will be ca 19 sec and with 3 tracks ca 29 sec.
I use Studio One Pro 6 but I have tested it with Reaper as well as Cakewalk by Bandlab and it is the same issue there.

My PC config as attached below:

Attached picture 2023-12-28 Configuration.jpg
Posted By: MoultiPass Re: EZKeys2 loading time? - 01/03/24 12:49 PM
Ezkeys2 in SO = 12 sec
Ezkeys in SO = 1 sec

Confirmed.
Posted By: DrDan Re: EZKeys2 loading time? - 01/03/24 08:33 PM
Are you talking about starting EZKey as standalone or VSTi? Or opening a file? And you do know there is a toontrack EZkeys forum to discuss this matter? And finally, I have not noticed any significant startup time in the app.
Posted By: shlind Re: EZKeys2 loading time? - 01/03/24 08:42 PM
I am talking about the EZKeys2 VSTi loaded onto one or several tracks in the DAW Studio One Pro 6.
I takes ca 10 sec to load EXKeys2 for each track I have it on. So if I have 3 tracks with piano EZKeys2 it will take 30 sec for only the EZKeys tracks and the rest on top of it. It is the same if I only open the file when in Studio One.

I have posted the issue on the Toonetrack EZKeys forum but have not got any solution.

So what loading times do you have on your machine for EZKeys2?

My test setup is very simple, 4 midi tracks. one with EZDrummer3, one with EZBAss and two with EZKeys 2.
Nothing else.
(with Studio One open and right click on a song, one get the options to document the load times).

Attached picture 2023-12-29  Diagnostic Load test - Duration.jpg
Posted By: Brian Hughes Re: EZKeys2 loading time? - 01/04/24 12:57 AM
I have the same setup as you and have similar results. One thing to consider I thought was it is loading almost 3.8gb studio grand piano in as well. That is a lot bigger than my EZkeys default sample. It also takes a while in the Stand Alone Program as well so I am sure it has nothing to do with S1Pro 6.5.
Posted By: shlind Re: EZKeys2 loading time? - 01/04/24 02:02 PM
I understand it might take some time to load EZKeys2 once (first time) but I am not sure why it have to load it from disk for each new instance (each track with EZKeys2) if the software and sound libraries already are in memory . To me it seems that it loads from disk for each new track that uses EZKeys2. Also some users does not experience any significant load time at all. It would be interesting to how the those configurations differ.
Or maybe it is something else that hangs it also take very long time closing SO when having several tracks with EZKeys2.
Posted By: MarioD Re: EZKeys2 loading time? - 01/04/24 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by shlind
Or maybe it is something else that hangs it also take very long time closing SO when having several tracks with EZKeys2.

This can be a very important part of the problem. Things like cCleaner, Anti-Malwarebytes, and anti-virus programs can be set to check each and every file that is being installed or run.

If time permits later today I will time my EZKeys 2.
Posted By: MoultiPass Re: EZKeys2 loading time? - 02/26/24 07:53 AM
The bug is fixed in 2.04
Loading time in SO = 2 sec
Posted By: shlind Re: EZKeys2 loading time? - 02/26/24 08:29 PM
Thanks for the notice.
I have just tested it as well.
Loading time 3 tracks EZKeys 2.04 in SO ca 5.3 sec (before it took 19sec+).
Posted By: MoultiPass Re: EZKeys2 loading time? - 02/28/24 03:06 PM
This is felt immediately. Well done TT!!!
© PG Music Forums