PG Music Home
Wildflowers In Springtime

Tom (tommyad) did all the heavy lifting on this one. He handled all of the production/mix/mastering, played guitar/steel, created the arrangement and wrote the lyric. Janice created the melody and sings. Bud engineered Janice’s vocal, took the photo and went along for the ride smile

Thank you Tom for inviting Janice in on this!
And thank you forum folks for your time to hopefully both listen and comment.

Recorded in Logic Pro X
Plugins: Nectar 2, Neutron 2, Ozone 8, Tonal Balance, Waves LinMB, Waves, L3-LL Multi Limiter, CLA Acoustic, Waves Vocal Rider, Waves Bass Rider

Janice Merritt: Vocal (Rodes NT1 > Scarlet 212 > Logic Pro X)
Tom Adams: Acoustic Guitar and Pedal Steel,

RealTracks in style: 777:Bass, Acoustic, PopWaltz Ev 085 (A:simple)
RealTracks in style: ~827:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Country Waltz Sw 110
Royalty Free Loops

I've listened to this a few times since I saw the upload a few days ago.

Can't really add to the comments I made over on SC other than to say that this song is one the best you guys have ever done, and you have done a lot of great songs!

Just a very special song, well done everyone!
Janice, Bud, Tom,

Stunning. Beautiful. Perfect.

The song, the production, and the performances - stellar! Top shelf. Radio ready.

This is going straight to the top of the PG Music charts.

Standing ovation.
Janice, Bud & Tom,

This is stunning and beautiful... A crystal clear vocal and arrangement filled with emotion.

There are not enough good things to say about this song...

It's like listening to a combination of Emmylou Harris, Amy Helm & Alison Krauss backed by The Band.

Tremendous!

Bob
Beautiful song, winning backing, and honey-smooth voice laying out a lyric that makes me either want to go kiss somebody, or want somebody to come kiss me. Don't fret, Bud. I don't cut in. Misty eyed and smiling here. Thanks all.
Wow!!! A very beautiful folk song sang with such emotion. Really nice collab with all of you.
Another beautiful collaboration...
Great song...
Great mix & production...
Lovely vocals...
You guys really do well together!
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
I've listened to this a few times since I saw the upload a few days ago.

Can't really add to the comments I made over on SC other than to say that this song is one the best you guys have ever done, and you have done a lot of great songs!

Just a very special song, well done everyone!

Thanks Dave. Tom and Janice have done several collabs where he hands her a vocal free production and lets her create a melody. All of them have been fun and we are happy you like this one!

J&B
Starts with a neo folk feel but soon sounds like something trad Emmy Lou Harris might do. Very nice!
Originally Posted By: olemon
Janice, Bud, Tom,

Stunning. Beautiful. Perfect.

The song, the production, and the performances - stellar! Top shelf. Radio ready.

This is going straight to the top of the PG Music charts.

Standing ovation.

Thanks. That is very nice and thoughtful of you to say. And, BTW, it's great to see you back around the forum!

J&B
Well, I agree with everything said here

it's Awesome!

that mournful fiddle gets to me and says so much

Janice's vocal and melody are hauntingly beautiful

great job Bud

Tom, you are a great talent. no doubt in my mind,

you've proven it before and shine here

just a fantastic song guys

Kenny
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Janice, Bud & Tom,

This is stunning and beautiful... A crystal clear vocal and arrangement filled with emotion.

There are not enough good things to say about this song...

It's like listening to a combination of Emmylou Harris, Amy Helm & Alison Krauss backed by The Band.

Tremendous!

Bob

Thanks so much Bob...Tom did a wonderful production -- his use of BiaB and loops and his playing are amazing!

J&B
That is just DAMN BEAUTIFUL!!! Some wonderful lyrics, a great arrangement, great vocal, and knockout production! Just got back from a day trip to check out some wild flowers about an hour ago. They were beautiful but paled in comparison to this song! AWESOME!!! Take care. Greg
I knew when I saw the names of who did this in the title that I was going to like this song, before I ever heard it. Three of my favorites working together to produce another fine example of good music.

