PG Music Home
Posted By: gibson A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 01/28/16 01:15 AM
A song about Band in a Box!! and that moment when you think you begin to understand it!! YAY Well you know what to do "your way" anyway, in midi and the realstuff.
This is a tribute to the versatility of the programme and also a homage to all the talented posters in this forum.
Thank you PG Music for an astounding program.

I apologise for one naughty word in verse one but it described the learning process perfectly to me and I'm still learning after almost 20 years. grin It was written in one of those "late night early morning sessions"

Crazy things I do

I said hey do you know that its half past three and shouldn't we be gettin' off to sleep its gettin' up light
I know I like being here just talkin' to you
its just one of those many cr--azy things i do
why do we always get outa our heads we're chasing those demons not chicks into bed
I know I can't sit here with my head in my hand
I'll put it up my [*****] and you'll all understand

it seems in the making its set in the die
cos who said rock and roll was going to die
you always tell something you know if its real
i know that its right
We all now that it's right

Rock and Roll's living in your heart tonight
its taken control of your body and soul
its never gonna relinquish that grip on your heart
it started that day when you heard that first song

cos its then that you started to breathe
its then that you started to live that life
i know i like being here just playing with you
do one of those many cr--azy things you do

why do we always jump up and down we're not in a rehearsal cos this times for real
we know wot we like in a weird sorta way
but we don't give a damn and who cares any way

its never gonna relinguish that grip on your heart
it started that day it started today
it started that day it started today

hey do you know that its half past three and shouldnt we be gettin off to sleep its gettin up light
we know we like being here just being we two
my turn to do one of those cr--azy things I do

it started today

RealTracks in style: ~405:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 120
RealTracks in song: ~1119:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Strumming Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 898:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Strumming FolkRockWaltz Ev 150
RealTracks in song: 671:Organ, B3, Background Southern Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1008:Bass, Electric, ElecRock Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 581:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Blues Roadhouse Ev 120 ('A' only)
RealTracks in song: 849:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryRockRiff Ev 120 (B:steady)
RealTracks in song: ~~496:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm StoneZ Honky 1 Ev 120
RealDrums in Song: BossaBrushesPerc^1-a:Congas, No Kit , b:Congas, Shaker, Triangle, No Kit
RealDrums in Song: NashvilleEven8^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

I deleted me on 12 string as it wasn't good enough!! but kept me on Heritage Les Paul at the end. Strings from chord track and a GM soundfont
Vocals Rode NT2 and Line 6 UX2
backing vocals by the Flab Four.

Enjoy

Alyn
Posted By: SRP Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 01/28/16 02:04 AM
Hi Alyn, BIAB is certainly the best of the best and I find at times that it is very hard to walk away from when you have something in your head that you want to get out. Thanks for giving a tribute to what we all know is the best software of its kind. I enjoyed your song and I hope that you will get some rest!!
Sonny
Posted By: PeterF Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 01/28/16 05:21 AM
Alyn
Quirky inventive and very much in the vein of ...your style. Liked the harmonies, good ending, good fun.
Keep 'em coming.
Posted By: tommyad Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 01/28/16 11:26 AM
Alan, Your songs always draw me in. I'm always looking around the next corner to see what surprises you've cooked up. It's always an adventure to take a trip inside Gibsonland! Although you have developed your own style , it is always filled with new and refreshing ideas. I liked it. Tom
Posted By: boehm Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 01/28/16 01:46 PM
Hi Alyn,

whatever you do it's always entertaining.
Thanks for the tribute.
I enjoyed it.

Guenter
Posted By: gibson Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 01/28/16 02:53 PM
Originally Posted By: SRP
Hi Alyn, BIAB is certainly the best of the best and I find at times that it is very hard to walk away from when you have something in your head that you want to get out. Thanks for giving a tribute to what we all know is the best software of its kind. I enjoyed your song and I hope that you will get some rest!!
Sonny

I'm glad you suffer with the "just 5 more minutes" problem also grin
Where would we be without PG?

thanks for listening and commenting

Alyn
Posted By: gibson Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 01/28/16 02:56 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Alyn
Quirky inventive and very much in the vein of ...your style. Liked the harmonies, good ending, good fun.
Keep 'em coming.

