PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Hold My Beer - 03/12/24 08:15 PM
Hold Me Beer

After my very dark piece I thought I should lighten it up a little. Thus this song about beer drinking buddies on vacation.

PS, I know that my weak point is singing and singing effects so any suggestions you can offer would be gratefully appreciated.

BiaB Style - Motor Town Classic RnB Off-Road
(OMG his is using RTs!)

The lyrics are on Soundcloud.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Hold My Beer - 03/12/24 08:37 PM
Mario,

This is AWESOME! You have some serious swing & swagger going on here!

Love your vocal - the best I have heard from you. The lyrics, arrangement and mix all work perfectly.

Love it!

Bob
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Hold My Beer - 03/12/24 08:41 PM
It's fun Mario.

You sure are cranking them out!!

smile
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Hold My Beer - 03/13/24 09:37 AM
Mario, sounds like you were almost having as much fun recording this as I was having listening! Super barrel house tune. Your RTs(!) sound great and are nicely mixed. I think your vocals are quite strong and entirely suitable to the genre. If you're looking for constructive suggestions on the vocal FX, my impression is that the FX mask the clarity of your vocals more than they might. So you might try dialing your vocal FX chain back, substituting a slap-back delay, or experimenting with a longer pre-delay on your reverb. But as I've said before, I won't enjoy this song more if you do that. Ha! Nice one, Mario!
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: Hold My Beer - 03/13/24 01:56 PM
A bunch of buddies on a mountain weekend getaway and well-supplied with liquid refreshments.
Brings back memories from highschool smile
This was fun, good job.
Posted By: jannesan Re: Hold My Beer - 03/13/24 05:06 PM
This is pure fun, nice to hear after your darker and slower ones smile I can imagine how you got the idea for this song, you said "Hold my beer" and started playing smile Very cinematic story, I would like to see a video, because it would be easy to make, although quite costy because of all the beer and damage caused to the vehicles wink

Catchy chorus, I can't get it out of my head now. No problem with your singing, fits perfectly to the mood. That guitar solo is cleverly in harmony with the message.

Janne
Posted By: Al-David Re: Hold My Beer - 03/14/24 07:24 AM
Mario,

Good to hear ya sing89ng one. I don't think the vocal needs anything - it's fine as is.

Good selection of backing tracks. That bass line is great! I'm just bopping along with the song - enjoying every bit of it! Cool song. Hope the beer was cold!

Take care,

Alan
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Hold My Beer - 03/14/24 11:46 AM
Great idea for a song, Mario. I've heard this saying so many times, and you're right, it usually precedes a memorable event --that is if ya lve through it. Your vocal is a stronger part than you seem to realize. I think it should be more out in front and wider. Do you duplicate the track?
Posted By: tommyad Re: Hold My Beer - 03/14/24 12:17 PM
Mario, I’ve said this before. You should definitely sing more. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your vocals. The lyrics are fun and I look forward to more of them. I’ve been told many times that I couldn’t sing. It took me many years to realize I don’t give a ####! The older you get the easier it rolls off your back. Great job, Tom
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Hold My Beer - 03/14/24 02:17 PM
"all great adventures start with
hold my beer"

Great line.

Great Fun.

fj
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Hold My Beer - 03/14/24 02:28 PM
Hi Mario,

just like Marty, you make songs at a very fast pace. Awesome!
And just like him, you make songs about booze.
And now you start singing just like him!
Time for a duet?

Very nice yo hear you singing again, Mario. Too bad I don't like beer.
But the good thing about that is, your beer will be save with me ;-)
Don't ask this with wine!

Hans
Posted By: MarioD Re: Hold My Beer - 03/14/24 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by David Snyder
It's fun Mario.

You sure are cranking them out!!

smile

Thanx David.

PS - are you calling me cranky whistle
Posted By: MarioD Re: Hold My Beer - 03/14/24 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Mario, sounds like you were almost having as much fun recording this as I was having listening! Super barrel house tune. Your RTs(!) sound great and are nicely mixed. I think your vocals are quite strong and entirely suitable to the genre. If you're looking for constructive suggestions on the vocal FX, my impression is that the FX mask the clarity of your vocals more than they might. So you might try dialing your vocal FX chain back, substituting a slap-back delay, or experimenting with a longer pre-delay on your reverb. But as I've said before, I won't enjoy this song more if you do that. Ha! Nice one, Mario!

Thanx Ron for both listening and those constructive comments. That is how I learn!

PS - no beer was spilled during this song grin
Posted By: MarioD Re: Hold My Beer - 03/14/24 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by Bass Thumper
A bunch of buddies on a mountain weekend getaway and well-supplied with liquid refreshments.
Brings back memories from highschool smile
This was fun, good job.

Thanx Steve.

