PG Music Home
Posted By: Muzic Trax Auction sites. - 01/26/19 05:37 PM
Just read an article about where Amazon's (returned) merchandise are sent. At liquidation dot com, it appears they sell merchandise by the pallet full. The site shows pictures of the pallets/merchandise and has a manifest of the items listed on said pallets.

I was curious and typed in Yamaha to search their "consumer electronics" area of the site and 5-6 pallets worth of various sound equipment, midi keyboards, earphones etc popped up. The manifest listed the equipment retail worth around $3,000 and the current "bid" was for $320. The site is buyer-beware type.

If someone has an ebay business selling product(s), I could see where these auction sites could be a goldmine worth of "stuff."

Just thought I'd pass this along to those who may be interested in finding some gear. If it's sold at Amazon, I imagine the above site would be a good place to search for what you are looking for.

I have NOT purchased anything from their site, yet. They were mentioned by MSN Media, so I imagine they are 100% legit.

They have physical warehouse sites all across the USA as well. The shipping of a 200-300 lb pallet will be a chunk of change as well.

Trax
Posted By: KeithS Re: Auction sites. - 01/27/19 08:23 PM
It looks legit but I imagine the cost of shipping a full pallet of merchandise isn't cheap.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Auction sites. - 01/27/19 09:49 PM
Go to youtube and watch some unpacking videos and see how much of each palette is just junk. They have one or two items of value and then the rest is cables.
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Auction sites. - 01/28/19 12:54 AM
Like THIS actual unboxing?

Trax
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Auction sites. - 01/28/19 09:47 AM
Yep. Some of them are major horror stories. Some are kinda sorta okay. Not being into that whole buying and reselling on eBay game those deals don't interest me. I watched a few of them thinking I'd buy one but there were far too many that ended up being useless (to me) crap that I never did. Also a 10% defective item rate turned me away.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Auction sites. - 01/28/19 12:33 PM
Kinda like those TV shows that used to auction storage lockers.

Take a guess, make a bid and hope you didn't end up with trash.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Auction sites. - 01/28/19 12:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker

Those shows though, are faked. The producers "seed" the lockers so that day's "winner" makes a find.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Auction sites. - 01/28/19 04:23 PM
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker

Those shows though, are faked. The producers "seed" the lockers so that day's "winner" makes a find.

Or else they run a lot of tape through the cameras that gets trashed.

Reality TV..... isn't.
© PG Music Forums