PG Music Home
Posted By: firesong Deeper... - 01/03/24 05:32 PM
Happy New Year to all...I thought I'd begin 2024 with a Praise and Worship offering...I appreciate all who listen and welcome your thoughts...Dan

Deeper...
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12815511

Key=F# , Tempo 100, Length (m:s)=4:16
Style is _CMPFMDF.STY (Campfire, Medium Fingerpicking)
RealTracks in song: 366:Bass, Electric, Country Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 691:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming AcRockBright Ev 120
RealTracks in style: ~365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
RealTracks in song: ~365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 511:Guitar, Electric, Soloist Dire Ev 140

I added: vocals, piano and percussion
Posted By: rsdean Re: Deeper... - 01/03/24 06:50 PM
Dan,

That's a beautiful song. So well sung, as always.

Love your choice of tracks and a big spacious mix. Great piano also.

Bob
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Deeper... - 01/03/24 08:10 PM
Nice way to start off the near year. Something tells me we're going to need his presence this coming year.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Deeper... - 01/03/24 09:20 PM
Dan,

A beautiful song.

Well written. Both the lyric and the melody are solid.

Gorgeous vocals. And BGVs

Nice piano!

A good mix.

fj
Posted By: dcuny Re: Deeper... - 01/04/24 06:14 AM
Hi, Dan.

As usual, excellent work.

Good write - the repeated rhymes in the beginning hook at the start of the verse, and provide a contrast to the verse's cadence. The repetition of the chorus is also very effective.

Nice build. I expected the snare to be centered, and it's off to the side. Not bad, just different. I like the changes in the feel as the song progresses - the song is cohesive, but keeps interest throughout.

And, of course, well sung.

I enjoyed listening! smile
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Deeper... - 01/04/24 10:08 AM
Not the first one to say it, but....wow, what a beautiful song! Love the arrangement and mix, too. Your vocals are so, SO very strong (FWIW, I would be tempted to dial the reverb back so they can stand out more clearly). Love your BGVs as well. In fact, love everything about this, well, except for the key signature. Ha! Really enjoy your tracks, thanks for posting!
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Deeper... - 01/04/24 02:39 PM
Hey, I just had a great idea. I always seem to have to interrupt my listening of your songs just to type the obvious. Henceforth when I write "Hi, Dan" you'll know I mean "WOW! Extraordinary vocals and such a strong presentation. Exceedingly inspirational both spiritually and musically (as if there's a difference). Lyrics from the heart and soul sung with such a heavenly gifted voice." This will give me more time for listening --and I like how your Soundclick account keeps 'em playing.

Hi, Dan.
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: Deeper... - 01/04/24 08:17 PM
What a beautiful melody ... I think this is my new favorite song of yours.
Well produced, and as always, your vocals are the best part!
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: Deeper... - 01/04/24 09:58 PM
Man, I've been away to long Dan. Great stuff! It's a long song, but keeps you interested throughout - and if anyone had a problem with it (which I don't) it could easily be shortened. I really, really like that melody and your production is fantastic. You've got a great voice, but man I do love your writing!
Posted By: Al-David Re: Deeper... - 01/04/24 11:34 PM
Hi Dan,

Beautifully conceived, arranged, and delivered.. As always, your voice is just so danged good. Nice band you put together - hope you're paying them well! I also liker songs that build as they progress, so extra points for that.

I did think the brief guitar lead riff could have been a touch louder.

As always, a new lesson in musical expertise.

Wishing you the very best.

Alan
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: Deeper... - 01/05/24 05:54 PM
Dan, I've said it before and it definitely holds true in "Deeper" as well...you are a master of the intensity build as the song progresses. Beautiful 'bridge' and instrumental leading to the last chorus. You truly have a God-given talent and you're not wasting it, my friend.
Posted By: firesong Re: Deeper... - 01/05/24 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Brad Williams
Man, I've been away to long Dan. Great stuff! It's a long song, but keeps you interested throughout - and if anyone had a problem with it (which I don't) it could easily be shortened. I really, really like that melody and your production is fantastic. You've got a great voice, but man I do love your writing!

Thanks Brad...I've been missing you around here...I hope all is well and looking forward to hearing some of your songs again...Dan
Posted By: vicarn Re: Deeper... - 01/05/24 08:37 PM
Great production and vocal again.
Well done.

Vic
Posted By: MarioD Re: Deeper... - 01/05/24 11:54 PM
My thoughts are you are one of the best gospel musicians on the planet.
The arrangement is outstanding, as are your vocal and lyrics.
I wish those that need to know the Lord the most would find him!
Loved your song.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Deeper... - 01/06/24 11:30 AM
Hi Dan,

Top notch track as per usual!

Loved the vocal and BGVs, and you are so good at building intensity and the track progresses.

Enjoyed!
Posted By: tommyad Re: Deeper... - 01/06/24 03:52 PM
Dan, this is very well written and delivered with heartfelt vocals. Beautifully melody supported with perfect backing. I enjoyed it,Tom
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Deeper... - 01/06/24 06:20 PM
Hi Dan
That's an excellent song
A great selection of instruments that blend into an incredibly beautiful background track - WOW !
And to top that you have to be able to sing as fantastic as you do !!!
An outstanding song experience, Dan.
Thanks for sharing
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: firesong Re: Deeper... - 01/08/24 02:25 AM
Thanks everyone for the great comments...Dan
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Deeper... - 01/08/24 02:08 PM
Hey,

This is really good Dan.

All of your songs are so peaceful inspiring and uplifting.

A great way to start the day!

Thank you for posting this!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Deeper... - 01/11/24 02:34 PM
That’s a lovely song and Janice said it made her think of the peaceful feeling from a church song she always enjoyed called “Sweet, Sweet Spirit.”

As always, the vocals are beautiful and your instrumental performances mesh so well with the BiaB guys.

Happy New Year!

J&B
Posted By: firesong Re: Deeper... - 01/11/24 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
That’s a lovely song and Janice said it made her think of the peaceful feeling from a church song she always enjoyed called “Sweet, Sweet Spirit.”

As always, the vocals are beautiful and your instrumental performances mesh so well with the BiaB guys.

Happy New Year!

J&B
J&B...thanks for your comments and so glad you liked it...I know and have sung "Sweet Sweet Spirit" many times in church and in concerts through the years...Dan
Posted By: Scott C Re: Deeper... - 01/11/24 11:53 PM
Happy New Year Dan. Loved the delicate intro and the energy lift when the band kicked in. As always awesome vocal and loved the message in the lyrics. Well done
© PG Music Forums