PG Music Home
Posted By: firesong King of Kings - 03/29/24 12:48 AM
I couldn't let Good Friday and Resurrection Day go by without expressing my gratitude...they wrote "king of the Jews" above His cross but I sing King of Kings with all my heart...hope you all like it...(from my archives)...Happy Resurrection weekend...He Is Risen!! Dan

BTW: there are three key modulations in this one (two up and one down)

King of Kings
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12815557

RealTracks in song: 3321:Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist RnBPopDblBrent Ev 055
RealTracks in style: 1543:Synth Pad, PopBelieve Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: ~367:Guitar, Electric, Background Dreamy Ev 065

I added: Vocals and played Piano, Bass and Strings
Intro and electric guitars and drums are from the Yamaha Tyros Keyboard
Posted By: MarioD Re: King of Kings - 03/29/24 12:56 AM
Dan, you are one of the best gospel singers around.
You always pick the best backing bands to support you resurrected vocals.
God gave you a ton of talent!
Loved it.
Posted By: Ronnie Fields Re: King of Kings - 03/29/24 01:57 AM
Beautiful song, I am a gospel songwriter too, and I love everything about this one, You did a tremendous job.
Posted By: Al-David Re: King of Kings - 03/29/24 02:16 AM
Dan,

Your music is always such a pleasure to listen to. Your vocals are gold! Your writes always are filled with inspiration, and your tracks are always perfect choices.This is a great song in all respects!

Wishng you nothing but the best,

Alan
Posted By: David Snyder Re: King of Kings - 03/29/24 02:59 AM
Dan,

Absolutely gorgeous! Whoah.

Splendid from beginning to end.

It is funny how we are writing about the same stuff, in a way, but it is so...mmmm...different!

I guess Jesus loves all his little hard-headed children.

Happy Easter!!!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: King of Kings - 03/29/24 04:18 PM
Dan,

Beautiful. Gorgeous Vocals.
Lovely tracks. You do amazing things with that Tyros. Nice piano!
Strings are nicely supportive.
Good mix.
No one Mods better smile

fj
Posted By: firesong Re: King of Kings - 03/29/24 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by MarioD
Dan, you are one of the best gospel singers around.
You always pick the best backing bands to support you resurrected vocals.
God gave you a ton of talent!
Loved it.
Mario...your comments are always so kind...thanks...Dan

Originally Posted by Ronnie Fields
Beautiful song, I am a gospel songwriter too, and I love everything about this one, You did a tremendous job.
Ronnie...from one gospel writer to another...my sincere thanks...Dan

Originally Posted by Al-David
Dan,
Your music is always such a pleasure to listen to. Your vocals are gold! Your writes always are filled with inspiration, and your tracks are always perfect choices.This is a great song in all respects!
Wishng you nothing but the best,
Alan
Alan...thanks so much for your gracious comments...Dan

Originally Posted by David Snyder
Dan,
Absolutely gorgeous! Whoah.
Splendid from beginning to end.
It is funny how we are writing about the same stuff, in a way, but it is so...mmmm...different!
I guess Jesus loves all his little hard-headed children.
Happy Easter!!!
David...happy Easter to you too...thanks for your comments...there are a million different ways to talk and sing about the Lord...yours is ...mmmm...different, refreshing and honest...hope mine are too...Dan

Originally Posted by floyd jane
Dan,
Beautiful. Gorgeous Vocals.
Lovely tracks. You do amazing things with that Tyros. Nice piano!
Strings are nicely supportive.
Good mix.
No one Mods better smile
fj
Floyd...I appreciate your gracious comments...the Tyros and the Genos have been inspirational tools for me for a long time...I'd be lost without them (musically speaking...Dan
Posted By: Elliott Kayne Re: King of Kings - 03/29/24 07:17 PM
Wow sounds great, on every level. The songs lyrics are excellent, uplifting, and inspiring. The vocal, and performance is great. And the production, mix, tone spot on. This could be a Christian Contemporary Hit.
Posted By: Derochette Re: King of Kings - 03/29/24 08:27 PM
Hi firesong,

Lovely, gentle melody. The work on the dubbed voice is well done. Your voice is superb but I already told you that. Beautiful orchestration. It's pleasant. I appreciated.

Jani.
Posted By: vicarn Re: King of Kings - 03/29/24 09:25 PM
Sounds great as usual, Dan.
Your vocal is sincere. You were made for this genre.

