PG Music Home
Posted By: MikeK Mack Sanders - Moonlight Shuffle - 11/21/09 03:59 PM
This is a BIAB Blues tune I came up with. Mack Sanders & I on guitar. Mack wrote and sang the lyrics.

Hope, you enjoy!

Moonlight Shuffle

Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Mack Sanders - Moonlight Shuffle - 11/21/09 04:57 PM
Mike,

This is some very good work. From lyric and music to solos and vocal I'd rank this as one of the best I've heard hear on the good ole forum. Very nice job indeed!

Later,
Posted By: DrDan Re: Mack Sanders - Moonlight Shuffle - 11/21/09 05:28 PM
Oh My, that was darn good! Love those minor blues.
Posted By: MikeK Re: Mack Sanders - Moonlight Shuffle - 11/21/09 09:34 PM
Quote:

Mike,

This is some very good work. From lyric and music to solos and vocal I'd rank this as one of the best I've heard hear on the good ole forum. Very nice job indeed!

Later,

WOW, thanks for that WONDERFUL comment, Danny!!! Appreciate it and will let Mack know!

Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: MikeK Re: Mack Sanders - Moonlight Shuffle - 11/21/09 09:35 PM
Quote:

Oh My, that was garn good! Love those minor blues.

Appreciate it very much! Only took 3 months (with breaks and other projects inbetween) to complete this one. Very happy you like it!

Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: JEP Re: Mack Sanders - Moonlight Shuffle - 11/21/09 10:31 PM
Add me to the row of congratulators - beautiful song! In addition to what's already said, I'd like to mention the clever way you make your way back into the verse at 2:50 (and 5:10). Cool stuff!

- Jepster
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: Mack Sanders - Moonlight Shuffle - 11/22/09 01:30 AM
Smooth blues singing and guitar playing. I enjoyed the listen. Sounded pro from beginning to end.

Kevin
Posted By: Tchairdjian Re: Mack Sanders - Moonlight Shuffle - 11/22/09 02:43 AM
It's awsome! I will buy it. Great tune & singing.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Mack Sanders - Moonlight Shuffle - 11/22/09 02:09 PM
OUTSTANDING

This is air play ready. Some of the best contemporary blues I've heard in a long time.
Posted By: MikeK Re: Mack Sanders - Moonlight Shuffle - 11/22/09 03:57 PM
Quote:

Add me to the row of congratulators - beautiful song! In addition to what's already said, I'd like to mention the clever way you make your way back into the verse at 2:50 (and 5:10). Cool stuff!

- Jepster

Thanks so much, Jepster. Goes to show you what you can do with BIAB and a little effort, doesn't it? Man, I am so happy that this song is so well received, I can't begin to describe it!!!

Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: MikeK Re: Mack Sanders - Moonlight Shuffle - 11/22/09 03:58 PM
Quote:

Smooth blues singing and guitar playing. I enjoyed the listen. Sounded pro from beginning to end.

Kevin

Thank you very much, Kevin!!! Means a lot to us!

Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: MikeK Re: Mack Sanders - Moonlight Shuffle - 11/22/09 03:58 PM
Quote:

It's awsome! I will buy it. Great tune & singing.

Appreciate that a LOT!!! Thank you so much!!!

Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: MikeK Re: Mack Sanders - Moonlight Shuffle - 11/22/09 04:00 PM
Quote:

OUTSTANDING

This is air play ready. Some of the best contemporary blues I've heard in a long time.

Mario, coming from you, this comment means a great deal to me. I will convey all of this to Mack. He really did the hard part, singing the tune but he pulled it off!

Couldn't be happier!

Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: Powderman Re: Mack Sanders - Moonlight Shuffle - 11/23/09 11:43 AM
Mike,

Oh my - WOW - smooth - awesome - superb - it has all been said.

Just a wonderful job.
Posted By: WienSam Re: Mack Sanders - Moonlight Shuffle - 11/23/09 01:56 PM
Congratulations - I like it
Posted By: mglinert Re: Mack Sanders - Moonlight Shuffle - 11/23/09 03:48 PM
Well pretty well everything has already been said on this one.

It’s quite simply outstanding. Beautifully crafted and played with a simple but hard-hitting lyric.

I particularly liked the major chord based bridge section. Clever!

Maybe the whole piece should be shorter, but I really can’t find anything else I would change.

Very hard to believe that there are 8 better blues songs than this on SC at the moment!

Respect!!
Posted By: MikeK Re: Mack Sanders - Moonlight Shuffle - 11/23/09 10:59 PM
Quote:

Mike,

Oh my - WOW - smooth - awesome - superb - it has all been said.

Just a wonderful job.

Thank you, Sir! It was a job! And a good one, we feel. Was worth the effort! Happy you like it

Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: MikeK Re: Mack Sanders - Moonlight Shuffle - 11/23/09 11:00 PM
Quote:

Congratulations - I like it

Vielen Dank, wir mögen es auch!

Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: MikeK Re: Mack Sanders - Moonlight Shuffle - 11/23/09 11:03 PM
Quote:

Well pretty well everything has already been said on this one.

It’s quite simply outstanding. Beautifully crafted and played with a simple but hard-hitting lyric.

I particularly liked the major chord based bridge section. Clever!

Maybe the whole piece should be shorter, but I really can’t find anything else I would change.

Very hard to believe that there are 8 better blues songs than this on SC at the moment!

Respect!!

Much appreciated! That bridge came to me out of the blue (funny, for a Blues, eh???) It's a fun tune, perhaps a bit long, but had to cram everything into those 6 + minutes we could. Could have been longer LOL!!!

Appreciate the respect! WOW, thanks!!!

Cheers,
Mike

(52 and still kickin' ... not much longer though).
Posted By: Curmudgeon Re: Mack Sanders - Moonlight Shuffle - 11/23/09 11:44 PM
Super everything. Sounds like I'm sitting under the speakers at the Monterey Blues Festival.

Don S.
Posted By: MikeK Re: Mack Sanders - Moonlight Shuffle - 11/24/09 12:04 AM
Quote:

Super everything. Sounds like I'm sitting under the speakers at the Monterey Blues Festival.

Don S.

Thanks so much, Don!!!! Every now and then, all of us just get that one where we say "Hell YEAH!!!"

I believe, this is one of those tunes.

BIAB, RT's RD's some real guitar and a great voice, what more can you ask for???

Thanks, Peter Gannon and the tireless folks behind the scenes for producing such great product!!!

Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: MikeK Re: Mack Sanders - Moonlight Shuffle - 12/01/09 01:40 AM
Ended up #1 on the Blues charts overall and the sub genre for general blues on Soundclick... wow!!!!!!!!! Thanks, all!!!

Cheers,
Mike
© PG Music Forums