PG Music Home
Posted By: pghboemike Can music without lyrics make you laugh - 03/23/24 09:00 PM
Yes ... this always does for me: Paz: Dancing In The Dark
Posted By: MarioD Re: Can music without lyrics make you laugh - 03/23/24 11:20 PM
I'll bet these kids never heard of Spike Jones!

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=spike+jones
Can you imagine what Spike Jones rehearsals were like? Another musical group designed to make you laugh was the Dumb & Bungle Corp, a drum and bugle corp from Duluth, WI back in the '60s and early '70s. They disappeared without a trace left on the web. No photos. No references. Nada. I was also in a D&B corp and marched in parades with them and the amazing Kilties and Chrome Domes corps. The Dumb & Bungle Corp were excellent musicians, but they would screw up songs in strategic places in very humorous ways. Their drum major wore diapers and rode in a huge baby carriage, pushed in front by another member. The also had one or two members with M-14 rifles with blanks walking behind the crowds lining the streets and would fire them every once in awhile. No way you could do that today.
There is a lot of music that makes us laugh ... but that was not its original intent. 🤪

J&B
Posted By: MarioD Re: Can music without lyrics make you laugh - 03/24/24 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
There is a lot of music that makes us laugh ... but that was not its original intent. 🤪

J&B

You are so right!
Skip to 0:28...
No crying allowed.

This mostly just gives me a fuzzy, warm feeling of nostalgia. You should try the music of Spike Milligan, that stuff doesn't even need visual aid to crack you up grin
Posted By: etcjoe Re: Can music without lyrics make you laugh - 03/27/24 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by Rustyspoon#
Skip to 0:28...
No crying allowed.

It has a good beat and I can dance to it. I would say that to Dick Clark.
© PG Music Forums