There is something special about this one. The message, of course is very powerful. The arrangement and mix are spot on. The vocals are very emotive and excellent, as usual. The delivery, and the haunting melody are so compelling and memorable. The mixture of all these things make up a recipe for a most delicious serving of song.

The bar keeps getting raised around this place.

So good!

Steve

I found this tune very peaceful and captivating.
Lyrics are well constructed and I particularly Liked the melody.
Congrats to all involved. Rob
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Beautiful song, winning backing, and honey-smooth voice laying out a lyric that makes me either want to go kiss somebody, or want somebody to come kiss me. Don't fret, Bud. I don't cut in. Misty eyed and smiling here. Thanks all.

Reactions like that mean mission accomplished in song writing and performance. Thank you so much. And thanks for the smile on Janice’s face!

J&B
Lovely - nothing else needed.
Tom +J&B,

This was a perfect tune to start my morning!
Very tastefully done. Nothing to say, but excellent work from all three of you!

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Originally Posted By: Belladonna
Wow!!! A very beautiful folk song sang with such emotion. Really nice collab with all of you.

Thank you Donna. Glad you liked it!

J&B
Dave,Scott,Bob,Tangmo,Donna,Jim,Tunemonger, Thank you all for listening and taking the time to leave such wonderful comments. I will be gone traveling for much of the summer, but I will try and check in from time to time. Keep writing and continuing to support this great forum, Tom. Also a huge thanks to J&B!
Kenny, Greg, Steve, Rob, Ray and Misha, Thank you all for stopping by and for all of your support over the years, Tom
Originally Posted By: Jim
Another beautiful collaboration...
Great song...
Great mix & production...
Lovely vocals...
You guys really do well together!

Thanks Jim!

J&B
Janice, Bud and Tom,

Wonderful collaboration here . . . really pretty song, expertly put together. It’s working on all cylinders—from the write to the vocals to the arrangement to . . . well, everything else. Outstanding!

My best to each of you,

Deej
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Starts with a neo folk feel but soon sounds like something trad Emmy Lou Harris might do. Very nice!

Cool description! Thanks for listening and the insight.

J&B
Really nice. Easily one of the best I've heard from you guys.

Nice production job too on Tom's part.
What a tune! Captured all the best elements of folk music for me - rich in tone and nicely catchy without being overbearing. And those vocals just soar - the whole tune got my swaying and flows gorgeously.

Thanks so much for sharing smile
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Well, I agree with everything said here

it's Awesome!

that mournful fiddle gets to me and says so much

Janice's vocal and melody are hauntingly beautiful

great job Bud

Tom, you are a great talent. no doubt in my mind,

you've proven it before and shine here

just a fantastic song guys

Kenny

Thanks Kenny. Regarding that fiddle, yeah, Tom is a wizard at choosing and executing loops..and making them work with BiaB.
As always we very much appreciate your support and comments!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
That is just DAMN BEAUTIFUL!!! Some wonderful lyrics, a great arrangement, great vocal, and knockout production! Just got back from a day trip to check out some wild flowers about an hour ago. They were beautiful but paled in comparison to this song! AWESOME!!! Take care. Greg

Hey Greg, you made our day! Thank you!!!

J&B
The singing in this song is absolutely beautiful, and the guitar sounds great too! Thanks for sharing.
Originally Posted By: Steve Young
I knew when I saw the names of who did this in the title that I was going to like this song, before I ever heard it. Three of my favorites working together to produce another fine example of good music.

There is something special about this one. The message, of course is very powerful. The arrangement and mix are spot on. The vocals are very emotive and excellent, as usual. The delivery, and the haunting melody are so compelling and memorable. The mixture of all these things make up a recipe for a most delicious serving of song.

The bar keeps getting raised around this place.

So good!

