PG Music Home
Posted By: rayc Daneel's Lament Misha with ray MASTER & Video - 10/14/23 02:17 AM
Thank you to all who commented and suggested regarding the song. All suggestions were tested and some implemented.
The song has been mastered and a simple video cobbled together.
With regard to the vodeo content - particularly the very confronting WWI "shell Shock" victims stuff at the beginning - these refer to the intent of the Asimov's Zero or Zeroth Law of Robotics as supposedly devloped by R. Olivaw & R. Reventlov. Very Big Brother BUT with a different intent, (as is all autocracy to begin with).
"The Zeroth Law of Robotics , the most important Law for Giskardian robots, was phrased multiple ways:
'A robot may not harm humanity, or, through inaction, allow humanity to come to harm.'

[video:youtube]be/T77NHP4u68I[/video]
rayc,

I watched this video first, but it was so surreal and I was so distracted by the screen that the music didn't really enter my mind.
So I started listening to the music again on SoundCloud.
That's when I finally understood the shape of the music.
As usual, the work you create is quite unique and very cool.
And Misha's touch added to this makes it even more unique.
The lyrics are quite difficult to understand, even with Google Translate, but I thought they fit the song perfectly.
I enjoyed your work so much again today.
Sometimes it's good to listen to the works like this.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Gentlemen put a finished label on this one!
I really liked everything about this one.
The vocals, video, backing band, sound effects, and mix were spot on.
It must have been very difficult to mix this one.
Originally Posted by animarorecords
rayc,
I watched this video first, but it was so surreal and I was so distracted by the screen that the music didn't really enter my mind.
So I started listening to the music again on SoundCloud.
That's when I finally understood the shape of the music.
As usual, the work you create is quite unique and very cool.
And Misha's touch added to this makes it even more unique.
The lyrics are quite difficult to understand, even with Google Translate, but I thought they fit the song perfectly.
I enjoyed your work so much again today.
Sometimes it's good to listen to the works like this.
Best Regards.
Shigeki Adachi

Thank you Shigeki,
The lyrics are, for the most part, paraphrases of Asimov's character R. Daneel Olivaw.
Yes, Misha makes this work - his melody, vocals & synths are fabulous.
Originally Posted by MarioD
Gentlemen put a finished label on this one!
I really liked everything about this one.
The vocals, video, backing band, sound effects, and mix were spot on.
It must have been very difficult to mix this one.
Thanks Mario.
The mix worked out to be reasonably easy once I admitted the vocals needed to be reasonably comprehensible and after Misha gave me a clue about the synths.
WOW. This song has really developed from really good to quite outstanding. You two guys are big favorites of mne. Each of you is so unique, that it's got to be scary good when you get together to create music. This song proves thtq point for sure. I always enjoy your creative videos, but i'm Shigeki here. The video is really so captivating, but I recommend listening on headphones with eyes closed. Love it, Misha & Ray. One nit: you know how the ending keeps going like a bunny pounding a drum? Well, I waited for a fade, but the battery ran out rather abruptly.
Wow! Such a great listen AND watch. Enjoyed all the many SciFi references AND the credits at the end. REALLY nice!
Yeah, this works! Sounds much better I think. Nicely done Ray and Misha!

Nice to see Asimov's law of robotics in your video BTW, I was a big Asimov fan back in the day and read all those books.
Hi Ray and Misha.

[Linked Image from dl.dropboxusercontent.com]

This is extraordinary. The sound is immense and the presentation is epic! I have no idea how you go about creating something as magnificent sounding as this. The end result, though, is brilliant.

Kudos to you both. Just like Professor Azimov's books, this is a truly legendary journey.
--Noel
Ray / Misha,

The mastered song sounds great and the video is awesome!

