PG Music Home
Posted By: MyZone1958 LET IT BE - 01/17/12 11:50 PM
Here is my very first recording using BIAB 2012. Song is called (LET IT BE ) Hope you all enjoy this .
Thanks for listening .

http://www.box.com/s/5zsfml0atn5jckxy4b7n
Posted By: DrDan Re: LET IT BE - 01/18/12 12:03 AM
Dude, it sounds like you are having fun. Good for you. Keep it up.
Posted By: seeker Re: LET IT BE - 01/18/12 12:18 AM
MyZone1958,

Excellent music and performance for this great song.
You have very nice vocals.

Thanks for sharing,
Posted By: Sundance Re: LET IT BE - 01/18/12 03:10 AM
Hi,

You have a nice voice and a good presentation which I enjoyed.

However, it is important that you read the following rules for posting on this forum.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=282880&an=0&page=0#Post282880

Josie
Posted By: Rejean_dup1 Re: LET IT BE - 01/18/12 12:48 PM
very nice song and smooth to hear.

Keep on, nice going

Rejean
Posted By: MyZone1958 Re: LET IT BE - 01/18/12 03:56 PM
Thanks for the info on the rules.Well then I better not post any more

Regards,
Greg
Posted By: Danny C. Re: LET IT BE - 01/20/12 06:04 PM
Nice job Greg!
Posted By: MyZone1958 Re: LET IT BE - 01/20/12 08:29 PM
Thanks Danny good to hear you liked the song. I like your Red guitar there .Kind of lookes like the guitar Elvis used in his 68 comeback Special except his was a Sunburst color.

Regards,
Greg
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: LET IT BE - 01/20/12 08:40 PM
Nice version, Thanks for sharing. Very well produced.

My Music
Posted By: MarioD Re: LET IT BE - 01/21/12 12:58 AM
I wish the “corporate music companies” would allow sites like PGMusic to post covers as I have a feeling we are missing a lot of excellently played/sang music.

This sounds great. Now try some originals.
Posted By: critter Re: LET IT BE - 01/22/12 06:27 AM
The funny thing about this is that there are at least a million bands that use cover tunes on a daily basis, including me in my band days. We, and all the millions of bands make demo tapes for the bar and gigging scene. Even top performers use cover songs every day in Vegas, etc. For instance, Tony Bennett, so what is the big deal, let's just let people on this website show what they got! I myself have at least 14 cds with nothing but cover songs from the old days and up to now. I realize that the original artists want there rights, but let's be honest, no one is going to sound like the original artist no matter what! A real good example of this is the Elvis impersonators, you can't tell me they all have paid copyright expenses for all the songs, if they did they wouldn't be able to make a living........Thanks for listening to me vent
Posted By: MarioD Re: LET IT BE - 01/22/12 03:20 PM
Our band(s) did the same demo thing. The difference is the venues that you played in did pay for the right to have music in their establishments, the same with Vegas. Also any performer who does copies on a CD pays for that right.

I was doing music for a 50’s web site when the “music cops” issued a stop or get sued warning. I was not getting paid so no money was changing hands but that didn’t matter. They claimed that the web site advertisers were making money off the site so the site had to either stop playing music or pay some very large fees to do so. The cost was way to high so the site is has no music. I’m sure it’s the same situation with PGMusic.

You can make as many personal CDs containing covers as you like but don’t try to distribute them. I understand the fines can be very high if one gets caught.

Having said all of that I do wish some kind of compromise can be reached. I see no harm in having individuals upload covers on sites like this one.
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: LET IT BE - 01/22/12 03:38 PM
Quote:

... A real good example of this is the Elvis impersonators, you can't tell me they all have paid copyright expenses for all the songs, if they did they wouldn't be able to make a living........Thanks for listening to me vent -- critter

Well, yes, they are paying for the rights to perform copyrighted material -- the venue gets licenses thru BMI/ASCAP and SEASAC to let all the Elvis's in the world perform those "hit" songs.

Kevin
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: LET IT BE - 01/22/12 03:56 PM
Quote:

Hi,

You have a nice voice and a good presentation which I enjoyed.

However, it is important that you read the following rules for posting on this forum.

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=282880&an=0&page=0#Post282880

Josie

if covers were to be allowed then i'd be back in the game as i have many from pre-stroke recordings.

we had a 17 year old ep impersonator who came once a month to entertain we old flatulents but he no longer comes due to copyright infringements. sad! i wonder if that was the real intent of the law. imagine being busted by BMI et al for humming or singing in the shower. if people won't sing artist's songs out of fear of being fined, how does the artist benefit? it would seem logical that exposure of any kind is a GOOD thing.

anyway, i enjoyed your cover. now give us some original stuff.
© PG Music Forums