I deleted the Strings, Guitar, and Drums
Drums - from BiaB style - Hip Hop 2 - various Steven Slate's SSD-5 drums
Bass - UVI WorkStation - preset Music M3 Long
Piano - Keys of the 70's - preset - Stage Mark 73 full
Me - Via my keyboard controller - Arturia B3
Me - Via my wind controller - Swam flute
Me - My Xaviere Pro 900 guitar through Amplitube 5
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Funky Little Drummer - 10/18/23 08:40 PM
Fun tune! Your guitar solo is tastefully played and I like the tone your got out of your Xaviere and Amplitube. Wind controller!? Now that IS a lot of fun.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Funky Little Drummer - 10/19/23 10:59 AM
Nice little jam, Mario, I especially liked your guitar work, great tone and note choice. Nice!
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: Funky Little Drummer - 10/19/23 01:18 PM
Hi Mario,

no idea what the combination "smooth jazz - hip hop" should sound like, but your song has a fantastic groove.
Love the vibe!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Funky Little Drummer - 10/19/23 02:32 PM
Nice.
Flute and organ sound good.
Funky.
Good mix.
fj
Posted By: dcuny Re: Funky Little Drummer - 10/20/23 01:22 AM
Sounds like you're having funky fun jamming along with yourself. smile
Posted By: rsdean Re: Funky Little Drummer - 10/20/23 09:34 AM
Mario,

Sounds great - love the mix.

The flute sounds awesome!

Bob
Posted By: tommyad Re: Funky Little Drummer - 10/20/23 10:49 AM
Mario, good jam! The mix sounds good. That’s a fun groove, Tom
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Funky Little Drummer - 10/20/23 02:35 PM
Saw this title and immediately thought of the Godfather Of Soul. Give the funky drummer some. Good call, Mario. Excellent timing with the controller. Ooo, there's magic when you come in with the guitar. Sweet treat.
Posted By: WaoBand Re: Funky Little Drummer - 10/20/23 06:18 PM
Nice arrangement again. smile
Posted By: vicarn Re: Funky Little Drummer - 10/20/23 08:36 PM
There are some good sounds in there, Mario.
Like B.D. Thomas though, I've no idea what the combination should sound like.
Love that flute.

Vic
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Funky Little Drummer - 10/20/23 08:40 PM
Glad it leaned more toward funk than hop smile

That flute is very special ... an instrument we like and presented so well by you and your controller skills.

Guitar fits right in with the band and all is wrapped in a mix that sounded excellent on the monitors.

Enjoyed it.

J&B
Posted By: MarioD Re: Funky Little Drummer - 10/21/23 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Fun tune! Your guitar solo is tastefully played and I like the tone your got out of your Xaviere and Amplitube. Wind controller!? Now that IS a lot of fun.

Thanx DC Ron. I appreciate that guitar remark and yes you can get just about any tone out of Amplitube and a decent guitar. even my inexpensive guitars.

Wind controller fun? Ya maybe but they can be a lot of work also, been there - done that.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Funky Little Drummer - 10/21/23 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Nice little jam, Mario, I especially liked your guitar work, great tone and note choice. Nice!

Thanx Dave for that guitar comment. It means a lot to me especially from such a pro as yourself.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Funky Little Drummer - 10/21/23 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
Hi Mario,

no idea what the combination "smooth jazz - hip hop" should sound like, but your song has a fantastic groove.
Love the vibe!

Thanx so much. I do like to mess around with various genres. BiaB makes that very easy!

Originally Posted by floyd jane
Nice.
Flute and organ sound good.
Funky.
Good mix.
fj

Thanx so much Floyd. I do love the B3 and flute sounds. My favorite players are Jimmy Smith (B3) and Herbie Mann (flute).
Posted By: MarioD Re: Funky Little Drummer - 10/21/23 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by dcuny
Sounds like you're having funky fun jamming along with yourself. smile

Thanx David to taking the time to listen and comment on this jam. I do have fun playing my instruments.

Originally Posted by rsdean
Mario,

Sounds great - love the mix.

The flute sounds awesome!

Bob

Thanx Bob. Those Swam flutes sure sound good.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Funky Little Drummer - 10/21/23 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by tommyad
Mario, good jam! The mix sounds good. That’s a fun groove, Tom

Thanx so much Tom.

Originally Posted by BabuMusic
Saw this title and immediately thought of the Godfather Of Soul. Give the funky drummer some. Good call, Mario. Excellent timing with the controller. Ooo, there's magic when you come in with the guitar. Sweet treat.

Thanx for much. Timing is not a big problem for me but hitting the correct notes can be! Thanx so much for that guitar comment.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Funky Little Drummer - 10/21/23 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by WaoBand
Nice arrangement again. smile

Thanx so much.

Originally Posted by vicarn
There are some good sounds in there, Mario.
Like B.D. Thomas though, I've no idea what the combination should sound like.
Love that flute.

Vic

I'm glad that you liked this one Vic. I didn't have any idea what that combination would sound like either until I got into it. BiaB makes exploring and/or combining genres very easy.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Funky Little Drummer - 10/21/23 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
Glad it leaned more toward funk than hop smile

That flute is very special ... an instrument we like and presented so well by you and your controller skills.

Guitar fits right in with the band and all is wrapped in a mix that sounded excellent on the monitors.

Enjoyed it.

J&B

Thanx Janice and Bud. My controller skills sometimes leads to a lot of MIDI corrections, but I think I am getting better at playing the controller. However the teaching this old dog does take a lot of training and time blush
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Funky Little Drummer - 10/21/23 12:47 PM
Hi Mario.

Wow! Funky indeed! It's not often that we hear that classic electronic organ sound these days. It made me feel a bit nostalgic.

I love the groove, the chord progression and the melodic improvisations. Excellent!

--Noel
Posted By: MarioD Re: Funky Little Drummer - 10/21/23 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Noel96
Hi Mario.

Wow! Funky indeed! It's not often that we hear that classic electronic organ sound these days. It made me feel a bit nostalgic.

I love the groove, the chord progression and the melodic improvisations. Excellent!

--Noel

Thanx so much Noel, I'm glad that you liked it.

I really like that B3 sound and in fact in the late 60's I was in a trio with a drummer and a B3 player. I miss those days!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Funky Little Drummer - 10/21/23 04:06 PM
Mario,
fun loose jam. Really good sounding flute and organ. Cool drummer programming. Clean mix & sounds live. Thank you for sharing.
Misha.
Posted By: firesong Re: Funky Little Drummer - 10/21/23 04:18 PM
Hey Mario...I don't know what it was but as I was listening something sounded a little 'funky'....not your normal fare BUT being eclectic seems to be part of your package...I always enjoy your creations!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Funky Little Drummer - 10/21/23 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Rustyspoon#
Mario,
fun loose jam. Really good sounding flute and organ. Cool drummer programming. Clean mix & sounds live. Thank you for sharing.
Misha.

Thanx Misha. I really like the B3 sound, plus it goes with any other instrument.

Originally Posted by firesong
Hey Mario...I don't know what it was but as I was listening something sounded a little 'funky'....not your normal fare BUT being eclectic seems to be part of your package...I always enjoy your creations!

Thanx Dan. After playing in wedding bands for years I was exposed to many different genres, none of which I mastered.
© PG Music Forums