PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD USB problem - 09/03/17 09:09 PM
My online Internet computer's Win 10 Pro updated a couple of days ago. Today I went to use my USB hub and it didn't work. I checked all of my USB ports and they didn't work. I went into the device manager and found out that the update turned on the power safer option in power management. I had them all turned off, i.e. unchecked prior to the update. Thus I had to uncheck that option in each of my USB hubs. This may have been an anomaly but I thought that I should pass this info on in case anyone else has an USB problem.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: USB problem - 09/03/17 09:12 PM
Excellent tip, Mario.
Could save a lot of grief for others (me included cry). Thanks!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: USB problem - 09/03/17 10:59 PM
Been there.

Great advice, Mario.

Why some Windows updates do not respect your choices for power profiles is beyond me. Very annoying.
Posted By: Garth Bird Re: USB problem - 09/04/17 06:22 AM
The last Windows update did this to me as well.
Took a while to figure out what to do.
Garth
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: USB problem - 09/04/17 09:29 AM
You PC folks have the patience of Job:)
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: USB problem - 09/04/17 09:31 AM
At least our old programs still run.
Posted By: MarioD Re: USB problem - 09/04/17 02:22 PM
I'm glad that the problem was not just limited to my system. But I'm also not glad that it happened to others either. Dam Windows 10 updates.
Posted By: lambada Re: USB problem - 09/04/17 09:46 PM
My Windows 10 started prompting at boot time which was annoying. Did I want to boot Windows 10 from the hard drive etc as I have an external USB Hard Drive as well as the internal one. Having seen this thread, I went into the BIOS menu last night and took off the automation and fixed it. I also took off the power saving on USBs/motherboard etc. I suspect a similar Windows 10 attempt to 'assist' me. :-) Hope it doesn't blow up....
Posted By: sslechta Re: USB problem - 09/05/17 12:32 PM
Haven't had a USB problem but I did see that it was turned on in Power Saver as you had indicated Mario. Thanks for the tip!
© PG Music Forums