Steve

Thank you Steve. Tom made our role in this, well, Janice’s, by handing us such a beautiful production. We all appreciate your kind remarks.

J&B
Hi Jannice and Bud,

I must have missed this post, but here I am... and impressed.
You managed to make a beautiful countrysong with an Irish touch.
Even my wife loves this melancholic song. And I'm always fond of using violins, fiddles or whatever and you did it very nice.
I don't mention your fantastic voicequalities anymore. That becomes boring I'm afraid.
Normally I am not such a lover of steelguitars or all of that kind, but in your song it fits so nice that maybe I'm gonna use it myself.

On Soundcloud I will 'like' this song aswell.

Cheers,
Hans
What a lovely song. Loved the intro and the backtrack felt like it was floating. Janice one of your best vocals. Tom what a beautiful lyric. The song was so professionally done. Well done. Steel was very cool
Originally Posted By: Rob4580

I found this tune very peaceful and captivating.
Lyrics are well constructed and I particularly Liked the melody.
Congrats to all involved. Rob

Thank you Rob!
Tom and Janice ...

This song is the perfect example why we sometimes use the word "sweet" TO COMPLIMENT A SONG. It's well written. arranged, mixed and delivered. It's captivating, endearing and such a treat for the listener. Awesomely awesome! Still smiling after a big sigh of appreciation for this treasure. Wishing all of you the very best.

Alan
Originally Posted By: rayc
Lovely - nothing else needed.

And that says it all for us...thanks Ray!
Wonderful work done by everyone involved. A top notch song with a performance and production to match! Thanks, Torrey
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Tom +J&B,

This was a perfect tune to start my morning!
Very tastefully done. Nothing to say, but excellent work from all three of you!

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

Thanks Misha. "Tasteful" is always a good objective and we are happy that you feel we met it!

J&B
Well done Janice and Bud! Another great tune. Very wonderful vibes with this one. I found it quite uplifting. Thanks for sharing!
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Janice, Bud and Tom,

Wonderful collaboration here . . . really pretty song, expertly put together. It’s working on all cylinders—from the write to the vocals to the arrangement to . . . well, everything else. Outstanding!

My best to each of you,

Deej

Firing on all the cylinders is good! Thanks for listening and the kind remarks!

J&B
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Really nice. Easily one of the best I've heard from you guys.

Nice production job too on Tom's part.

Thank you Herb. We appreciate that and yep Tom did great work!

J&B
Absolutely beautiful song and production!

Mike B.
I just let this beautiful melody flow over me and saturate through me. Quite lovely. Of course, the vocal matches the melody. I enjoyed all aspects of this production.
Wow, that is a very beautiful song. A stunning vocal performance... a voice that will be in my head for a long time... very well done, Janice!

Great production - I really enjoyed listening!

Will
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
What a tune! Captured all the best elements of folk music for me - rich in tone and nicely catchy without being overbearing. And those vocals just soar - the whole tune got my swaying and flows gorgeously.

Thanks so much for sharing smile

Thanks Deryk. The song was a real joy.

J&B
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
The singing in this song is absolutely beautiful, and the guitar sounds great too! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much Ember!

Janice
What a great collaboration. Everyone was on the same page for this. Beautiful.
Cheers,
Mike
Very beautiful folk song, I really like that fiddle, it has that nice mourningful Celtic sound. And on top of that other carefully selected instruments, nice chording, Janice's excellent interpretation and simple touching lyrics…

Janne
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Jannice and Bud,

I must have missed this post, but here I am... and impressed.
You managed to make a beautiful countrysong with an Irish touch.
Even my wife loves this melancholic song. And I'm always fond of using violins, fiddles or whatever and you did it very nice.
I don't mention your fantastic voicequalities anymore. That becomes boring I'm afraid.
Normally I am not such a lover of steelguitars or all of that kind, but in your song it fits so nice that maybe I'm gonna use it myself.

On Soundcloud I will 'like' this song aswell.

