PG Music Home
Posted By: Guitarhacker Strolling With My Baby - 10/05/15 01:59 PM
OK... so I'm digging way back.... 5 years on this. I don't know that I've ever posted this here.

This is when I was relatively new to BB and was really digging the horns and saxes and just having a grand time exploring what this program could do.

STROLLING

I found this and a few other gems in some old dusty folders in the storage drive as I was house cleaning the other day.

Have a listen and enjoy it...

Don't ask what the details are because I don't recall. I'm playing the lead theme that reoccurs through out the song. The RT's played some amazing harmony licks to it in a few places.

The Trumpet and Sax especially blew me away.... what a solo!!!!
Posted By: SRP Re: Strolling With My Baby - 10/05/15 02:08 PM
Very smooth and makes me feel as if I were strolling down the sidewalk. I like the placement of the sax and trumpet...well thought out. Good guitar playing I might add also. Pleasant to listen to and just an all round great composition.
Sonny
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Strolling With My Baby - 10/05/15 02:57 PM
Originally Posted By: SRP
Very smooth and makes me feel as if I were strolling down the sidewalk. I like the placement of the sax and trumpet...well thought out. Good guitar playing I might add also. Pleasant to listen to and just an all round great composition.
Sonny

Sonny, glad you enjoyed this. I keep thinking I should do more instrumental things....

I may post some more instrumental stuff up in a few days.... Don't want to overload page 1
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Strolling With My Baby - 10/05/15 06:13 PM
Great track for a movie or video.
Rob
Posted By: RichMac Re: Strolling With My Baby - 10/05/15 09:15 PM
Sounds like you were having fun.
A bit of a Burt Bacharach sound to my ear. Cheers.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Strolling With My Baby - 10/06/15 12:03 AM
Quite a departure for you Herb. I do think BIAB jazz tracks are awesome. And the solos are killer! Fun track. Thanks for bringing it out of the vaults. Enjoyed it! Take care. Greg
Posted By: PeterF Re: Strolling With My Baby - 10/06/15 05:01 AM
Very tasteful - quite liked that one. Really nice guitar parts.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Strolling With My Baby - 10/06/15 08:29 AM
Rob: Thanks... I was thinking the same thing

Rich: I was having fun.... I was exploring the possibilities with BB....

Greg: This is from the early days with BB.... so essentially I started with quite a few jazz based tunes similar to this.....I even have a number of tunes with vibes in them. Here's one that's actually on my website music page..... http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=8255563 Go enjoy and Get Happy with the vibes...

Peter: Thanks Peter, I enjoyed playing that "theme" throughout the tune. Every now and then, I just gotta let the insanity peek out for a while.
Posted By: boehm Re: Strolling With My Baby - 10/06/15 10:45 AM
Hi Herb,
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Fun track. Thanks for bringing it out of the vaults.

Enjoyable listen.

Guenter
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Strolling With My Baby - 10/06/15 12:21 PM
Smooth jazz arrangement and mix. We discovered BiaB 4 years ago and our first effort was a horn jazz version of Soulshine (Allman Bros/Gov't Mule). There's something about being able to have those great horn at your bidding!

J&B
Posted By: tommyad Re: Strolling With My Baby - 10/06/15 12:26 PM
Walking along with you on this one. Thanks for bringing it back. Sounds good. Tom
Posted By: Icelander Re: Strolling With My Baby - 10/06/15 03:28 PM
Love what you've made of this BBox original (hope I'm not bursting a bubble here), the sax was an especially inspired touch.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Strolling With My Baby - 10/06/15 04:27 PM
A nice listen.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Strolling With My Baby - 10/08/15 09:28 AM
Enjoyed this. It's a good listen.
Posted By: gruverider Re: Strolling With My Baby - 10/10/15 06:01 PM
I really like your guitar work here. Understated and lyrical. A perfect fit to my ears for this song.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Strolling With My Baby - 10/11/15 03:08 PM
Herb,

This is really cool. Love the lead guitar. Very tastefully done. Nice work!!!
© PG Music Forums