BIAB is good fun if not addicitve!
I had fun with the harmonies as I'd worked them out on a piano 1st and then tried to sing the notes

So glad you enjoyed

Alyn
Posted By: gibson Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 01/28/16 03:02 PM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Alan, Your songs always draw me in. I'm always looking around the next corner to see what surprises you've cooked up. It's always an adventure to take a trip inside Gibsonland! Although you have developed your own style , it is always filled with new and refreshing ideas. I liked it. Tom

Gibsonland hmm that's a good idea for my website I am struggling with.

Thanks for the compliments I have many moments when I think WOAH that's different, I'll use that. My "what if "scenario

Thanks for visiting Gibsonland. Please call again grin laugh

Alyn
Posted By: gibson Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 01/28/16 03:04 PM
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Alyn,

whatever you do it's always entertaining.
Thanks for the tribute.
I enjoyed it.

Guenter

Thanks Guenter and I too say whatever you do it's always entertaining.

Glad you enjoyed it

Alyn
Posted By: toucher Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 01/28/16 03:31 PM
So many of us can identify with the sentiment of this tune....very creative...

Rob
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 01/28/16 04:18 PM
"its never gonna relinguish that grip on your heart"

Ain't that the truth!

Had to listen several times - just for the pure pleasure of it... it's like listen to a Talking Heads piece.

Enjoyed it. Thoroughly.

(Good mix! Cool rockin' at the end!)

floyd
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 01/29/16 04:34 AM
Another great tune by the ALWAYS creative, ALWAYS fun, and ALWAYS engaging "Gibson"!! Never fail to get a kick out of your stuff- funny, sad, crazy, or all at once, ALWAYS GREAT! Really enjoyed this tribute to the wonderful world of BIAB! Take care. Greg

Very inventive song.
I agree about band in a box, a program that surely has allowed many of us to express creativity in a different way.

I like your sound. Great final too.

Sergio
Posted By: Al-David Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 01/29/16 06:07 PM
Hi Alyn ...

I think you have your own genre: Gibson Folk-Rock-Head Music"!

Everything you post is entertaining as heck. No exception here. Great stuff. And ain't we all been there??!! Nice!

Alan & Di
Posted By: HiroshiK Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 01/30/16 04:17 AM
Alyn,

I like your style very much. I may call it 'gibson style'?

I enjoyed the song. It recalled me White Album of the Beatles though I do not know why.

Hiroshi
Posted By: Noel96 Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 01/30/16 04:23 AM
Alyn,

There's absolutely no-one I know who writes so well with such freedom that you do! I always learn when I listen to your creations.

Loved it!
Noel
Posted By: Scott C Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 01/30/16 10:12 AM
Cool tune - Excellent vocal and lyric
Posted By: RnAM Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 01/30/16 11:33 AM
Nice inventive, fun song!
Ah yes, this is so recognizable. Another song idea late at night, and you simply have to finish it, especially with all the possibilities in BIAB.
I didn't detect any naughty words ;-)

Rob
Posted By: David Snyder Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 01/30/16 11:40 AM
Pretty daggoned funny man. smile
Posted By: gibson Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 01/31/16 07:20 AM
Originally Posted By: toucher
So many of us can identify with the sentiment of this tune....very creative...

Rob

Thanks Rob,
The song started as a sorta rock anthem but the words fitted seemed to explain/ give a reason for my addiction to BIAB grin

glad you enjoyed and thanks for listening and commenting

Alyn
Posted By: gibson Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 01/31/16 07:25 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
"its never gonna relinguish that grip on your heart"

Ain't that the truth!

Had to listen several times - just for the pure pleasure of it... it's like listen to a Talking Heads piece.

Enjoyed it. Thoroughly.

(Good mix! Cool rockin' at the end!)

floyd

TALKING HEADS!!! NOW that IS a great compliment, thank you blush

From listening to your works I can see/hear that BIAB has become part of your soul

BIAB Addiction is a state characterized by compulsive engagement in rewarding stimuli. grin

Thanks, as always for listening and commenting
Alyn
Posted By: gibson Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 01/31/16 07:29 AM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Another great tune by the ALWAYS creative, ALWAYS fun, and ALWAYS engaging "Gibson"!! Never fail to get a kick out of your stuff- funny, sad, crazy, or all at once, ALWAYS GREAT! Really enjoyed this tribute to the wonderful world of BIAB! Take care. Greg

Cheers Greg, that was a lovely piece of writing
But as I say here, and to my friends in the real world, BIAB is one hell of a program. As also shown by YOUR works!!

thanks for listening

Alyn
Posted By: gibson Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 01/31/16 07:31 AM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Alyn ...

