PG Music Home
Posted By: pariahdise Voices - 12/14/12 07:43 PM
I know it's suggested to list which BIAB tracks were used, when posting here, but I don't keep track of that data, I'm afraid, and I tend to combine them more often than not anyhow..

Voices

This just wasn't what she'd hoped for out of life,
So many lingering questions, perpetual strife.
She got voices in her head, she won't let have their say,
With guilt as her sole companion, she sadly makes her way.

She's too afraid to deviate, it's all just too taboo,
Nobody can tell her just what she's supposed to do.
Why is she consumed by feelings, that she can't express?
When all she ever wanted was a little tenderness?

She can't shake the voices in her head,
Oh, here they come again.

Every rendezvous more desperate as the frustration builds.
She insulates her inclinations with bourbon and pills.
She wonders how it came to this, how she's supposed to live,
In a world that won't let her be what she really is.

She can't escape the voices in her head,
Indecision, doubt, quiet dread.

Enough of your precious mindset, enough morality.
We've all got our little demons, and you know what I mean.
She's already got loud-speakers on the walls of her mind,
Voices lamenting in the night, for choices left behind.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Voices - 12/15/12 09:33 PM
Very different, I"ll say that! Real interesting voice effects, and I think the harmony at the end of the lines was real effective.

Liked the slow-ish strumming intro...seemed like I could hear each string.

Your song really dug deep into the mind of this female..are you this person's psychiatrist?

Thanks for sharing..
Posted By: pariahdise Re: Voices - 12/16/12 02:50 AM
No, I was a former boyfriend, which was how the song was inspired, or the reason it germinated. But from there, it's hard to explain it further. Although, the song obviously has a 'sexual' undertone which does not pertain to me, personally, there is also a fair amount self-scrutiny woven into the lyric. So, it's both a sympathetic and empathetic construct.

This song needs a voice, other than mine - or the ones in 'my' head, I think. Even in my youth, it was out of my range. Yet, it's nonetheless important enough to me, not to delete from the forum this time..
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Voices - 12/16/12 02:04 PM
pariahdise,

Very interesting lyric. Very original. The main guitar "riff" really sticks in your head.

One of the B3 organ tracks would fit this song really well, IMO.

Keep it up.

floyd
Posted By: pariahdise Re: Voices - 12/16/12 04:32 PM
Thanks, I must have tried a dozen organ real tracks, which I'm sure included a B3, I had to settle on what bits I liked. If you know the name of one in BIAB which might suit, I will see if I have it.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: Voices - 12/17/12 08:45 PM
Wow! What an original sonic concept. Well done.
SD
Posted By: pariahdise Re: Voices - 12/17/12 08:53 PM
Thanks SD, wishing you the very best of winter soltice's and galactic plane alignments
Posted By: MarioD Re: Voices - 12/18/12 02:18 AM
I really like this one pariahdise. I thought your vocal sounded ok and I really liked the effects. Skillfully executed I might add!

I do like the idea to add a rocking B3 to this and I may have an idea you might want to try. Regenerate the song but with a style that has strings. Bring the string midi track into your DAW and change the patch to a B3. There are a few B3 VSTis out there. It would work best if you get a VSTi that has a leslie so you can change the speed during the song. Just a thought.
Posted By: pariahdise Re: Voices - 12/18/12 03:03 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, and listen, Mario. I have copied your idea to my song notes for future reference.
© PG Music Forums