PG Music Home
Posted By: martin57 Addicted to upgrading. - 07/11/11 06:46 PM
Hi folks,

I was just thinking about this after I upgraded to 2011.5 the other day. For some reason or other I am addicted to upgrading band in a box to the latest version. Feels like something missing from my life if I know there is a latest release and I don't have it. Doesn't happen with any other software I have.

God knows I have realtracks coming out of both of my ears with the 2011 ultrapak but somehow when the mid year update is released I have to have it. I know I could wait maybe 5 mths to the Christmas time release 2012 and upgrade then and save money overall, but its like a drug I have to have my fix...lol

Probably overall its a good thing

martin
Posted By: pwarren Re: Addicted to upgrading. - 07/11/11 06:51 PM
Me too. I tried to convince myself that I didn't really need the upgrade this time. I mean the mixer is cool but I can live without it. Same with many of the other new features. I almost convinced myself.

Then I saw (and listened to the demo) the 70s soul. That did it. I bought the update.

Addicted? You bet! Now where's the 12 step program?
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Addicted to upgrading. - 07/11/11 06:58 PM
Hmmm..... 12 step program, an octave is (roughly) 12 half steps.... maybe we should call the support group The 12 Half Step Program....

I will be upgrading as soon as finances allow. Unemployed and job hunting as we speak....

Is that the definition of irony or what? No money to buy the upgrade, yet plenty of time to play with it. And when I get a job and have the money to upgrade, I won't have a lot of time to play with it.

That is as ironic as last week when the guy riding in a motorcycle rally to protest helmet laws died from a head injury after he went over the bars and landed on his head.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Addicted to upgrading. - 07/11/11 07:07 PM
I feel the same way! One issue i worry about is that it seems that each release requires the full upgrade due to some new feature that is added that makes the new RTs not backwards compatible. I suppose the new feature is great and needed, but I hope at some point to have the option to add just the RTs i want and not have to upgrade the system both at the mid year and full year release. I will say there are a couple more feature add on and updates i want to see with RB in particular. Then i will be pretty happy as a whole.
Posted By: Keith from Oz Re: Addicted to upgrading. - 07/12/11 03:56 AM
My issue is that whenever I purchase an upgrade, I go back through my songs and update many of them using the latest or more suitable Real Tracks.

My problem is that now, in July, I'm only about halfway through updating to 2011, and I've just ordered 2011.5, which means back to the start of the list.

But it's a NICE problem to have.
Posted By: Ryszard Re: Addicted to upgrading. - 07/12/11 07:10 AM
Quote:

That is as ironic as last week when the guy riding in a motorcycle rally to protest helmet laws died from a head injury after he went over the bars and landed on his head.

Q: What is the short term for an unhelmeted motorcycle rider?

A: "Organ donor."
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Addicted to upgrading. - 07/12/11 06:56 PM
I wish social security would pay for updates , I updated from 2004 to 2011 (finally) just this year. Can't wait till 2018 ,I may have the cash by then if gas goes down!
Posted By: Flatfoot Re: Addicted to upgrading. - 07/12/11 08:16 PM
>>>....... maybe we should call the support group The 12 Half Step Program.......>>>

I have a friend who is addicted to Country-Western dancing. There is hope, though.

She is going to a two-step program...!
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Addicted to upgrading. - 07/12/11 08:49 PM
Flatfoot sez! Soda springs population 41 Saallllute!!!
Posted By: ZeroZero Re: Addicted to upgrading. - 07/12/11 10:28 PM
Tommy you should live in the UK social security DO pay for updates - its called a 'personal budget', no I am not joking.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Addicted to upgrading. - 07/19/11 12:24 PM
I just wish that food stamps came with toilet paper too.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Addicted to upgrading. - 07/19/11 07:33 PM
Quote:

My issue is that whenever I purchase an upgrade, I go back through my songs and update many of them using the latest or more suitable Real Tracks.

My problem is that now, in July, I'm only about halfway through updating to 2011, and I've just ordered 2011.5, which means back to the start of the list.

But it's a NICE problem to have.

Keith,

We are rowing in the same boat.

Later,
© PG Music Forums