PG Music Home
Posted By: Music-AMG WildKat Blues - 03/17/16 04:21 PM
(Named the song for my guitar)

LZTRI10.STY BluesTrio 10-ChicagoBlues LH-Pno

Bass – Midi
Drums – Real Drums, (Jazz Brushes, does not show drummer)
Piano/Organ – Midi
Acoustic – My Luna Phoenix Acoustic/Electric
Rhythm Guitar – My Epiphone WildKat – Peavy 6505 Clean Channel (Channel 1)
Lead Guitar – My Epiphone WildKat – Peavy 6505 Channel 2
Prototype’d the song using Band in a Box
I used BIAB to get in the general ball park of what I wanted, set up the piano and organ chord settings, then just generated a WAV file to use in RealBand. (2016)

Amp – Peavey Vyper I Modeling amp.

I did all the guitar parts..

This song was based on another song that I had done. The original version was much more "gnarly" guitar parts with a lot of amp distortion, etc.

I decided to take a different approach, using a new guitar and amp that is a complete 180 degree from I am accustomed to. This is version is much cleaner version. I played entirely on a Fender Strat/Fender Twin for many years, and just recently went with a hollow body / Peavey setup.

I am somewhat learning how to phrase guitar parts, so, it might be a little rough around the edges, but, it gets the point across. This is the reason I bought this software.

https://soundcloud.com/music-amg/wildkat-blues-re-mix/s-ITwtk
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: WildKat Blues - 03/17/16 05:30 PM
Really Coooooool!! Nicely played, produced and mixed. Great playing (you were one with the box). ENjoyed much!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Music-AMG Re: WildKat Blues - 03/17/16 07:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Really Coooooool!! Nicely played, produced and mixed. Great playing (you were one with the box). ENjoyed much!! Take care. Greg

Well, thank you.. Not sure what you mean by the "one with box", but thanks.. wink
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: WildKat Blues - 03/17/16 07:58 PM
Very nicely done ! Great blues song...
Posted By: boehm Re: WildKat Blues - 03/18/16 12:07 PM
Hi AMG,

welcome to the showcase!
Nice first post.
Good guitar lead and arrangement.
Enjoyed my listen.

Guenter
Posted By: Scott C Re: WildKat Blues - 03/18/16 03:10 PM
Excellent backtrack, Loved the guitar work.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: WildKat Blues - 03/18/16 11:46 PM
Very soulful. I really enjoyed it!
Posted By: Music-AMG Re: WildKat Blues - 03/19/16 09:10 PM
Thanks everyone.. glad you enjoyed it.. great software, still scratching at it. All I am interested is playing blues and having fun with it.

I have never used any other software before, so, I have no other reference to compare this with. I actually just went digital not long ago, so, all of this is new to me.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: WildKat Blues - 03/26/16 11:52 AM
Nice. The RT's work well with your guitar.
Welcome aboard. Hey, you might want
to look around some...bet you would find
some blues you'd like.

J&B
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: WildKat Blues - 03/26/16 01:03 PM
Hi AMG.. welcome to the forum! Aren't you glad you bought Band in a Box? And isn't this about as much fun as anything else that's legal and moral?

You say you've never used any other music creation software before this.. well, you sure did catch on quickly! From zero to complete project already!

This reminds me of James Taylor's Steamroller Blues (that's a good thing)

anyway.. great job! Keep 'em coming!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: WildKat Blues - 03/29/16 05:06 PM
I mean your level of playing was at the level of the excellent musicians who are the session players used by PG music. Take care. Greg
Posted By: Caloo Re: WildKat Blues - 03/29/16 06:21 PM
Great playing and mix !
May I say that this tune is very relaxing by the harmonious flow of notes in a slow tempo ?
Cheers
Pascal
Posted By: Noel96 Re: WildKat Blues - 03/30/16 03:02 AM
AMG,

I just couldn't go past without joining in with all the other accolades... very nice music indeed!

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Carolyne Re: WildKat Blues - 03/30/16 03:42 AM
Oh my goodness!!! Now this is the blues. I mean those kind of blues that says you're melancholy enough to sing 'em, but stubborn enough not to admit it. Great job!
-Carolyne
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: WildKat Blues - 03/30/16 07:19 AM
AMG,

Wow!

Just pour me another...

Atmosphere, I really mean atmosphere

What a great delivery.
© PG Music Forums