PG Music Home
Posted By: Blues1952 Wife Of PWP - 10/20/23 11:57 AM

This is a pretty simple tune. It’s a basic jazz blues progression but I substituted a major 7th in the one position.

I used BIAB real tracks Jazz Ballad style but replace all of the tracks with other real tracks to fit the mood.
I then opened it in Studio One and massaged it.
And finally imported it to GarageBand and mastered it with Isotope Ozone 10 with a custom preset.

PWP stands for person with Parkinson’s. I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s in 2021. Playing guitar and recording songs is therapy for me.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Wife Of PWP - 10/20/23 02:29 PM
Good for you mate. Keep on picken.

In the mean time soften that horn a bit...
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Wife Of PWP - 10/20/23 02:29 PM
Love it, David. Excellent blues in a lovely lilting way. Terrific playing. I'm getting carried away on your YT channel and must return for more. Take care. That Yamaha silent guitar in chapter 3 is really cool. Some excellent playing, sir.
Posted By: WaoBand Re: Wife Of PWP - 10/20/23 06:16 PM
Lovely. smile
Posted By: MarioD Re: Wife Of PWP - 10/20/23 11:58 PM
Yes, keep on pickin' and grinnin' and postin'.

Those are some very outstanding chops.

Great song, however I would lower the sax's volume a tad.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Wife Of PWP - 10/21/23 05:38 AM
I agree with the other posters - turn that sax down a notch, your guitar is the star here!

Nice playing, thanks for posting! smile
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Wife Of PWP - 10/21/23 10:15 AM
Lovely tune and tastefully played. Creating music can be therapeutic on so many, many levels...
Posted By: Blues1952 Re: Wife Of PWP - 10/21/23 11:27 AM
Thank you all, I really appreciate your comments. I never played nylon string guitar before. I bought this one for $150 and just opened up my mind to new ideas.
Parkinson’s is a pretty miserable disease. I was diagnosed in 2021 but I’m pretty sure the true onset was 2017. As the disease progresses you develop new symptoms - completely random. But, so far, there’s always been a solution either meds, physical therapy or changes in certain activities. Music is a big part of my therapy.
Posted By: Blues1952 Re: Wife Of PWP - 10/21/23 02:06 PM
As to the sax being too loud. I agree. I did another version for an album I was thinking of making. I kind of gave up on it but it’s available on SoundCloud. The soprano sax is mixed properly.
https://on.soundcloud.com/kWA4R1xV7uWUQtwE9
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Wife Of PWP - 10/28/23 03:47 PM
We listened to both the YouTube and SoundCloud versions and enjoyed both.
Your playing is very good and the RT’s you chose as accompaniment fit perfectly.

Music is good therapy for so many situations.
We hope it continues to bring you joy as your music brings joy to us!

J&B
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Wife Of PWP - 10/28/23 05:33 PM
Man that was some great tone on the acoustic. The song was pleasant to listen too.
Posted By: rayc Re: Wife Of PWP - 10/29/23 10:40 AM
I listened to both. The level for your picking is better in the video. The sax could go from my perspective. Your picking/playing was more entertaining and in the groove that the RT.
A question if I may...why export to Garageband to master?
© PG Music Forums