PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Halloween 2017 - 10/24/17 08:15 PM
Halloween 2017

Just my yearly Halloween song. The countries that do not celebrate Halloween either may not want to hear this one or may not get the drift of it and Halloween.

BobH played the acoustic rhythm guitar parts and I added everything else.

BiaB style = Prayer.sty - Prayer - very slow trance like (a fitting style is it not?). I deleted all but the drums (heartbeat) and modified it to better fit the song.

Halloween 2017

Someone just opened the door
I scream I shout
Who let the monsters out

There's a man on horse up ahead
In his hand is his head
This night ain't gonna be fun
I just saw a walking skeleton

A whole bunch of scary sounds

Standing by a post
I see two ghosts
I just stepped in mud
Oh no it's blood

Something made my eye twitch
It's a witch
Gremlins are coming after me
Oh no they're zombies

What's this they put me in
it's a coffin
I scream I shout
Who let the monsters out
Posted By: Al-David Re: Halloween 2017 - 10/24/17 09:42 PM
Hey mario ...

Really cool! Those first opening bars sounded like me getting out of bed!

Love your originality. Very creative and entertaining. This is really cool. Sounds like you found a couple of my old girlfriends to help you out! Could be a soundtrack to a teen horror movie!

Maybe a little more higher eq on your voice would be my only suggestion. Thanks for the ride! best to you,

Alan
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Halloween 2017 - 10/25/17 07:12 AM
Mario,

Great sound fx in the opening and throughout.

Stop trying to scare us all wink crazy cry
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Halloween 2017 - 10/25/17 07:30 AM
Gotta get some oil for that scream I mean hinges.
Funny :0
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Halloween 2017 - 10/25/17 08:04 AM
Fun stuff, Mario! Loved all the fx.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Halloween 2017 - 10/25/17 10:34 AM
Now that’s insane! How many tracks?

J&B
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Halloween 2017 - 10/25/17 11:30 AM
Wow - what an inventive and creative tune! The sound effects meld perfectly with the music, and it really sets a perfect Halloween mood.

Great work, and thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Halloween 2017 - 10/25/17 02:32 PM
Wow, I love this one! I think it's really cool to do a Halloween song using BiaB! I think it's a very creative use of the program, and I would love to see others join in on this! Halloween is my favourite time of year!

Great stuff!
Posted By: bluage Re: Halloween 2017 - 10/25/17 03:12 PM
Mr. "MarioD"...

I believe I've said this at least twice before in my comments on your songs: you should perform these little musical comedies live, on stage, in front of adults who would love to be "in" on your jokes!

Once again, as in "Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot", you and your collaborators have tick-tick-tickled my funny-bone hard enough to make me laugh out loud. Obviously, you have kept alive the child in you that can't resist having fun, but with music.

I dare you guys -- c'mon, c'mon, I double dare ya'! -- to pack your instruments up with your BIAB tracks and get yourselves booked in a local neighborhood nightclub that could use a live act to drum up some Halloween business. Even thought-up a name for your new act: "MarioD and His Funny Bones". I swear, I feel I could almost guarantee that your audience would have a hoot watching you two perform this shrieking, scarifying song for laughs!

Hell, you could wow some kids with this at a Halloween party, too.

Chilled, thrilled, and tickled to "death",

LOREN
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Halloween 2017 - 10/26/17 05:12 PM
Fun song/soundfx collage Mario!! Thanks for the Fall seasonal treat. Enjoyed!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Halloween 2017 - 10/26/17 08:06 PM
Cool one, Mario.

always enjoy your Halloween SONG... nicely mixed. (Or brewed?)

fj
Posted By: guitar1 Re: Halloween 2017 - 10/26/17 10:49 PM
Mario, my friend. I have said it before. You have a wonderful imagination. This concoction is marvelous!
To say well done, is a total understatement.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Halloween 2017 - 10/27/17 11:36 AM
So much fun Mario!
Posted By: Scott C Re: Halloween 2017 - 10/27/17 12:13 PM
That was very cool Mario. Loved the special effects and your lyric and spoken word vocal. Really enjoyable. Well done
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Halloween 2017 - 10/27/17 02:14 PM
who let the monsters out?

(love the screams)

very entertaining,

Kenny
Posted By: MarioD Re: Halloween 2017 - 10/31/17 10:59 AM
Hi all, I finally got my music computer up and running again. I apologize for being late on these responses.

Thanx Alan, "you found a couple of my old girlfriend?" Way too much information! grin grin grin

Thanx VT, Rob, Dave, Greg, guitar 1, Dave , Scott C and Kenny for listening and commenting. I really appreciate your kind words.

Thanx J&B. There were only 10 tracks in this one.

Thanx Deryk and Ember. I found that heartbeat by mistake. I am working on another song with JonD and stumbled across the Prayer -Very Slow Trance style that has that heartbeat.

Loren thanx so much. My gigging days are over but if I were to start again my band would be called "Maestro Mario and his Merry Music Makers" and yes I would have a bubble machine.

Thanx Floyd. I purchased the waves "How to Brew a Song" book. Now I just have to buy the mastering cauldron plug-in.
Posted By: dani48 Re: Halloween 2017 - 10/31/17 05:30 PM
Hi, Mario !

You got me really scared !!!!
There are chills on my spine
as I think the zoombies
are knocking on the dooooooooor......
uuuuuaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!

I did survive this time !!!

Cheers
Dani
© PG Music Forums