PG Music Home
Posted By: Gazza The Price For Liberty - 10/19/15 03:30 AM
Video link to my song written,composed & sung by me using BIAB Realtracks.
Video montage created by me.

Gun Violence:
My song is asking the question-WHY?
The words in my song say it all.

https://youtu.be/0rLIqFW1B7Q

Real Tracks used:
Verses:BallP16sty
1st Chorus: PModGr+sty
2nd Chorus: PModGr2sty

Of the few songs I have written & composed with the help of BIAB,this song is the first one I have placed on a social media site or a forum.
I have no musical qualifications,I am still struggling to fully understand what BIAB has to offer,cannot read written music,relying solely on creating meaningful lyrics and finding guitar chord progressions that enhance my lyrics.
I did not start writing songs until I was in my late 60s.
Now in my early 70s I have found a new passion and reason to keep living: Songwriting and creating music.
Planting seeds in my mind,cultivating and nuturing them into lyrics,grafting them to chord progressions,watching them blossom into songs and giving me the satisfaction of reaping what I have sown.

Feel free to send the link to my song to your friends.

Thankyou for taking the time to listen & watch. Much appreciated.

Your thoughts about my composition are welcome.
I am not technically savvy about musical electronic equipment or computer savvy but will endeavour to reply to any comments.
I just enjoy composing songs.

Cheers,

Gazza
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: The Price For Liberty - 10/19/15 04:38 AM
Good song with plenty of meaning.
Thanks for listing.
Rob
Posted By: gibson Re: The Price For Liberty - 10/19/15 04:46 AM
Wow, a heavy song and video.

Welcome to the forum

Alyn
Posted By: RichMac Re: The Price For Liberty - 10/19/15 05:23 AM
Good one Gazza! Good theme and well expressed. Give us more. Cheers.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: The Price For Liberty - 10/19/15 06:39 AM
Great first effort Gazza. Very poignant. The build really works well. And the video is really well done. It seems you missed your calling a little. Your songwriting is very dynamic. Great job, for sure. More please.
Oh, and welcome to the forum, too!
Trev
Posted By: tommyad Re: The Price For Liberty - 10/19/15 10:03 AM
This is an important message. We just had a mass shooting this last weekend here. Something needs to change sooner rather than later. Thanks for posting. Great job. Tom
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: The Price For Liberty - 10/19/15 10:17 AM
I'm glad you found something that gives you a reason and purpose for living.

Musically it sounds good, and you sing well too.

I will simply say, regarding the lyrics, that I absolutely disagree with the topic and position taken in the song.

Keep writing, because, with the background you claimed, you have a talent for it.
Posted By: boehm Re: The Price For Liberty - 10/19/15 10:44 AM
Hi Gazza,

welcome to the forum!
Good first post. I understand your
message and you delivered it well.
Thanks for the background story.

Guenter
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: The Price For Liberty - 10/19/15 10:59 AM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Great first effort Gazza. Very poignant. The build really works well. And the video is really well done. It seems you missed your calling a little. Your songwriting is very dynamic. Great job, for sure. More please.
Oh, and welcome to the forum, too!
Trev

What he said!

Welcome to a nice community.

J&B
Posted By: SRP Re: The Price For Liberty - 10/19/15 01:53 PM
Musically speaking I enjoyed your song and the video was very stirring. I personally like to keep politics out of my music but that is just me. In my humble opinion the hearts and the minds of people have to change before there will be any change. There are evil people in this world and no matter what the weapon, there will be unnecessary death. Our country (USA) gained its liberty not by words but by "Give me liberty or give me death!". I do not personally own a gun but I am a constitutionalist and until our Constitution is changed (lawfully) I will defend what our forefathers set in order to make our country free and strong.
Sonny
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: The Price For Liberty - 10/19/15 02:21 PM
I gave a listen....music is OK.
Although...as a political song I totally disagree with your lyrical inferences.
No offense...but songs expressing one's political commentary never works for me. smile
Of course, my opinion means absolutely nothing in the universal scheme of things.

Originally Posted By: SRP
There are evil people in this world and no matter what the weapon, there will be unnecessary death. Sonny

IMO....the above comment is your 'why'.

This is a friendly forum and I'm sure you'll get more comments.
Good luck with your newly found song writing efforts.

Carry on....
Posted By: CeeBee Re: The Price For Liberty - 10/19/15 02:44 PM
Nice first post Gazza, well done. A very touchy subject, it'll be interesting to read the comments.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: The Price For Liberty - 10/19/15 09:53 PM
Welcome Gazza!! This is well done. Nice music, vocals and arrangement. Lyrics are well written and certainly make their point. Political songs are always interesting, and I think you should write what you feel. These mass shootings are horrific and heart-breaking, as were the MLK and Lennon assassinations. Two wonderful people! I am neither a gun owner or a gun hater. There are supposedly 300 million guns in the US. There is no simple fix legislatively, although some measures may be incrementally helpful. I think changes in security measures and detection of mental health problems are going to be bigger pieces of the puzzle. Just an opinion. I'm glad you are writing and posting on the forum. It is a wonderfully talented and receptive group of people. Looking forward to hearing more from you. Take care. Greg
Posted By: RnAM Re: The Price For Liberty - 10/20/15 06:13 PM
Hi Gazza,

Welcome to the forum and.... it's never too late to start writing songs.
It's a very nice song and your vocals are very good. An interesting video too.
In our country people are not allowed to have guns. Yet there are killings, of course, but far less than in America. Most of the times criminals that kill each other. Some years ago there was a young crazy boy who killed some people in a shopping mall. There have never been high school killings or something like that over here. We hope it will never happen.

Go on writing songs.

Rob and Anne-Marie
© PG Music Forums