PG Music Home
Posted By: Don Gaynor Oklahoma Sunrise - 06/25/18 01:47 PM
https://soundcloud.com/donald-gaynor/oklahoma-sunrise

I did this about 4 months ago upon waking to the most dazzling sunrise that I've ever seen.

I hope that haven't double-posted it in my exuberance.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Oklahoma Sunrise - 06/25/18 03:18 PM
Exuberance is always good!

That is a most lovely composition...can almost see that sunrise.

J&B
Posted By: dcuny Re: Oklahoma Sunrise - 06/25/18 05:59 PM
Mellow song - a pleasant way to pass the time.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Oklahoma Sunrise - 06/25/18 06:50 PM
Thanks, David and J&B. Much appreciated.

@David. I thought of you while watching the new developments in digital music technology on a separate thread on these forums.

Maybe you should contact the major smartphone manufacturing people. I'm amazed at what they are cramming into such a small package. I think that Tobii/Dynavox, manufacturers of my Speech Synthesis Device, have already been upstaged by very inexpensive phone apps that have even more functionality.

It seems like a bad time to be trying to promote anything in the broad field of voice synthesis. The industry giants are already pouring $millions into it.

When I was involved in circuit design, there was a more gradual slope to product trends. Much different from the overnight changes seen today. We had a little breathing room.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Oklahoma Sunrise - 06/25/18 08:52 PM
Hello, Don.

Yep, saw many of those Oklahoma sunrises when I lived in Tulsa back in the early 2000s. Very pretty, indeed. Smoother than warm butter and as sweet as my wife's kisses (that's pretty sweet!).

You did a really nice mix against a super arrangement. What a wonderful listen!

Alan
Posted By: Scott C Re: Oklahoma Sunrise - 06/26/18 11:08 AM
Very pretty tune. Very enjoyable to listen too.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Oklahoma Sunrise - 06/26/18 01:37 PM
What a beautiful sound! I find that the Summer Solstice always brings about the most beautiful sunrises, provided that the weather is behaving. Something about the longest day of the year and seeing the sunrise that day is always just so magical. Then again, here in Victoria, are blessed by really spectacular sunrises.

Thanks for sharing your song with us!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Oklahoma Sunrise - 06/28/18 09:04 PM
I wouldn't care if you posted this 10 times.

Very pretty!!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Oklahoma Sunrise - 07/04/18 08:14 PM
Very pretty Don!! Nice mix too....just rolls along so nicely!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Oklahoma Sunrise - 07/04/18 10:45 PM
Love this. Nicely done. Rob
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Oklahoma Sunrise - 07/05/18 12:37 PM
Really nice job on this, Don smile I love how calm and peaceful this tune is. Super easy on the ears, and the composition is magical. I know how it feels to catch a particularly spectacular sunrise - as Ember mentioned above, in Victoria we get some really beautiful orange and pink skies in the morning.

Great work, and thanks so much for sharing!
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Oklahoma Sunrise - 07/05/18 01:49 PM
Hi Don great work on this! I found this very easy to listen to and I quite enjoyed the chord progression. Very warm sounding and pleasing! Well done!
© PG Music Forums