Cheers,
Hans

Hans, thank you very much. Janice much appreciates your comments about her vocal and Tom did an amazing job with BiaB and loops to set the stage for his fine lyric and Janice's melody. We appreciate you listening and taking the time to comment. And we are happy your wife likes it!

Bud
Thanks to Deej,Herb,Deryk,Ember,Birchwood,Scott,Alan,Torrey,Joe,Mike,Scott,Will,Mike,Janne. I appreciate all the positive comments, Tom
"Life moves so fast it passes us by
Lessons that we should have learned
Makes us forget that we haven’t yet
Gone back to the way that we were"

WOW songwriting right there. A beautiful lyric throughout. A beautiful melody - classic sounding.

Everything about the production is gorgeous. The clarity of the guitar/fiddle/mandolin combination is stunning. An impeccable mix.

The vocal (needless to say) is flawless. And perfectly processed and sitting perfectly in the mix.

One of those songs that, from the first listen, sounds like you've known it all your life.

There is an amazing amount of high caliber music on this forum these days. It's exploding. You three are right at the top of that...

fj
Originally Posted By: Scott C
What a lovely song. Loved the intro and the backtrack felt like it was floating. Janice one of your best vocals. Tom what a beautiful lyric. The song was so professionally done. Well done. Steel was very cool

Scott, thank you very much!

J&B
Absolutely deserving of all the glowing reviews. That fiddle intro alone catches the breath. Wonderfully tender vocals, lovely thought behind the lyrics... the kind of song that just keeps giving.

Robert
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Tom and Janice ...

This song is the perfect example why we sometimes use the word "sweet" TO COMPLIMENT A SONG. It's well written. arranged, mixed and delivered. It's captivating, endearing and such a treat for the listener. Awesomely awesome! Still smiling after a big sigh of appreciation for this treasure. Wishing all of you the very best.

Alan

You are very much appreciated Al. Our best to both of you.

J&B
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Wonderful work done by everyone involved. A top notch song with a performance and production to match! Thanks, Torrey

Thank you Torrey!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Joe -PG Music
Well done Janice and Bud! Another great tune. Very wonderful vibes with this one. I found it quite uplifting. Thanks for sharing!

Thank Joe. Glad you liked it!

J&B
Like I said in the comments on soundcloud, Lovely!

My only "gripe", I could have listened to at least five more minutes of it!
Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Absolutely beautiful song and production!

Mike B.

Thank you Mike!

Janice
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
I just let this beautiful melody flow over me and saturate through me. Quite lovely. Of course, the vocal matches the melody. I enjoyed all aspects of this production.

Thanks for saying that. It’s much appreciated!

J&B
Janice, Bud and Tom...
After listening to this song again...
I have to give all of you another pat on the back...
Good job!
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Wow, that is a very beautiful song. A stunning vocal performance... a voice that will be in my head for a long time... very well done, Janice!

Great production - I really enjoyed listening!

Will

Thanks you so much Will!

J&B
floyd, Robert, Lawrence, Thanks for the kind comments, Tom
Originally Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G)
What a great collaboration. Everyone was on the same page for this. Beautiful.
Cheers,
Mike

Thank you Mike. Glad you liked it.

J&B

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Very beautiful folk song, I really like that fiddle, it has that nice mourningful Celtic sound. And on top of that other carefully selected instruments, nice chording, Janice's excellent interpretation and simple touching lyrics…

Janne

Thanks Janne. Yep, Tom really made that fiddle loop a standout track!

J&B
This is really gorgeous y'all. Outstanding production!

Sorry I have been so out of pocket. Things should be back to normal June 1.
You're welcome! Kudos' to Tom too!
Janice, Bud and Tom,

This is a really stunning work of art.

If this were the Olympics, Tom's 'heavy lifting' would definitely put him in the gold medal position of his weightlifting category. His lyrics, his arrangement, his playing and his producing are stunning. As I listened, everything about this resonated with me.

