PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD New songs by PSR - 02/06/09 01:13 AM
Hi all,

The band I’m in called Pumping Station Road has issued its first CD. It can be heard here.

It’s our first try so please give us any positive constructive criticism you can think of. The CD is very diverse in sounds so each suggestion should be aimed at one song.

Thanx all – MarioD
Posted By: Russell DeMussel Re: New songs by PSR - 02/06/09 02:14 AM
They're all great Mario. Only one I have a real issue with is the last one. Sounds like the voice might be distorted. Of course, my ears might be distorted too.

But other than that the mixes sound good.
Posted By: JEP Re: New songs by PSR - 02/06/09 02:44 PM
I thought the vox distortion on Sweet Rebecca sounded kinda cool! I've only listened to it through my headphones so far... That's the best track, IMHO.

- Jepster
Posted By: toucher Re: New songs by PSR - 02/06/09 08:11 PM
listening now, I'll get back to you when I've had a chance to hear it all.

toucher
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: New songs by PSR - 02/06/09 10:13 PM
Mario - wanna listen BUT I'll get back to you when get this danged DSL thingy working
Just can't do it on dial-up - streams 2 sec then downloads for 20 more.
Posted By: MarioD Re: New songs by PSR - 02/07/09 10:03 PM
Russ and Jepster, thanx for listening and your opinions.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: New songs by PSR - 02/08/09 01:39 AM
Nice work Mario, my favorite was Bondfire Boogie.

Congrats to you and Da Guys!
Posted By: swanman Re: New songs by PSR - 02/08/09 01:50 AM
Very nice, man. Liked the bondfire one the best.
Posted By: toucher Re: New songs by PSR - 02/08/09 02:36 AM
Hey Mario....

finally got a chance to give it a good listen. A great project, I think PSR has created their own idenity. Maybe my ears or speakers, but almost ever song seemed to have some noise in the lead vocal. Not as prevelant as the last one, and not quite distortion, more like crackle or wanting to clip, but not quite getting there. Might just be my speakers, they are gettin on in years like me.

My favorite song was Poor Patty. Who wrote that?...........A very well written song, and well performed. That one in my opinion is the best of the CD.

Just my opinion of course, like everyone else. And we all know that opinions are like (|)s, we all gottem and most people would prefer to not know what the other person's is like.

toucher
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: New songs by PSR - 02/08/09 03:52 AM
I thought it was a nice collection of songs, varied and all of them seemed pretty decent. Looks like you did all the percussion, keys and lead guitar -- cool. I only sampled each of the songs for about a minute or so.

The overall sound and mix I would put into the "rough demo" category, although "Poor Patty" was close to being CD quality. It needs to be remixed and mastered if you want to get a great cohesive sound. Only my opinion, of course.

Kevin
Posted By: Mel Maguire Re: New songs by PSR - 02/08/09 12:18 PM
Thought it was a good and diverse collection of songs. The ones which grabbed me most were Oh virginia, Chasing your dreams, sweet rebecca. I liked it a lot,
Posted By: MarioD Re: New songs by PSR - 02/09/09 02:37 PM
Thanx toucher for listening and the kind words.

I haven’t heard the vocal problem but I will investigate. This is a brand new experience for me, mixing other’s songs.

PSR member Steve wrote poor Patty. Unfortunately it is a true story about a young girl named Patty that lived on the streets from the age of 12.

Thanx again.
Posted By: MarioD Re: New songs by PSR - 02/09/09 02:42 PM
Thanx Kevin for listening and the constructive criticism.

You are right on about the rough demo comment. This really is a learning experience for me. I’ve never mixed anyone else’s songs before so I thought I’d upload these to get a baseline.

Yes, I did everything except the vocals, harp and acoustic rhythm guitar. That was also a challenge.

Thanx again.
Posted By: MarioD Re: New songs by PSR - 02/09/09 02:43 PM
Thanx Mel for the very kind words.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: New songs by PSR - 02/09/09 09:08 PM
Good work Mario, the backing tracks you build for the band to play over are very nice.
Posted By: The harpster Re: New songs by PSR - 02/10/09 12:47 AM
MarioD,
Thanks for the nice sounds...!
Walt
Posted By: MarioD Re: New songs by PSR - 02/11/09 01:38 AM
Thanx Rob and Walt for the very kind words.
© PG Music Forums