I think you have your own genre: Gibson Folk-Rock-Head Music"!

Everything you post is entertaining as heck. No exception here. Great stuff. And ain't we all been there??!! Nice!

Alan & Di

Great to hear from you and thanks for listening.

I do hope you and Di are "going the right way" with all your problems. You 2 are in my thoughts.

take care and all the best

Alyn
Where would we be without a 3 am?

Not many can put life and its wicked pleasures into a song like you do. This is a good one and probably universal feelings to all us BIAB addicts.
Posted By: rsdean Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 01/31/16 10:35 PM
Alyn,

Another classic! Loved it. Sounds like it could have been recorded by John Lennon around 1970 - Excellent!

Bob
Posted By: gibson Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 02/01/16 02:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Very inventive song.
I agree about band in a box, a program that surely has allowed many of us to express creativity in a different way.

I like your sound. Great final too.

Sergio

Thank you Sergio, isn't BIAB an incredible program allowing such a varied selection of music to be produced.

Glad you liked the song smile

All the best
Alyn
Posted By: gibson Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 02/01/16 02:13 PM
Originally Posted By: HiroshiK
Alyn,

I like your style very much. I may call it 'gibson style'?

I enjoyed the song. It recalled me White Album of the Beatles though I do not know why.

Hiroshi

Hiroshi,
Thank you, I return the compliment about your style of music, glad you like gibsonology grin
It has been written before that I have a Beatlish vibe and appreciate the comparison to the White Album

All the best, thanks for listening

Alyn
Posted By: gibson Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 02/01/16 02:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Alyn,

There's absolutely no-one I know who writes so well with such freedom that you do! I always learn when I listen to your creations.

Loved it!
Noel

blush blush thank you Noel.
We write so differently but I read your posts and learn from you also laugh
This is another beauty of BIAB; the forums are a great place to learn from musicians writing and playing totally different styles of music.

Glad you enjoyed it !!

Alyn
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 02/02/16 11:06 AM
Originally Posted By: tommyad

Tom stated it very well....

Gibsonland, "your own style" and "new and refreshing"

We very much enjoyed the write, the vocals and the production. Just
perusing through your choice of RT's is a showcase in expanding the
boundaries of BiaB. Don't get hung up on styles and explore the
whole catalog for your idea "band." There are a lot of gems in
BiaB that when properly introduced really work well together and you
certainly seem be introducing some to one another.

Kudos!

J&B
Posted By: ROG Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 02/02/16 08:25 PM
Hi Alyn.

This has "Alyn" stamped right through it, though perhaps with a little Talking Heads, as Floyd said and maybe just a touch of Jonathan Richman in there as well.

Strange mix of acoustic rhythm with Hammond, but which seemed to work well. I loved the harmony and the big finish.

Another classic.
Posted By: Sundance Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 02/10/16 11:11 PM
Alyn,

I almost missed this one. I agree with Bob, sounds like something John Lennon could've done. Thoroughly enjoyed it and brought a big smile to my face. Best regards to the Flab Four too.
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 02/11/16 01:14 AM
"Rock n roll living in your heart tonight" great line Alyn. I think we can all relate to this one. Nice write. Love the way the band comes in at the end! Good job.
Posted By: gibson Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 02/12/16 12:52 AM
Just a quick thanks to all those that have commented recently.
I have just been discharged from hospital as I, as Dani, have had pneumonia.
Thanks to amazing coincidences so much about my medical destruction 18 years ago has been uncovered during my stay that I have also lost interest in music. I have had my faith in hospital doctors restored, but I have lost all faith in welsh society thanks to the privilege of secret societies

Thanks to all my cyber friends on here.

I may be back, who knows?

Alyn
Posted By: Steve Young Re: A song for BIAB "Crazy things I do" - 02/12/16 08:35 AM
Alyn,

I always look forward to listening to any of your posts, because I know they are going to be quirky (in a good way), innovative and creative. This is no exception. Great job! Good rock n' roll anthem!

Steve
© PG Music Forums