Equally, Janice's melody is an absolutely wonderful treat as it travels alongside Tom's harmony. It's ups and downs carried me smoothly and felt very, very comfortable on my ears. Like Tom's work, Janice's vocals were also in a gold-medal category all of their own. Every syllable that Janice sang was crystal clear and so very easy to listen to -- Bud, your engineering is superb!

Truly, what a beautiful song!

All the best,
Noel
I'm late in listening to this top notch performance so besides quoting Floyd (I couldn't say this any better) all I can add is WOW this is freaking awesome!

Originally Posted By: floyd jane

WOW songwriting right there. A beautiful lyric throughout. A beautiful melody - classic sounding.

Everything about the production is gorgeous. The clarity of the guitar/fiddle/mandolin combination is stunning. An impeccable mix.

The vocal (needless to say) is flawless. And perfectly processed and sitting perfectly in the mix.

One of those songs that, from the first listen, sounds like you've known it all your life.

There is an amazing amount of high caliber music on this forum these days. It's exploding. You three are right at the top of that...

fj
Originally Posted By: floyd jane

fj

floyd, thanks you oh so much. It was a real pleasure to participate in Tom’s song and production.

Janice
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Absolutely deserving of all the glowing reviews. That fiddle intro alone catches the breath. Wonderfully tender vocals, lovely thought behind the lyrics... the kind of song that just keeps giving.

Robert

Thanks Robert! We love that fiddle.

J&B

Originally Posted By: gruverider
Like I said in the comments on soundcloud, Lovely!

My only "gripe", I could have listened to at least five more minutes of it!
Janice, Bud and Tom...
Good job!

Thank you Lawrence!

J&B

Janice, Bud and Tom...
Good job!

We and Tom much appreciate that!

J&B
Janice, Bud & Tom,

Excellent, stunning, superb, awesome , beautiful etc -(but I think that's already been said).

I really liked this one from the first time I heard it. It's a lovely song.

A truly wonderful production (we are really spoilt here to receive such quality offerings).

A great team effort.

Peter
Absolute top caliber at every level. If there was a musical Olympics this collaboration wins all the gold medals. Heading back for another listen or two.
Originally Posted By: David Snyder
This is really gorgeous y'all. Outstanding production!

Sorry I have been so out of pocket. Things should be back to normal June 1.

Thanks!

NO! Don't get back to normal smile

J&B
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Janice, Bud and Tom,

This is a really stunning work of art.

If this were the Olympics, Tom's 'heavy lifting' would definitely put him in the gold medal position of his weightlifting category. His lyrics, his arrangement, his playing and his producing are stunning. As I listened, everything about this resonated with me.

Equally, Janice's melody is an absolutely wonderful treat as it travels alongside Tom's harmony. It's ups and downs carried me smoothly and felt very, very comfortable on my ears. Like Tom's work, Janice's vocals were also in a gold-medal category all of their own. Every syllable that Janice sang was crystal clear and so very easy to listen to -- Bud, your engineering is superb!

Truly, what a beautiful song!

All the best,
Noel

Thanks Noel. My engineering was confined to Janice's vocal and it was a pleasure to contribute that. Janice much appreciates your comments about her vocal! Thanks for your support.

J&B

Originally Posted By: MarioD
I'm late in listening to this top notch performance so besides quoting Floyd (I couldn't say this any better) all I can add is WOW this is freaking awesome!

[quote=floyd jane]"Life moves so fast it passes us by

fj
[/quote

Thanks Mario!!!

Janice

]
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Janice, Bud & Tom,

Excellent, stunning, superb, awesome , beautiful etc -(but I think that's already been said).

I really liked this one from the first time I heard it. It's a lovely song.

A truly wonderful production (we are really spoilt here to receive such quality offerings).

A great team effort.

Peter

Thank you Peter and welcome back!!!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Absolute top caliber at every level. If there was a musical Olympics this collaboration wins all the gold medals. Heading back for another listen or two.

Thanks Charlie. We ALWAYS look forward to and appreciate your comments...

J&B
© PG Music Forums