PG Music Home
Posted By: firesong Feed the Fire - 02/06/24 05:29 PM
Going back to my Kentucky roots...(the birthplace of bluegrass music)...so...if you decide to...thanks for listening...I appreciate it...y'all...Dan

Feed the Fire
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13577077

Key=F , Tempo 128, Length (m:s)=4:50
Style is _BGSHAKR.STY (Bluegrass w/ Shaker)

RealTracks in style: ~427:Bass, Acoustic, Bluegrass Ev 130
RealTracks in style: ~432:Mandolin, Rhythm Bluegrass Ev 130
RealTracks in style: ~426:Banjo, Bluegrass Ev 130 (Rhythm)
RealTracks in song: ~522:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 120
RealTracks in style: ~428:Fiddle, Rhythm Bluegrass Ev 130
RealTracks in song: 601:Fiddle, Soloist Train Ev 130
RealTracks in song: 1329:Medley [8 bars] Guit, Mandolin, Banjo, Fiddle,

I added: Vocals
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: Feed the Fire - 02/06/24 07:17 PM
I like your song despite the Banjo grin, your beautiful vocals more than make up for it.
It has a nice, uplifting vibe and I was in a much better mood after listening to it.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Feed the Fire - 02/06/24 07:35 PM
Dan,
You got an amazing voice! Well composed and produced tune. Thank you for sharing.
Misha.
Posted By: Sören Ahlbäck Re: Feed the Fire - 02/06/24 07:38 PM
Nice song, singing and BIAB work!
Posted By: firesong Re: Feed the Fire - 02/06/24 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
I like your song despite the Banjo grin, your beautiful vocals more than make up for it.
It has a nice, uplifting vibe and I was in a much better mood after listening to it.
Brian...before we're done you're gonna love that BANJO pickin' grin...thanks for listening even though...Dan
Posted By: rsdean Re: Feed the Fire - 02/06/24 08:43 PM
Dan,

That's an awesome song and mix. Your vocals are an absolute STANDOUT! Wow, can you sing.

Loved it!

Bob
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Feed the Fire - 02/06/24 09:12 PM
Dan, super arrangement! Love all the little ways you mixed it up, especially in the 2nd half. The BiaB bluegrass RTs generally sound great to my (non-bluegrass) ears, and you've placed/mixed them to great effect here. I'd gush about your fabulous vocals and vocal arrangement (again) but since so many others have beat me to it, I'll just say I enjoyed this tune immensely, even though five minute P&W songs aren't in my sweet spot. Thanks for posting!
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: Feed the Fire - 02/07/24 12:28 AM
As always Dan, I love it! I've enjoyed all the bluegrass coming out on the forum lately, and this one is just fantastic. I don't know many people could sing the words "low down, dirty liar" and make it sound so dadgum good! Way to go, keep 'em comin'!

Brad
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Feed the Fire - 02/07/24 03:26 PM
Dan,

Beautiful.
Nice use of the BIAB Bluegrass RTs (they are all so good!)
Gorgeous vocals.
Mix is good. (the solos - both mandolin and banjo could have been a bit louder...)

fj
Posted By: firesong Re: Feed the Fire - 02/07/24 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Dan,

Beautiful.
Nice use of the BIAB Bluegrass RTs (they are all so good!)
Gorgeous vocals.
Mix is good. (the solos - both mandolin and banjo could have been a bit louder...)

fj
Floyd...thanks for your thoughts...I went back and upped the volume on the mandolin and banjo solos a bit...a real improvement...thanks for your note...Dan
Posted By: MarioD Re: Feed the Fire - 02/08/24 12:26 AM
Dan, another winner, this time in bluegrass!
It doesn't what genre you sing in you always make ti better.
Great vocal, lyrics, backing tracks, and mix.
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Feed the Fire - 02/08/24 03:49 AM
Very nicely done! Love the chord structure as well.

