PG Music Home
Posted By: camog "Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental - 03/22/24 12:41 PM
Original tune - I played everything this time (hope that's ok), only a beginner at drum programming so kept it in the background:

https://carlmogensen.bandcamp.com/track/quiet-nights-in

Carl
I love this man, definately chilled.
I hear a Peter White influence.
How did you produce the strings?
Great job.
Wow beautiful relaxing music. Sounds like a pro level recording, mixed perfectly. Your guitar has a smooth touch, and style.
Posted By: camog Re: "Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental - 03/22/24 02:20 PM
Thanks a lot Bass Thumper - the strings are just a preset in Omnisphere (Cathedral Strings?), I entered little volume envelope ups & downs so the strings were a bit varied! Chuffed you liked it, thanks for listening!!

Best, Carl
Posted By: camog Re: "Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental - 03/22/24 02:22 PM
Many thanks Elliott, really pleased you liked it - thanks for taking a listen!!

Best, Carl
Posted By: MarioD Re: "Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental - 03/22/24 11:27 PM
Carl, this is really great.
Sweet guitar tone.
As usual super chops.
great mix.
As far as drum programming you might want to start in BiaB using a MIDI drum track. You can then modify it to your liking. Been there - do that all the time.
Posted By: dcuny Re: "Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental - 03/23/24 03:23 AM
Hi, Carl.

I saw it was over six minutes long, pushed play, and... what was a pleasant surprise!

That was a lovely bit of music. smile
Posted By: camog Re: "Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental - 03/23/24 06:47 AM
Thanks a lot for the BB drum tip Mario - will check that out, I'm no drummer at all but thought I'd have a go!
Looking forward to BB 2024 Mac, hopefully around May!
Glad you liked my tune - thanks for your nice comments!!

Greeting from the UK, Carl
Posted By: camog Re: "Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental - 03/23/24 06:50 AM
Thanks a lot David for pushing 'play' despite the slightly longer tune!
Chuffed you thought it was ok!!

Best, Carl
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental - 03/23/24 09:10 AM
HI Carl,

Your music is always a true pleasure to hear. Love this soft chill arrangement. And the varying sounds of your guitar was an unexpected but very nice treat. A smooth and dreamy ambiance all the way through. The strings and piano are real nice, too.

Thaks for a most satisfying listen. Wishing you the very best,

Alan
Posted By: DC Ron Re: "Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental - 03/23/24 09:42 AM
Carl, great song, expertly played as always. Love your tone and tasteful playing throughout. Super arrangement and mix, too. Also pleased to add "chuffed" to my vocabulary; always a bonus to start the day with that. Enjoyed your song a lot!
Posted By: camog Re: "Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental - 03/23/24 09:57 AM
Really pleased you liked it Alan - appreciate your very nice comments, thank you for listening!!

Very best wishes from the UK, Carl
Posted By: camog Re: "Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental - 03/23/24 09:58 AM
Absolutely chuffed you liked it Ron - thanks a lot for your very nice comments!!

All the best, Carl
Carl,

A lovely, delicate touch on the guitar. It sings.
Your backing tracks are just right. Supporting your guitar/melody, never over-done.
Nice Bass, too.

Very well done. Good listening.

fj
Posted By: camog Re: "Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental - 03/23/24 08:35 PM
Many thanks Floyd - very pleased it met with your approval, appreciate your very nice comments!!

Greeting from the UK, Carl
Posted By: WaoBand Re: "Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental - 03/23/24 10:20 PM
It sounds exactly right for a quiet night in. Gentle and relaxing. I like the switch from acoustic to electric guitar, then back again followed by the strings. A very nice arrangement..
Posted By: camog Re: "Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental - 03/24/24 06:58 AM
Thank you WaoBand for taking a listen - very glad you liked the mood and arrangement, may you have 'quiet nights in' !!
Slowing down with age, so gently & relaxing is my go to mood nowadays!

Cheers from East Anglia, Carl
Such a soothing piece, and the guitar is so emotive! Just beautiful from start to finish.
Posted By: camog Re: "Quiet Nights In" - chill instrumental - 03/28/24 06:43 AM
Thanks so much ES for your very nice comment - really glad you liked my chilled tune!
Thank you for listening,

Best, Carl
© PG Music Forums