Bob
PERFECTION.
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
WOW. This song has really developed from really good to quite outstanding. You two guys are big favorites of mne. Each of you is so unique, that it's got to be scary good when you get together to create music. This song proves thtq point for sure. I always enjoy your creative videos, but i'm Shigeki here. The video is really so captivating, but I recommend listening on headphones with eyes closed. Love it, Misha & Ray. One nit: you know how the ending keeps going like a bunny pounding a drum? Well, I waited for a fade, but the battery ran out rather abruptly.
Thanks Marty.
It started with moving a D shape up n down the fretboard. Easy thing to do and sometimes it throws up interesting things.
The song became bogged down after a while and Misha's collaboration brought it back fresh & improved. Both he & I were inclined to robotocized vocals but we bowed to the ears & wisdom of others pulling that back somewhat.
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Wow! Such a great listen AND watch. Enjoyed all the many SciFi references AND the credits at the end. REALLY nice!
Thanks DC,
I know the sci fi reference range is limited but packed in nevertheless.
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Yeah, this works! Sounds much better I think. Nicely done Ray and Misha!

Nice to see Asimov's law of robotics in your video BTW, I was a big Asimov fan back in the day and read all those books.
Thanks Dave,
I'm still a fan & reread his books every now & then.
After writing this one I re read The Naked sun.
Originally Posted by Noel96
Hi Ray and Misha.
[Linked Image from dl.dropboxusercontent.com]
This is extraordinary. The sound is immense and the presentation is epic! I have no idea how you go about creating something as magnificent sounding as this. The end result, though, is brilliant.
Kudos to you both. Just like Professor Azimov's books, this is a truly legendary journey.
--Noel
Thanks Noel,
The magnificence you refer to would be the cape Misha place around the shoulders of a skeleton song.
Originally Posted by rsdean
Ray / Misha,
The mastered song sounds great and the video is awesome!
Bob
Thanks Bob,
I hope my visual references to humanity's self harm weren't too unpleasant.
Originally Posted by floyd jane
PERFECTION.
Thank you fj,
I'm humbled.
Wow! We already loved the song but with the addition of the video it really is stunning.

As the video progressed we both were trying to remember which of the old movies we had seen.
It is way more than “cobbled together” and you have done a great job!

Fran’s mastering is ace.

Loved it!

J&B

PS: We’ve read all the sci-fi classics and a lot of the more modern takes but have been thinking about having another go at the classics.
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
Wow! We already loved the song but with the addition of the video it really is stunning.
As the video progressed we both were trying to remember which of the old movies we had seen.
It is way more than “cobbled together” and you have done a great job!
Fran’s mastering is ace.
Loved it!
J&B
PS: We’ve read all the sci-fi classics and a lot of the more modern takes but have been thinking about having another go at the classics.
Thank you Janice & Bud,
You're very kind.
Having written and finished this song I reread The Naked Sun. A quick read but well worth the effort. The only problem with rereading is reinterpreting. Asimov, while a futirist, was a "man of his time" in many ways.
I still loved it.
I think I already mentioned how much I like this song. I enjoyed hearing it again.

You must spend countless hours compiling and sifting through video clips for your video. I saw a quick image of Keanu Reeves. Was that Johnny Mnemonic?
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
I think I already mentioned how much I like this song. I enjoyed hearing it again.
You must spend countless hours compiling and sifting through video clips for your video. I saw a quick image of Keanu Reeves. Was that Johnny Mnemonic?
Thank you sir.
A couple of hours of sifting and rabbit holes much it was pretty easy really - and fun. The Prelinger Archive is a great place.
Yes, Keanu as Johnny seeing as it was about backups, robots and he was a quasi bot in that flick. Not a great flick but a great story. My wife's an huge KR fan though not of the movie - I'm the opposite.
Really cool song. Excellent collaboration. The changes in dynamics of the song were really cool. The video was really well done as well..
Ray, Misha

Very much enjoyed that. top notch song. Good to see Gigantor in there.

Peter
Cool sound! I don't recall the original version of the song, so it's all new to me.

It's been far too long since I've read Asimov, and I think I only got about halfway through Caves of Steel. I wondered what Peter Cushing was in from those old clips, now I know! smile
Ray and Misha,

There's so much to absorb with the video content it's almost overwhelming and easy to miss the absolutely fantastic musical production backing it all up! This is like an undiscovered psychedelic gem from the late 60's. The build up of sound in the first minute of the track was masterful (and time consuming I'm sure) work! Collaborating with Misha on this was a great choice! I sat back and appreciated for a few moments here enjoying this fine work!

Thanks, T
© PG Music Forums