PG Music Home
Hi all,

I want to try to record a cover of Early Morning Rain, based on the version (at least the basic chords and tempo) performed by Peter Paul & Mary, found here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OCnHNk2Hac

The problem is, while I can sing (some have said, anyway) I am not too musically literate, or handy with BIAB. So what I'm looking for is someone to help me by creating a BIAB file with the chords already input, so that I could then try different RealTracks until I can get the backing track I'd like to sing over.

I could pay a modest (apx. $30 ) fee via paypal for your trouble.
Hi Lingyai

Why don't you just buy the midi file, then import the chords to biab... tempo and chords will be displayed, then you can tweak it i.e. realtracks or whatever.

link to the midi file http://www.soundsoft.de/midifile/en/Peter-Paul-Mary-Early-Morning-Rain.html

Hope this helps
Hi Lingyai
The MIDI file is probably a great solution. Remember that it will probably open on a single MIDI 0 track in BiaB (all channels combined). I think that Real Band will allow these to be separated though into individual channels. For Info.

Trev
Originally Posted By: lingyai
Hi all,

I want to try to record a cover of Early Morning Rain, based on the version (at least the basic chords and tempo) performed by Peter Paul & Mary, found here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OCnHNk2Hac

The problem is, while I can sing (some have said, anyway) I am not too musically literate, or handy with BIAB. So what I'm looking for is someone to help me by creating a BIAB file with the chords already input, so that I could then try different RealTracks until I can get the backing track I'd like to sing over.

I could pay a modest (apx. $30 ) fee via paypal for your trouble.

I ran the YouTube video you included above through the Audio Chord Wizard and this is the chord progression, Key signature and tempo it found.

Since they were playing live, the intro was actually different than the four bar but I just evened that out and did not include the beginning where they played through the audience clapping.

The tempo also varied a bit throughout and I just made the song at the average tempo the ACW found.

Description: Early Morning Rain BIAB chord sheet
Attached picture early morning rain.JPG
Charlie's chord sheet should do it but if not I will do it for you. I like that song and would like to perform it myself.
_Bramble.sty
Bramble Fast Folk with Brushes.
Probably have to speed it up some.

Regards,

Bob
Thanks very much everyone. Sorry to have broached the crass topic of money, but also didn't want to come across as a freeloader. Charlie, I'll try those chords out, and 90db, I'll try that style (I hope I have it -- my latest installed version is the 2014 Ultra-plus-pak, with 2015 still waiting to be installed.)

I didn't know that BIAB could discern chords from midi files, that's another nice tip.

Josie, you've got a great voice -- I've PM'd you.

Thanks again all! This is one of the friendliest forums I know of!
© PG Music Forums