Vic
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: King of Kings - 03/29/24 09:32 PM
As others have said, "gorgeous" really is the best word to describe what you've written.
This is really, really, beautiful Dan!
Posted By: DC Ron Re: King of Kings - 03/29/24 11:50 PM
Wow, Dan! Just...wow. Great write, expertly performed. Those modulations serve the song perfectly, and lift the song without sounding forced. The whole arrangement is exquisite. Well, I'm exhausted. That was NICE!!
Posted By: dcuny Re: King of Kings - 03/30/24 12:21 AM
Hi, Dan.

As others have said - beautiful! smile

You can modulate down? Now you tell me! wink
Posted By: firesong Re: King of Kings - 03/30/24 04:57 AM
Originally Posted by Elliott Kayne
Wow sounds great, on every level. The songs lyrics are excellent, uplifting, and inspiring. The vocal, and performance is great. And the production, mix, tone spot on. This could be a Christian Contemporary Hit.
Elliot...I really appreciate your comments...Dan
Originally Posted by Derochette
Hi firesong,

Lovely, gentle melody. The work on the dubbed voice is well done. Your voice is superb but I already told you that. Beautiful orchestration. It's pleasant. I appreciated.
Jani.
Jani...thanks for your thoughts...Dan

Originally Posted by vicarn
Sounds great as usual, Dan.
Your vocal is sincere. You were made for this genre.
Vic
Vic...thanks for your comments...yes, I was made for this genre,,,Dan

Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
As others have said, "gorgeous" really is the best word to describe what you've written.
This is really, really, beautiful Dan!
B.D...thanks for your gracious comments...I have a great subject to write about...Dan

Originally Posted by DC Ron
Wow, Dan! Just...wow. Great write, expertly performed. Those modulations serve the song perfectly, and lift the song without sounding forced. The whole arrangement is exquisite. Well, I'm exhausted. That was NICE!!
Ron...you're very kind...thanks...Dan

Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Dan.
As others have said - beautiful! smile
You can modulate down? Now you tell me! wink
David...it's just three steps forward and one giant step back to the original key...I call that a modulation down...thanks for your thoughts...Dan
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: King of Kings - 03/30/24 08:30 AM
Man, so good! Wonderful in every way, Dan, loved it.

Happy Easter!
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: King of Kings - 03/30/24 01:07 PM
Dan, you never fail to bring a smile to my face, chills to my body, and inspiratiuon to my soul. This song is another super success. Love the vocals (of course), and your piano drives them to new heights --and then brings back to Earth, much like the resurrection and return. Modulating downward. After reading that, I couldn't wait to hear how you'd pull it off and still kepp it inspirational. Modulating master for sure.
Posted By: firesong Re: King of Kings - 04/01/24 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Man, so good! Wonderful in every way, Dan, loved it.
Happy Easter!
Thanks Dave...I so appreciate your comments and so glad you liked the song...Dan

Originally Posted by BabuMusic
Dan, you never fail to bring a smile to my face, chills to my body, and inspiratiuon to my soul. This song is another super success. Love the vocals (of course), and your piano drives them to new heights --and then brings back to Earth, much like the resurrection and return. Modulating downward. After reading that, I couldn't wait to hear how you'd pull it off and still keep it inspirational. Modulating master for sure.
Marty...thanks for taking the time to write such a gracious review...up modulations (to me) open the song up (and upward) and modulating keys downward help relax the music to a calm state...thanks again for your thoughts my friend...Dan
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: King of Kings - 04/01/24 08:54 PM
What a beautiful song for Easter morning! The vocals are lovely, as always, and the arrangement is both majestic and ethereal.

Your combo of RT’s, the Genos and your piano are a very comfortable fit indeed.

Lovely!

J&B
Posted By: firesong Re: King of Kings - 04/01/24 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
What a beautiful song for Easter morning! The vocals are lovely, as always, and the arrangement is both majestic and ethereal.
Your combo of RT’s, the Genos and your piano are a very comfortable fit indeed.
Lovely!
J&B
Hey Janice and Bud...thanks for your lovely words and kind comments...they are very much appreciated...Dan
Posted By: Scott C Re: King of Kings - 04/05/24 11:22 PM
Beautiful song Dan. Perfect time for song to revisit how special this time of year is. Your vocal was outstanding as well as the backtrack. Well done
Posted By: rsdean Re: King of Kings - 04/06/24 09:25 AM
Dan,

Beautiful and sincere... Great music and a great mix - awesome production.

Bob
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: King of Kings - 04/06/24 05:28 PM
Beautiful and soothing. Perfect for Holy Week. Exceptional vocal and melody.
© PG Music Forums