PG Music Home
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: New Original Bluegrass with BIAB 2012 - 06/27/12 09:58 PM
Yep thats blue grass!
Good stuff.
Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Buford Re: New Original Bluegrass with BIAB 2012 - 06/28/12 12:42 PM
Wow! Thanks, Rob!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: New Original Bluegrass with BIAB 2012 - 06/30/12 12:36 PM
Hi Bob,

You had me tapping my feet by somewhere around the second bar and they didn't stop until the end. What a great song!

Thoroughly enjoyed the listen!
Noel
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: New Original Bluegrass with BIAB 2012 - 06/30/12 03:02 PM
hi bob well done i love bluegrass mix, vioces, arrangement all great thanks eric
Nice tune folks! Your post recording work is far more extensive than mine. I just sorta throw the tracks into Garaband, add the vocals and some canned processing and then mix it down. I used to spend a lot more time mixing back in the old analog and early digital days but lately I've come to realize that mixing, for me, is never finished -- just abandoned.

Thanks for posting the song.
Posted By: MarioD Re: New Original Bluegrass with BIAB 2012 - 07/01/12 01:51 AM
I’m not a big bluegrass fan but I must say this is one of the best I’ve heard. Your vocals took it over the top IMHO. The backing tracks were perfect for your vocals. Your mix was top notch. This had a ‘live’ feel to it!

Two thumbs up
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: New Original Bluegrass with BIAB 2012 - 07/01/12 02:56 AM
Bob,

I always enjoy the songs you post! Top notch stuff! You clearly know what you're doing!

Thanks for posting
Posted By: Buford Re: New Original Bluegrass with BIAB 2012 - 07/04/12 01:02 PM
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your comments. Working with Brad Fitch (CowboyBrad.com) is a pleasure since he's usually a "one take" performer, which I attribute to 300+ concert appearances each year. BIAB was used on EVERY cut of his new CD, "Tropicowboy", even if only to add a bass or drums to solidify timing. Much better than a boring click track. There are some Jimmy Buffett style songs on the CD that I wasn't sure BIAB could backup...but it did. The most difficult part of getting the right sound is spending whatever time it takes to pick the proper BIAB style, and then adding in other instrumentation on the MELODIST or SOLOIST tracks to get the sound you want. Sometime we even create a duplicate BIAB file with the same song, add different instruments and export it to the DAW. You can do this over and over until you have all the instrumentation you need. Very cool stuff that BIAB!

Thanks for listening,
Bob
perfect songlike this keep on going
Posted By: Tommyc Re: New Original Bluegrass with BIAB 2012 - 07/15/12 10:49 AM
Wow Incredible Job I couldn't tell it was Biab! Great mixing and singing!
Posted By: Buford Re: New Original Bluegrass with BIAB 2012 - 07/18/12 05:31 PM
Thanks guys...I've been playing and teaching banjo since the early '70s and I liked the banjo licks on the banjo Real Track so much I didn't even bother to record my own version. Hey..if it works...

Bob
© PG Music Forums