PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Yo - 10/14/17 04:10 PM
Yo

For about last three months I have had a pinched nerve that caused my fretting hand's little finger to go numb and totally useless. Thus my guitar playing has been to a bare minimum. It just started to get better so I played this jam. I wasn't going to post it but a couple of friends said that I should so here is that jam.

BiaB style = Visions1 - Dreamy New Age

I deleted the bass and drums.
I kept the piano, changed the guitar to bells and the string I modified to better fit the song.
The drums are from Groove Monkee MIDI loops and also modified.
I am playing the guitar and fretless bass.

I hope you like it for what it is.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Yo - 10/14/17 04:27 PM
Yo Mario,

Sounding pretty danged good to me! As you know, I, too,have left hand issues. Focal Dystonia is a nightmare for musicians and authors (I also write novels, so my puter keyboard gets a real workout).

A nice arrangement and selection of tracks. That was a real pleasure to listen to. Glad you listened to your friends! Very nice, indeed! Wishing you the best with thand and all else.

Alan
Posted By: RnAM Re: Yo - 10/14/17 04:49 PM
Sorry to hear about that, Mario.
I also experienced this on one of my fingers a long time ago.
I'm afraid you have to take some time off, but something tells me, you are probably not going to do that wink (neither did I back then) and eventually it disappeared.

This track however is rather soothing laugh

Rob
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Yo - 10/14/17 05:31 PM
Great work on this, Mario smile Sorry to hear about your hands - hopefully you've have full functionality again soon! I really liked the arrangement on this, the song has a really nice flow to it.

Great job, and thanks for sharing!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Yo - 10/14/17 08:59 PM
Yo Alan,

Sorry to hear about your hand problems, they make mine seem minor.

Thanx for listening and yes the hand is getting much better. At least I can now play some guitar.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Yo - 10/14/17 09:01 PM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Sorry to hear about that, Mario.
I also experienced this on one of my fingers a long time ago.
I'm afraid you have to take some time off, but something tells me, you are probably not going to do that wink (neither did I back then) and eventually it disappeared.

This track however is rather soothing laugh

Rob

Thanx Rob. I did take about 3 months off of serious playing. I could use my other three fingers but it was different. I didn't play much as I didn't want to get into any bad habits. How in hell did Jean "Django" Reinhardt do it!

Thanx for listening.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Yo - 10/14/17 09:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Great work on this, Mario smile Sorry to hear about your hands - hopefully you've have full functionality again soon! I really liked the arrangement on this, the song has a really nice flow to it.

Great job, and thanks for sharing!

Thanx Deryk. I have about 95% back and I should be to 100% in a few days, I hope.

Thanx for listening.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Yo - 10/14/17 09:50 PM
Mario, once again you have put together a very interesting sounding track! You always blend together some great sounds! I really liked the tone on that guitar! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Yo - 10/14/17 11:41 PM

Sounds great man. I little Jerry Garcia in there.

Hey, what kind of guitar is that in the picture?

Sweet tone and good looking too!
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Yo - 10/15/17 01:53 AM
Nice to see you working round your pain.
Refreshing work.
Rob
Posted By: Scott C Re: Yo - 10/15/17 11:42 AM
I love this Mario. I found this so very interesting how wove around a very cool back track. Excellent playing. Great sound
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Yo - 10/15/17 12:19 PM
Spacey!

cool progressions and great guitar tone

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Yo - 10/15/17 06:46 PM
Mario,

It is the expression that matters. And this has plenty of that!

A good listen. Cool music.

floyd
Posted By: MarioD Re: Yo - 10/15/17 08:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Mario, once again you have put together a very interesting sounding track! You always blend together some great sounds! I really liked the tone on that guitar! Thanks, Torrey

Thanx Torrey.

It isn't often that you hear a non-distorted guitar on the radio anymore. A lot of the time I like a clean clear guitar tone.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Yo - 10/15/17 08:57 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Sounds great man. I little Jerry Garcia in there.

Hey, what kind of guitar is that in the picture?

Sweet tone and good looking too!

Thanx David. Actually some people think I look like Garcia! i don't see it myself.

That is a Kramer NightRider guitar.

Attached picture th.jpg
Posted By: MarioD Re: Yo - 10/15/17 08:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Nice to see you working round your pain.
Refreshing work.
Rob

Thanx Rob.

I'm almost back to 100%.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Yo - 10/15/17 08:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
I love this Mario. I found this so very interesting how wove around a very cool back track. Excellent playing. Great sound

Thanx Scott. This means a lot to me coming from another guitarist.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Yo - 10/15/17 09:00 PM
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Spacey!

cool progressions and great guitar tone

enjoyed the listen,

Kenny

Thanx Kenny. Most of the chord progression is from Hey Joe.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Yo - 10/15/17 09:01 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Mario,

It is the expression that matters. And this has plenty of that!

A good listen. Cool music.

floyd

Thanx Floyd.

You are so right in that it is the expression that matters.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: Yo - 10/15/17 11:08 PM
Sounds good, Mario! It seems several of us "old folks" around here have had some problems with our hands lately. While I am not nearly as old as you, smile I have had some issues with my hands as well. As you get more feeling and strength, keep doing what you can do. Your music is a gift, not only to you, but to all of us here who care about you.

Keep it up, young man!

Steve
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Yo - 10/16/17 07:01 PM
Interesting music Mario!! It has sort of a hallucinogenic merry-go-round quality. Very trippy. Love the feel of the guitar on this. Is the nerve issue from the neck, the elbow, or elsewhere? Hopefully you will continue to recover fully ASAP. THanks for posting!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Yo - 10/17/17 04:52 PM
Glad you are mo betta! I knowt anything like that puts a serious dent in a musician's life. I've reached the age where I ache in places I didn't know I had places smile

We like the jam and the ethereal feel of it. There is a Garcia aura to the playing but it has your stamp all over it -- a good thing.

Oh, the drums are outstanding!

Nice...

J&B
Posted By: dani48 Re: Yo - 10/17/17 05:02 PM
Hi, Mario !!!:))

This is very original indeed !
I think your finger is getting
better and that backing is just super !!!

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Yo - 10/17/17 10:20 PM
Mario, very interesting piece of music. Didn't notice the lack of the little finger though:)
Very good as usual.

Mike B.
Posted By: guitar1 Re: Yo - 10/19/17 12:02 AM
Mario, I hate to hear of your hand problems. I have had some problems, but so far they come and go. I just finished a tune that I had been working on a guitar solo for, but tonight it just wasn't, there so I just routed around it. Sometimes I just have to let it go. Looks to me like you managed to work around yours quite well. Hope things work out for you. Nice job. BTW I think I heard a trace of deadhead in there as well.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Yo - 10/19/17 12:54 AM
Wow Mario, I really like the sound you've captured here.

The musical blend works extremely well.

There's a lot of interesting things happening right throughout this song.

A good listen for sure.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Yo - 11/07/17 12:51 AM
Mario,

Once more you lead the listening along the the road of musical invention. Whenever I see a thread of yours in the forum, I know that I'm going to be hearing something good. I enjoyed this smile

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Yo - 11/07/17 12:47 PM
hi mariod glad your hand is getting better good chops and nice tone on this keep playing eric
© PG Music Forums