For me it brought back memories of last year grin
Posted By: MarioD Re: Hold My Beer - 03/14/24 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by jannesan
This is pure fun, nice to hear after your darker and slower ones smile I can imagine how you got the idea for this song, you said "Hold my beer" and started playing smile Very cinematic story, I would like to see a video, because it would be easy to make, although quite costy because of all the beer and damage caused to the vehicles wink

Catchy chorus, I can't get it out of my head now. No problem with your singing, fits perfectly to the mood. That guitar solo is cleverly in harmony with the message.

Janne

Thanx Janne for this great review. Yes a video would be funny. A group called Da Yoopers do a lot of songs like this: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=da+youppers

PS - "I can imagine how you got the idea for this song, you said "Hold my beer" and started playing", are you spying one me shocked
Posted By: MarioD Re: Hold My Beer - 03/14/24 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Al-David
Mario,

Good to hear ya sing89ng one. I don't think the vocal needs anything - it's fine as is.

Good selection of backing tracks. That bass line is great! I'm just bopping along with the song - enjoying every bit of it! Cool song. Hope the beer was cold!

Take care,

Alan

Thanx Alan. The bass line is straight from BiaB.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Hold My Beer - 03/14/24 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
Great idea for a song, Mario. I've heard this saying so many times, and you're right, it usually precedes a memorable event --that is if ya lve through it. Your vocal is a stronger part than you seem to realize. I think it should be more out in front and wider. Do you duplicate the track?

Thanx Marty. I did duplicate the track via software.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Hold My Beer - 03/14/24 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by tommyad
Mario, I’ve said this before. You should definitely sing more. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your vocals. The lyrics are fun and I look forward to more of them. I’ve been told many times that I couldn’t sing. It took me many years to realize I don’t give a ####! The older you get the easier it rolls off your back. Great job, Tom

Thanx Tommy. I did to sing a few songs back in my gigging days but I got away from it. I'm slowly getting back into it however I do have a problem with lyrics. They just don't come easily to me.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Hold My Beer - 03/14/24 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by floyd jane
"all great adventures start with
hold my beer"

Great line.

Great Fun.

fj

Thanx so much Floyd.

Originally Posted by Birchwood
Hi Mario,

just like Marty, you make songs at a very fast pace. Awesome!
And just like him, you make songs about booze.
And now you start singing just like him!
Time for a duet?

Very nice yo hear you singing again, Mario. Too bad I don't like beer.
But the good thing about that is, your beer will be save with me ;-)
Don't ask this with wine!

Hans

Hans, comparing me with Marty is an honor, but I don't know how Marty feels about it grin

Back in my gigging days I did sing a lot of harmony, but that was a long time ago.
Thanx for listening and commenting.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Hold My Beer - 03/20/24 07:39 PM
Loved the title of the tune Mario. I may have used that very same phrase from time to time. Cool rocker and excellent vocal. Well done
Posted By: MarioD Re: Hold My Beer - 03/20/24 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Scott C
Loved the title of the tune Mario. I may have used that very same phrase from time to time. Cool rocker and excellent vocal. Well done

Thanx Scott. I have used that phrase myself a couple of times!
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Hold My Beer - 03/21/24 12:17 AM
Love those lyrics and the humor!
This reminds me a lot of Da Yoopers from Michigan.
My only suggestion is to add a Mario guitar solo. smile
Posted By: dcuny Re: Hold My Beer - 03/21/24 05:34 AM
Hi, Mario.

Fun, jaunty tune.

That solo was... something else. laugh

I'm with Ron on the suggestion of your vocals. They're fine, so don't hide them behind effects.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Hold My Beer - 03/21/24 12:49 PM
As Bob said, “You have some serious swing & swagger going on here!” Nailed.

“all great adventures start with
hold my beer"

As mountain bikers we are reminded of the words often said just before a bad crash: “Hey guys watch this!” smile

We felt your voice was fine in the mix and cool use of those BiaB tracks.

Fun!

J&B
Posted By: MarioD Re: Hold My Beer - 03/21/24 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
Love those lyrics and the humor!
This reminds me a lot of Da Yoopers from Michigan.
My only suggestion is to add a Mario guitar solo. smile

Thanx so much. I think I have heard everything by Da Yoopers. They are a very funny group for sure!

Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Mario.
Fun, jaunty tune.
That solo was... something else. laugh
I'm with Ron on the suggestion of your vocals. They're fine, so don't hide them behind effects.

Thanx David. I did use less effects on this vocal than my last so I guess I am on the right path.
Also thanx for that guitar lead, I worked really hard on it grin
Posted By: MarioD Re: Hold My Beer - 03/21/24 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
As Bob said, “You have some serious swing & swagger going on here!” Nailed.

“all great adventures start with
hold my beer"

As mountain bikers we are reminded of the words often said just before a bad crash: “Hey guys watch this!” smile

We felt your voice was fine in the mix and cool use of those BiaB tracks.

Fun!

J&B

Thanx Janice and Bud.
Back in the day I have done seen some pretty stupid things after the phrase hold my beer.
© PG Music Forums