PG Music Home
Posted By: silvertones New CD-- - 06/07/12 09:17 PM
Here's a link to the new cd I produced/engineered/sang & played on. A couple of the tunes had RTs added after the fact using the ACW in RB.See if you can guess. Sorry I was not allowed to link free DLs. Sorry .Not my choice. Twelve-Gauge Persuaders
Posted By: silvertones Re: New CD-- - 06/08/12 02:08 PM
These tunes are all original material BTW.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: New CD-- - 06/08/12 03:02 PM
John,

you did a nice job with these recordings. That style of music is not my favorite, so I can't really comment on the songs objectively.

I'd like to know which of the songs kept the realtracks you added (#7?) And if you performed on any, which ones were they? My main interest in the songs is anything pertaining to your participation
Posted By: silvertones Re: New CD-- - 06/08/12 05:05 PM
Quote:

John,

you did a nice job with these recordings. That style of music is not my favorite, so I can't really comment on the songs objectively.

I'd like to know which of the songs kept the realtracks you added (#7?) And if you performed on any, which ones were they? My main interest in the songs is anything pertaining to your participation

Thanks Pat.#7 & #8.I did not play on any of it.I did however take some very rough tracks and make something of it.They let me do everything.Mix, effects & all other engineering.I also produced, that is it was my concept how it should be done.I then mastered the whole thing.They brought it to the CD manufacturer in Chattanooga.
PS Not my favorite either but hey.........
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New CD-- - 06/09/12 07:33 PM
John,

Congratulations on your accomplishment on this cd! I know a lot of work went into it. I wish you, and the band all the best with it!

Steve
Posted By: silvertones Re: New CD-- - 06/10/12 02:11 PM
Quote:

John,

Congratulations on your accomplishment on this cd! I know a lot of work went into it. I wish you, and the band all the best with it!

Steve

Thanks!
Posted By: silvertones Re: New CD-- - 06/10/12 02:12 PM
BTW are the track previews working? Some folks say yes some say no.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: New CD-- - 06/10/12 03:02 PM
They are working here just fine. I must say that this is a good solid album of music. Nicely done. I will purchase a download and give it a whirl in the old truck for a few days to really get a full taste test.
Posted By: Skyline Re: New CD-- - 06/10/12 04:24 PM
John,
Nicely engineered, and you've captured a sharp and very exuberant 'up' sound on the tracks. Good luck with the CD!

John
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: New CD-- - 06/10/12 06:46 PM
Quote:

BTW are the track previews working? Some folks say yes some say no.

ALL of the track previews worked for me (Windows Explorer 8)
John, I want too say :

1) what you did for these guys is very generous and gracious. I hope they appreciate it.

2) it required a lot of skills I don't have yet, so I respect your accomplishment
Posted By: silvertones Re: New CD-- - 06/10/12 08:17 PM
Thanks for all of the nice comments.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: New CD-- - 06/10/12 11:25 PM
What a diverse collection of songs John, you did a good job mixing. I especially liked The Girl Downstairs.
Posted By: musiclover Re: New CD-- - 06/10/12 11:43 PM
Great job on the mixing and mastering John, the previews wouldn't play on ie8 for me, but fine on google chrome.

Congrats again.

Musiclover
Posted By: silvertones Re: New CD-- - 06/10/12 11:59 PM
Just started another project with the 2 song writers.The lead player is also an excellent drummer. I'll play bass as well as the other functions mentioned.Greg will play drums and guitar. Scott will sing and play guitar.It's an album in support of Scott's material.
© PG Music Forums