PG Music Home
Posted By: Tommyc Fly in da Funk - 07/23/11 10:28 PM
Remake of old song with RB .
http://soundcloud.com/tommycole/fly-in-da-funk
Posted By: MarioD Re: Fly in da Funk - 07/24/11 12:46 AM
Super funk!

GREAT guitar tone in an outstanding groove!

Two thumbs up.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Fly in da Funk - 07/24/11 01:20 AM
Hey Tommy,

I'm with MarioD all the way on this one.

You've got the knack!
Noel
Posted By: Skyline Re: Fly in da Funk - 07/24/11 10:18 AM
Nicely done Tommy, I like that!
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Fly in da Funk - 07/24/11 04:14 PM
Quote:

Super funk!

GREAT guitar tone in an outstanding groove!

Two thumbs up.

Double ditto!
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Fly in da Funk - 07/24/11 07:39 PM
Tommy,

Awesome! I have always loved funk! I sometimes wish my "natural" style and feel wasn't so mellow. Unfortunately the more I try to do something "funky", the more it comes out sounding like Conway Twitty!

Seriously, this is great stuff. Like Mario said, you have a great tone working in a great groove! Keep it up, cuz!

Steve
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Fly in da Funk - 07/25/11 01:25 AM
Excellent groove and choppers Tommy !!!

Trax
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Fly in da Funk - 07/25/11 11:19 AM
Thank Yall ! I love to play some funk unfortunately when I try to sing Conway Twitty ,people say maybe you should try plumbing instead ! I have always envied anyone who could sing.
Posted By: pikeyh Re: Fly in da Funk - 07/25/11 02:59 PM
Real nice Guit tone, I was tapping me toes to this in about 2 secs. Good stuff Tommy...
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Fly in da Funk - 07/26/11 05:37 PM
Thank You so much Pikeyh ,my old Strat has Van Zant pickups that were hand wound . I love the tone it makes too ! I also love my biab/rb ,it would have been expensive to hire the people that played on it.
Posted By: redguitars Re: Fly in da Funk - 07/27/11 02:59 AM
This is just getting cooler and cooler.
I do love Funk and I do love that tone of yours.
Of course your playing is outstanding.

After listening to this one, I may switch from my Tele and stick to my Strat. I'm just diggin the Strat sound so much again.
Listening to this makes me want to never put my Strat away now.

Thanks for sharing again. This truly was inspiring for me.
Wayne,
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Fly in da Funk - 07/28/11 10:31 AM
Thanks Wayne that Strat is my only choice , would like to scrape some paint off the walls with a Tele ever once in a while. I love the way Teles are so bright ,cuts threw anything in it's way !
Posted By: redguitars Re: Fly in da Funk - 07/28/11 12:53 PM
It seems the Tele I've had for over 23 years now is pretty fat. It's like a Les Paul Tele.
More brute force than sharp cutting. Which I dig because it makes for a great mellow sound. Nice and thick if I like and I can still cut through anything by playing it harder.
But that's why I always chose Fenders. No matter how hard I played a Gibson, it wouldn't give anything more up.
You can play a Fender to sleep and wake it up and make it pull teeth.
Man I love Fenders. You're right though, most Teles are very bright and sharp. Mine seems to have a much thicker sound. I have a set of Joe Bardons he made for me years ago it it. Great sound for me.
I got another set from him awhile after for another Tele and they just didn't work out. He understood and took them back. He was a very nice guy.
It's like your pickups, handmade are truly one of a kind. Even the maker can't reproduce them again.
Great to hear the Funk buddy, Wayne,
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Fly in da Funk - 07/29/11 10:19 AM
Thanks Wayne us Fenderizers gots to stuck two gether ! Yee-Haw !
© PG Music Forums