Trax
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Feed the Fire - 02/08/24 02:36 PM
Love that band!! A fun sound, and your lyrics really add to the uplifting feel, Dan. You create so well in every genre, but you were born in Bluegrass --the happiest music.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Feed the Fire - 02/08/24 02:59 PM
Dan,

It's a beautiful Gospel/Bluegrass tune!
I know a lot of folks that would love this! You will surely get a lot of positive reaction on Facebook with this!
The modulation/middle eight section was very effective! as well as the fiddle/mandolin solo!
Great vocal work as always....you do the BEST harmony work on the forum IMO!!

Thanks, and take care, TB
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: Feed the Fire - 02/08/24 05:24 PM
I'm a HUGE bluegrass fan, Daniel, and I recently wrote and recorded one of my own. The lyrics and how they're metered/phrased in the chorus and verses are really well done! Of course, your vocals and message are always top-notch. The bluegrass instruments are amazing in BIAB and you did a great job integrating them into your song.

Na zdrowie!

Dewey
Posted By: firesong Re: Feed the Fire - 02/08/24 07:54 PM
My thanks to everyone who has commented...I realize that "gospel music" is not everyone's cup-o-tea but the unique thing about it is that it can cross every genre of music and still be relevant in delivering it's message...it fits very well in bluegrass and other forms because many of them were born out of gospel music and the church (bluegrass, rock, R&B, soul, etc)...I sincerely appreciate those of you who share your comments...Dewey, Torrey, Marty, Trax, Mario, Floyd, Brad, Ron, Bob, Soren, Misha and Brian...thanks so much...Dan
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Feed the Fire - 02/10/24 01:02 PM
Hi Dan,

Like the others said, a very nice voice and -of course- very good vocals!
The melody is a bit 'classic', but exactly in your style. The vocals come out beautifully!
The banjo and fiddles make the song sounding cheerful and that is nice.
But..., for me, those instruments also dominate the song a bit to much.
As I said 'for me'. I would have saved them for the chorus.
And together with you, the woman who sang in one of your songs (forgot her name) could provide an extra dynamic. But that's just a thought that occurred.
Because there is nothing to criticize about your singing.

Hans
Posted By: vicarn Re: Feed the Fire - 02/10/24 01:14 PM
Dan. Excellent arrangement and vocal.
I think you could increase the vocal vol a tad to make it prouder and take the banjo down a tad as I think it's a little too dominant.
Good one.

Vic
Posted By: tommyad Re: Feed the Fire - 02/10/24 01:25 PM
Dan, I have said many times before that the Bluegrass tracks are some of the best that BIAB has to offer. That combined with your outstanding vocals is a pairing destined for great results. Very well done, Tom
Posted By: Scott C Re: Feed the Fire - 02/11/24 11:02 PM
Boy nice changeup Dan. That banjo, fiddle and backtrack were first class. And as always and awesome vocal, harmony and lyric. Well done..
Posted By: PeterF Re: Feed the Fire - 02/11/24 11:30 PM
Dan

Nicely done with standout vocals.
Enjoyed it.

Peter
Posted By: firesong Re: Feed the Fire - 02/12/24 05:39 PM
Hans, Vic, Tommy, Scott and Peter....thanks for the comments...I always enjoy reading them and your thoughts concerning the music...Dan
Posted By: dcuny Re: Feed the Fire - 02/13/24 04:24 AM
Hi, Dan.

I'm late to this train, and Brain already got first bat to the banjo joke. cry

So there's nothing left to write, other than how nice the arrangement is, how catchy the melody is, how smooth your vocals are, and how rich the harmonies are.

The banjo gives lovely propulsion to the song, the fiddle sound great here, and even the mandolin gets some lovely bits in when it's not playing chops.

Can you tell I enjoyed this a lot? wink
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Feed the Fire - 02/13/24 03:06 PM
We were transported back to the Sunday morning gospel shows at bluegrass festivals back in the day.
We played many a BG gospel song at them and other venues.

So thank you, Dan.

Everything sounds great and so smooth (even the banjo.)😊 Those harmonies shine.

Enjoyed it!

J&B
© PG Music Forums