PG Music Home
Posted By: Skyline New song: 'A Zimmer Frame Of Mind' - 12/21/13 10:44 AM
I had a significant birthday this month... I felt the best way to mourn my official transition to pensioner status was to write a blues song, so here it is!

Components are:

BIAB RealStyles (all changed to 85bpm climbing to 88bpm)
_TBLZSLB.STY TexBlz12-8 (L and R Rhythm guitars, bass and drums used)
_BLZ_MNH.STY Laid Back Blues (Soloist 571 Harmonica track only)
_TBLZSHP.STY TexBlzRockShuffle w Piano (BBPiano 1591 track only)

I provided the rhythm guitar (centre), lead guitar and vocal.
I used one or two drum loop samples to garnish the ending and some studio chatter from a CD to create a 'live' feel. (Can you guess which one?)

Merry Christmas to all and many, many thanks for listening to some of my 2013 outpourings!
smile
MP3 direct link here.
Web site link for lyrics and technical notes.

John
Posted By: Scott C Re: New song: 'A Zimmer Frame Of Mind' - 12/21/13 12:57 PM
Loved this. Guitar was very cool.. Excellent song, singing, and lyrics.
Posted By: tommyad Re: New song: 'A Zimmer Frame Of Mind' - 12/21/13 01:37 PM
John, Oh Yeah that's what I'm talking bout. Love them blues. Great guitar sound and playing. I can relate to the lyrics and the music. Perfect mix. Turn it up to 11 and keep playing until you can't hold it anymore, then BIAB can take over the lead duties. I loved the intro and the outro. Too cool. Tom
Posted By: floyd jane Re: New song: 'A Zimmer Frame Of Mind' - 12/21/13 01:59 PM
John!

This is one of the BEST songs I've heard on this forum! Actually - anywhere - in a while...

Loved the studio chatter - and that was just the beginning... The whole thing had PRO written all over it. STELLAR mix! Sounds really good crank as LOUD as possible. Great choice of tracks - each of them.

BEAUTIFUL guitar work!

must have been my life just whizzing by <<< good line

Statins in the morning, Metformin after meals,
Shake me and I’m rattling like a train on square wheels.
But I’m still rockin’ and rollin’, that’s one thing the years can’t steal <<<<< terrific verse!!!

And with one foot in the groove <<< loved that!

They’ll find me by my amp with all the knobs turned to eleven <<< Yes!

MAN! this is GOOD!!!!

Over the top!

floyd
Posted By: ROG Re: New song: 'A Zimmer Frame Of Mind' - 12/21/13 04:56 PM
Hi John.

I loved every second of that! Normally I'd think that seven minutes + was pushing it a bit, but NOT IN THIS CASE. I agree with Floyd that this has to be one of the best tracks on here.

Hey, John, you must have listened to a lot of John Mayall in the 60s. What with the super bluesy vocal, the mean harmonica and the early Clapton style lead guitar, I was rocketed back to my teens.

And yeah, what a good mix. I know when it's loud enough, 'cos I can watch the cones moving and this sounded just perfect.

All this and wonderful lyrics, too.

WAY over the top!

ROG.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: New song: 'A Zimmer Frame Of Mind' - 12/21/13 06:08 PM
Freakin' great and an immediate download to a playlist. Janice and I are stone blues fans and this fits the bill -- perfectly. John Mayall and many of the early British bands were my intro to this and although we played bluegrass for decades we've never strayed from our love of the blues. I'm older than Janice but her brother has played the blues since she was a kid.

It's just so cool to hear this here. Killer vocal, lyrics, production and guitar. This so pales the blues song I'm working now that I may have to put it aside for a spell!

Hey, it brought Janice into the music room when she heard it. Now for another listen.
Awesome track! Great voice and great mix!
Posted By: Danny C. Re: New song: 'A Zimmer Frame Of Mind' - 12/21/13 10:32 PM
Excellent!

That about covers it.

Merry Christmas,
Posted By: Sundance Re: New song: 'A Zimmer Frame Of Mind' - 12/22/13 04:29 AM
WOW John, what a great track. Sounds like a Boomer blues anthem for sure. Love your voice and everything else. So many great little musical touches in there. Creative way to start and end it too.

Top drawer. Or I could just repeat Danny and say in a word....excellent.

Josie
Posted By: jphillips Re: New song: 'A Zimmer Frame Of Mind' - 12/22/13 04:55 AM
John:

Clever song and very well produced. Very good job.

John
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: New song: 'A Zimmer Frame Of Mind' - 12/22/13 01:30 PM
well done. Love me some blues every now and then. Really captivating lyrics.... made me smile more then once as I listened.

Nice playing for an old geezer. I'm not quite there yet but hey, it won't be long.... time sure did zip by, and it has been a blast the entire time.... Not going to easily or willingly, I'm having too much fun.

Loved this song.... not too many 7 minute songs there days, but hey, it works. And... well admit it.... with a 1-4-5 blues prog, one could literally jam all night long.
Posted By: boehm Re: New song: 'A Zimmer Frame Of Mind' - 12/22/13 05:53 PM
Hi John,

congrats on your retirement. Gives you enough time
to go on rocking.
Like the vocals and guitar.
Merry Christmas.

Guenter
Posted By: gruverider Re: New song: 'A Zimmer Frame Of Mind' - 12/23/13 09:40 PM
WOW!!!

I just threw my producer cap down onto the kitchen floor a jumped up and down on it for 15 minutes in a fit of "I'm not worthiness"!

The sound you've squeezed out here is second to none!
Posted By: cubanpete Re: New song: 'A Zimmer Frame Of Mind' - 12/23/13 10:48 PM
I feel your pain brother! excellent work all around. Congrats!

Mike B.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: New song: 'A Zimmer Frame Of Mind' - 12/24/13 12:32 AM
John
What great lyrics! Guitar and everything is just perfect. Really liked the mix. Toe-tappin' great! Congratulations for more than one great event.
Posted By: Al-David Re: New song: 'A Zimmer Frame Of Mind' - 12/24/13 03:30 AM
Hi John...

A couple of newbies looking around for some good music and we've found a lot of it. And this is one of the very best. Shuffle Blues in a minor key works perfect for a lament and you took it over the top. This sounds like something we should be purchasing at the local music store...and listening to until our ears fall off. great tune...loved everything about it. A bunch of kudos headed your way!

Merry Christmas...

Al & Di
Posted By: Danny C. Re: New song: 'A Zimmer Frame Of Mind' - 12/25/13 03:15 AM
Originally Posted By: cubanpete
I feel your pain brother! excellent work all around. Congrats!

Mike B.

What Mike said, I mean "really" what Mike said. :>

Merry Christmas,
Posted By: Icelander Re: New song: 'A Zimmer Frame Of Mind' - 10/08/14 02:01 AM
I clicked on that link here thinking this would be something related to film score (a la Hans Zimmer, you see). Boy, was I wrong grin

That was absolutely SMOKIN'! cool
Posted By: BruceI Re: New song: 'A Zimmer Frame Of Mind' - 10/10/14 03:06 AM
Wow, am I glad someone clicked on an "old" post from late 2013. Half-blocked arteries! Ha! Like everyone said, the real deal, great playing, singing, lyrics, mix, the whole enchilada. Nice work!

Thanks!
Bruce
© PG Music Forums